Whats for dinner tonight!!!!

Author
Hode
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 153
2006/03/05 12:10:32 (permalink)

Whats for dinner tonight!!!!

Tonight is the night! When pressed by my brother for what I wanted for Christmas I replied with , How about a Buffalo Steak. I have had ground Buffalo and enjoyed it but never had a steak. So off he went and researched on the computer and found several sites that sold Buffalo steaks. Then he checked with our hometown Wegmans and found that from time to time they carry Buffalo steaks. So tonight is the night for feasting on Buffalo! I will report back with a review of Dinner.

3 Replies Related Threads

Hode
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 153
    RE: Whats for dinner tonight!!!! 2006/03/06 11:45:46 (permalink)
    Wow we had a great meal. The buffalo tenderloins were very tasty and tender. Highly recommend trying. We were able to get fresh cuts that had not been frozen. No gamey taste or smells . Will gladly have again. Next time we are going to try Elk.
    PaulBPool
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 278
    RE: Whats for dinner tonight!!!! 2006/03/06 12:01:10 (permalink)
    Hode, hope you enjoyed the meal - buffalo does have a nice flavor to it. However...I've had it three times in my life, and all three times I had severe stomach issues the day after. And the first time, my ex also had problems. Wonder if there's some portion of the buffalo that my system isn't handling well? I'd be curious to see if you face similar problems!
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18866
    RE: Whats for dinner tonight!!!! 2006/03/06 12:58:45 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Hode

Wow we had a great meal. The buffalo tenderloins were very tasty and tender. Highly recommend trying. We were able to get fresh cuts that had not been frozen. No gamey taste or smells . Will gladly have again. Next time we are going to try Elk.

Why should there have been any gamey taste or smell. You were eating meat from a farm-raised bison. When you try elk you'll be eating venison from a farm-raised animal, too. Actually, if there's ever a gamey taste or smell from wild bison or elk someone screwed up royally in the field.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1