What's The Best Thin Crust Pizza in Western Massac

Author
davetoo
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 45
2005/06/14 18:04:17 (permalink)

What's The Best Thin Crust Pizza in Western Massac

We think the best thin crust pizza is at the Aqua Vitae in Hadley (on Route 9,just over the Coolidge bridge from Northampton, on the right at the traffic light).She,(Sue),does a great egg roll also. Please correct me if I'm wrong and give me your recommendations. People here in Happy Valley swear by Joe's Pizza, but we have never been impressed. Same thing with Robertos in Northampton (for every 1 good pizza that you get, the next 5 really suck)....(the 5 that suck seem to weigh in at about 2lbs...way too much toppings and cheese...like they were made by a kid in high school with the more is better mentality.
We would appreciate any recommendations regarding THIN CRUST pizza in the area (for that matter, any place within 100 miles of Northampton.
Thank you in advance for any recommendations.

2 Replies Related Threads

wheregreggeats.com
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4606
    RE: What's The Best Thin Crust Pizza in Western Massac 2005/06/14 18:20:29 (permalink)
    I also swear by Joe's Pizza in the valley.

If you are a transplant from elsewhere, it might be way different than what you are used to.

I agree some of the others go for "poundage" ... not important, unless you are trying to fill up hungry kids, I guess?

Have you been to Pepe's or Sally's in New Haven? If so, did you like those two places?

tmiles
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1971
    RE: What's The Best Thin Crust Pizza in Western Massac 2005/10/11 16:39:16 (permalink)
    I have not had it at Aqua Vitae, although I do know where it is. I may stop sometime, but I don't get out there as often now that my daughter has moved. I had an excellent thin crust at Brew City in Worcester yesterday. I never had pizza there before, but I got sucked in by the low 6.95 price for an indiv thin crust pizza with a salad. Both were excellent. It has been some time since I've had a "flat" pizza. It was just a rolled out 10" blob of dough in a somewhat circular shape......no raised "lip" on the edge as is traditional around here. It was advertised as fresh mozzarella, with red and green peppers with onion. The scorch marks on the bottom showed that it had been baked on a hot surface, rather than in a pan. The crust had just the right amount of "chew factor", and the sauce complemented, but did not overpower the generous portion of cheese and fresh veggies. I have spent more for less.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1