The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog?

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 47 of 47
phatphil

• Total Posts: 668
Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Sat, 10/29/11 6:28 PM (permalink)
i take em fully loaded but squeeze the sport peppers over the dawg and put them aside, and if there not true fresh not gassed tomatoes i scrap them

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3091
    Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Sat, 10/29/11 7:37 PM (permalink)
    Hmm, a Portillo natural casing dog adorned with tomato, celery salt, onions, relish, sport peppers, pickle, mustard and what's that? My goodness, that looks like ketchup!

stricken_detective

• Total Posts: 2330
      Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Sun, 10/30/11 4:46 PM (permalink)
      ^^you know you put that dog barf on there yourself. :p

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17837
        Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Sun, 10/30/11 5:51 PM (permalink)
        Golly saps, I never lived in the Bahamas, and I've eaten a so-called Chicago-style hot dog. As to the barf, nope, never have tried any, but as I said several years ago, I'd rather that.

Have a wonderful day.

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4076
          Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Sun, 10/30/11 10:51 PM (permalink)
          Holy crap, Hoffman!  You have the incredible ability to incite the fury of the Roadfood population more than four years after your initial post.

What's it like to have that kind of power?  Please promise me you'll use it responsibly.

Buddy

Michael Hoffman

Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Sun, 10/30/11 10:54 PM (permalink)
            I know. I'm amazing. And I assure you that I do use my power for the good of mankind.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9565
              Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Sun, 10/30/11 11:31 PM (permalink)
              MilwFoodlovers

Hmm, a Portillo natural casing dog adorned with tomato, celery salt, onions, relish, sport peppers, pickle, mustard and what's that? My goodness, that looks like ketchup!

I researched their menu and there's NO KETCHUP on their Chicago Dog:
              HOT DOG..............................................................2.35
              With everything includes: mustard, relish, freshly chopped onions, sliced red ripe tomatoes, kosher pickle and sport peppers piled onto a perfectly steamed poppy seed bun.

quijote

• Total Posts: 643
                Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Sun, 10/30/11 11:42 PM (permalink)
                Foodbme

MilwFoodlovers

With everything includes: mustard, relish, freshly chopped onions, sliced red ripe tomatoes, kosher pickle and sport peppers piled onto a perfectly steamed poppy seed bun.

But there is indeed catsup on that dog, so maybe MFL took advantage of catsup dispensers in the restaurant (located near the dog barf dispensers for those who are so inclined).

stricken_detective

Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Mon, 10/31/11 12:15 AM (permalink)
                  Foodbme

MilwFoodlovers

I know. That's why I posted what I did. I'm not psychic, but I know MFL enjoys dog barf & happily adds it to his dogs.

stricken_detective

Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Mon, 10/31/11 12:24 AM (permalink)
                    Michael Hoffman

I know. I'm amazing. And I assure you that I do use my power for the good of mankind.
                    In the spirit of Halloween, are you a good witch or a bad witch?

quijote

Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Mon, 10/31/11 12:30 AM (permalink)
                      stricken_detective

Foodbme

MilwFoodlovers

I know. That's why I posted what I did. I'm not psychic, but I know MFL enjoys dog barf & happily adds it to his dogs.

I thought he might have just added it for the photo-op, to get a rise out of folks here on RF. But he would voluntarily eat a Chicago Dog with catsup? Given American catsup's national ties with Pittsburgh, that would make the creation a Chipitts Dog. I like a Chicago Dog once in a while, but an even better treat is a chargrilled dog with spicy mustard, caramelized onions, and tart kraut. And perhaps a few drops of pepper sauce, hot green chile, or sriracha.
                      <message edited by quijote on Mon, 10/31/11 12:34 AM>

Michael Hoffman

Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Mon, 10/31/11 7:47 AM (permalink)
                        stricken_detective

Michael Hoffman

In the spirit of Halloween, are you a good witch or a bad witch?

While I always enjoyed the work of Billie Burke, and believe she made an excellent Good Witch in that film, I am a warlock, not a witch. A good warlock, sure, but a warlock nonetheless.

stricken_detective

Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Tue, 11/1/11 2:08 AM (permalink)
                          Only bad warlocks are ugly.

Did you know she was married to Ziegfield of 'Ziegfield Follies' fame??

stricken_detective

Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Tue, 11/1/11 2:09 AM (permalink)
                            quijote

stricken_detective

Foodbme

MilwFoodlovers

I thought he might have just added it for the photo-op, to get a rise out of folks here on RF. But he would voluntarily eat a Chicago Dog with catsup? Given American catsup's national ties with Pittsburgh, that would make the creation a Chipitts Dog. I like a Chicago Dog once in a while, but an even better treat is a chargrilled dog with spicy mustard, caramelized onions, and tart kraut. And perhaps a few drops of pepper sauce, hot green chile, or sriracha.
                            I'm not much for dogs all the time, but when I do have one it's either Chicago-style with everything, OR mustard, onion & kraut. Is that just a Milwaukee thing? Because your dog sounds divine except the hot sauce.

Michael Hoffman

Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Tue, 11/1/11 7:15 AM (permalink)
                              stricken_detective

Only bad warlocks are ugly.

Did you know she was married to Ziegfield of 'Ziegfield Follies' fame??

I did, indeed, know she was married to Flo Ziegfield.

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3091
                                Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Tue, 11/1/11 12:00 PM (permalink)
                                I'd like to clear something up. That's not my hot dog. I Googled Chicago dog and that popped up. I noticed the ketchup right away and knowing how Roadfooders like to reach out to one another, I thought I'd post it. Ketchup lovers, mustard lovers, salad on a dog people and all others can all just

quijote

Re:What's the Best Topping on a Chicago Dog? Tue, 11/1/11 1:15 PM (permalink)
                                  MilwFoodlovers

I'd like to clear something up. That's not my hot dog. I Googled Chicago dog and that popped up. I noticed the ketchup right away and knowing how Roadfooders like to reach out to one another, I thought I'd post it. Ketchup lovers, mustard lovers, salad on a dog people and all others can all just

Backpeddler. You love catsup on dogs, and you know it.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                    Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 47 of 47

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                    • No New Messages
                                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                                    • Read Message
                                    • Post New Thread
                                    • Reply to message
                                    • Post New Poll
                                    • Submit Vote
                                    • Post reward post
                                    • Delete my own posts
                                    • Delete my own threads
                                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com