The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

What's been your dumbest waste of money in the last 20 years?

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 33 of 33
felix4067

• Total Posts: 3289
Re:What's been your dumbest waste of money in the last 20 years? Sat, 03/24/12 7:52 PM (permalink)
That "loan" I gave my most recent ex, which he was going to pay back "in a couple of weeks". Which was last August. And I haven't talked to him since January...it was less painful to write off the debt as a very expensive learning experience and go on with my life.

bartl

• Total Posts: 1203
    Re:What's been your dumbest waste of money in the last 20 years? Sat, 03/24/12 10:57 PM (permalink)
    In early 1998, I was buying a new computer, and decided to get a really good one. I spent $3000 on it, and it was a really good computer. But there was a jump in technology, and by 2000 it was obsolete. Sigh. My current computer was bought in 2003 for $600, and is still fine for everything but movie editing (and mediocre for that).

Bart

SeamusD

• Total Posts: 939
      Re:What's been your dumbest waste of money in the last 20 years? Sun, 03/25/12 7:56 PM (permalink)
      bartl

In early 1998, I was buying a new computer, and decided to get a really good one. I spent $3000 on it, and it was a really good computer. But there was a jump in technology, and by 2000 it was obsolete. Sigh. My current computer was bought in 2003 for $600, and is still fine for everything but movie editing (and mediocre for that).

Bart

It's amazing how much computer prices have come down over the past 10 years alone, and the technology has gotten better.
      I spent $1000 on a refurbished P2-200mhz PC in 2000, I was able to sell it for $200 a year and a half later, much to my chagrin. I just bought a 3.6 gig quad core gaming system for $500 that'll probably last me the next 5 years. That was money NOT wasted. This time.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
        Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com