The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What's for BREAKFAST...???

Change Page: << < ..21222324 > | Showing page 21 of 24, messages 601 to 630 of 720
ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 901
Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Wed, 12/4/13 2:08 PM (permalink)
Panettone French toast

love2bake

• Total Posts: 1272
    Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Wed, 12/4/13 2:37 PM (permalink)
    Yes, Chris!!!  Tis the season. 

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7745
      Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Wed, 12/4/13 2:45 PM (permalink)
      How the Grinch stole French toast is my favorite holiday story.

CCinNJ

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Wed, 12/4/13 2:58 PM (permalink)

Especially the part where he looked @ the check & saw a $2 charge for real maple syrup.

I don't want to ruin the ending...

agnesrob

• Total Posts: 1790
          Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Wed, 12/4/13 8:47 PM (permalink)
          Chris, that sounds so good! Last year I made bread pudding using panettone. It was so good!!

ChrisOC

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Mon, 12/9/13 10:09 AM (permalink)
            Scrapple and eggs!!

ChrisOC

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Mon, 12/9/13 10:11 AM (permalink)
              agnesrob

Chris, that sounds so good! Last year I made bread pudding using panettone. It was so good!!

That sounds delicious!!!!

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4719
                Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Mon, 12/9/13 10:19 AM (permalink)
                Yesterday the store had whole beef tenderloins for $5/lb so we had bacon-wrapped filets for dinner.  There was one left so it was eaten this morning - the bacon qualifies it as breakfast food.

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2368
                  Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Wed, 01/1/14 7:42 PM (permalink)

I whined and begged and stomped my feet until Pie Diva made Cinnamon Rolls for New Years Day breakfast. She uses oatmeal in her dough recipe and these turn out better than any breakfast pastry I've ever had.

Well, not quite. I prefer the Sticky Buns she made today a little bit better.

agnesrob

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Wed, 01/1/14 9:22 PM (permalink)
                    Those pictures look so good!

love2bake

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Wed, 01/1/14 10:06 PM (permalink)
                      Good heavens!!  I'd whine and beg and stomp my feet, too, if someone would do that--they look awesome. 

love2bake

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Tue, 01/14/14 4:04 PM (permalink)

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2234
                          Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Tue, 01/14/14 4:55 PM (permalink)
                          L2B, nice way to wake up, then take a nap......looks wonderful.....

love2bake

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Tue, 01/21/14 10:42 AM (permalink)
                            True, pnw!  This morning I had peach cobbler for bfast.

<message edited by love2bake on Tue, 01/21/14 4:00 PM>

tmiles

• Total Posts: 1908
                              Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Tue, 01/21/14 5:04 PM (permalink)
                              I saw a recipe for a potato omelet in the paper. The picture looked good. You start with thinly sliced spuds fried to softness in olive oil. (I added some of the spicey Mrs Dash seasoning), add the eggs, fold over on shredded cheese, and then finish in the oven......the reason to use an iron skillet. It was very good. The newspaper story said that the "secret" is olive oil. I usually use butter. I'm sure that the olive oil was better for me.

CCinNJ

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Sat, 01/25/14 6:44 PM (permalink)
                                You have a way with peach dishes! That cobbler looks great & the peach pie you posted last summer was a work of art...as well!

I felt like using my Saladmaster machine so I used it to make Italian hash...

<message edited by CCinNJ on Sat, 01/25/14 6:45 PM>

love2bake

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Mon, 02/3/14 12:03 PM (permalink)
                                  CC - what was in that hash besides potatoes?

This morning was a post-Super Bowl bonus:  migas

CCinNJ

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Tue, 02/4/14 10:29 AM (permalink)
                                    I really wanted to make some fruit slaw but didn't have enough fruit that day (& it was freezing) to make it interesting so that was pretty much "hashtime" practice for my Saladmaster....

That had homemade banana pepper spread & shallots. When I'm keeping score (actually eating it) I'll add some pepperoni & asiago cheese.

I've never had migas (never noticed migas on a menu here) & those migas look great!

Today is National Stuffed Mushroom Day AND National Soup Day. So it'll be French Onion Soup Stuffed Mushrooms to go along with the new Pimento Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms...

Under the hood...

<message edited by CCinNJ on Tue, 02/4/14 10:31 AM>

agnesrob

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Wed, 02/5/14 5:22 PM (permalink)
                                      CC! So good looking! Wish I had some now!!

CCinNJ

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Thu, 02/6/14 10:28 AM (permalink)
                                        Thank you Agnes!

I think I'm gonna make Tocino today...for breakfast tomorrow.
                                        <message edited by CCinNJ on Thu, 02/6/14 10:31 AM>

CCinNJ

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Fri, 02/7/14 10:35 PM (permalink)
                                          Went to Park Place Diner on Rte. 34 in Matawan....New Jersey

http://parkplacedinernj.com

Pancakes & pork roll....

Park Place is an excellent Diner that's usually busy & always immaculate...

Sweet breakfast & dessert cases full of beautiful fresh goodies...

<message edited by CCinNJ on Fri, 02/7/14 10:40 PM>

CCinNJ

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Fri, 02/7/14 11:00 PM (permalink)
                                            Tomorrow is Tocino day...

love2bake

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Wed, 02/12/14 1:06 PM (permalink)
                                              I had toasted homemade banana bread with a little bit of Nutella.

love2bake

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Fri, 02/21/14 8:25 PM (permalink)
                                                In honor of National Sticky Bun Day (Feb. 21) I made maple sticky buns for breakfast.

CCinNJ

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Fri, 02/21/14 11:18 PM (permalink)
                                                  That belongs in the National Sticky Bun Honor Society! 🏆

I had toast....
                                                  <message edited by CCinNJ on Fri, 02/21/14 11:28 PM>

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3705
                                                    Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Sat, 02/22/14 8:07 AM (permalink)
                                                    After all those beautiful photos ...

Nevertheless, we are (from glowing recommendations on this Forum) trying Wal-Mart's "Great Value Extra-Fluffy Pancake Mix".

The comment that stimulated my interest was " ... it is often out of stock; ... the stock boy says that it is because restaurants come in early and buy us out."

That and the fact that it is cheap as dirt made it a 'must try'.

On addition, we'll be having sausage links, eggs scrambles with pepper jack cheese, and Grade B pure maple syrup, OJ & coffee.

CCinNJ

Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Sat, 02/22/14 9:52 AM (permalink)
                                                      We never judge here in what's for Breakfast....

Good luck & please report back with your impressions.

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2234
                                                        • Location: Kennewick, WA
                                                        Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Sat, 02/22/14 12:30 PM (permalink)
                                                        I thought when I was making this Omelet, one of L2B's sticky buns would hit the spot. L2B, they look wonderful..........I made a Spanish omelet with mushrooms, peppers, onions, Spanish Chorizo, cilantro, cheddar and mozzarella cheese. I settled for San Francisco rustic sour dough toast.  A great way to start the day.................

easydoesit

• Total Posts: 470
                                                          • Location: La Crosse, WI
                                                          Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Sat, 02/22/14 1:24 PM (permalink)
                                                          Boy that omelet looks great, and the bread does too -- glistening with butter....

Just a question -- wouldn't the mozzarella, being so mild, kind of get lost in all those strong flavors?

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3705
                                                            • Location: McKinney, TX
                                                            Re:What's for BREAKFAST...??? Sat, 02/22/14 1:32 PM (permalink)
                                                            CCinNJ

We never judge here in what's for Breakfast....

Good luck & please report back with your impressions.

The WalMart "Extra Fluffy" mix was really good for home-made. 

Next time we'll add a little Half & Half and a hint of vanilla extract to replace some water.  (Mrs. Metro is trying to duplicate the Original Pancake House's recipe at home and the WalMart mix is an excellent base for further experimentation).

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..21222324 > | Showing page 21 of 24, messages 601 to 630 of 720

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com