The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 34
John In Seattle

• Total Posts: 55
What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Mon, 02/26/07 5:12 PM (permalink)
What is your favorite cracker? Either plain or with toppings?

There are so many brands out there, but I am still partial to Ritz and even plain white saltine crackers. I like to top them topped with various cheeses - especially jalapeño jack cheese. Peanut butter is a great topping, too. One of my favorites is a Ritz plain, or topped with smoked herring or salmon.

I also like Carrs crackers and ak-mok.

frogger67

• Total Posts: 156
    RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Mon, 02/26/07 5:29 PM (permalink)
    I like Town House a little more than Ritz.
    Favorite topping: Extra sharp cheddar!

LeeMargo

• Total Posts: 71
      RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Mon, 02/26/07 5:33 PM (permalink)
      saltines made into "Skor" bars... topped w/ a homemade caramel type sauce and melted choc. and then left to harden... YUMMO!

cream cheese, pbutter, jelly, butter, any DiBruno's cheese, crackers w/ lunch meat, crackers dipped in soup, dipped in chili... I love crackers and just about anything you can think of to put on top!

Scarlett

• Total Posts: 402
        RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Mon, 02/26/07 6:26 PM (permalink)
        Ritz with cream cheese and hot-pepper jelly
        Saltines - sharp cheddar cheese or jelly of any kind
        And all of the above sounds great

hotdogger

• Total Posts: 88
          RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Mon, 02/26/07 6:42 PM (permalink)
          My favorite is a Ritz with cream cheese and an olive. YUMMY YUM YUM! GOOOOOOOD CRACKER!

Phildelmar

• Total Posts: 788
            RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Mon, 02/26/07 9:03 PM (permalink)
            Stoned Wheat Thins with a really sharp cheddar or cheshire or caerphilly

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6200
              RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Mon, 02/26/07 10:50 PM (permalink)
              Wasa Crisp with Saint Albray or Maroilles.

Big_g

RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Mon, 02/26/07 10:59 PM (permalink)
                Wheat thins...by themselves or with a spread of port wine cheeseball accross it.

jvsmom

• Total Posts: 462
                  RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Mon, 02/26/07 11:06 PM (permalink)
                  I love Triscuits. Plain, Roasted Garlic, or Rosemary and Olive Oil. Also, the new honey Wheat Thins.
                  I really like Town House Bistro Cornbread crackers, but they tend to be expensive so I don't get them often.

As for toppings, sometimes just a smear of butter will do. Other than that, if I'm eating crackers, I prefer them by themselves. With one exception. I thought this was very strange, until I tried it, and it's actually really good. Graham crackers with peanut butter. Addictive.

Phildelmar

• Total Posts: 788
                    RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Mon, 02/26/07 11:10 PM (permalink)
                    Like the salt of Stoned Wheat, combined with that of the cheese, with scotch or pale ale

phlmaestro

RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Tue, 02/27/07 12:21 AM (permalink)
                      Keebler Buttercrisp Toasteds with either PB&J or smoked goudda cheese.

Jimeats

• Total Posts: 3175
                        RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Tue, 02/27/07 7:06 AM (permalink)
                        The only time I eat crackers is with chowda, clam or fish. My cracker of choice is Pilot but when not available oyster. Chow Jim

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                          RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Tue, 02/27/07 8:21 AM (permalink)
                          Garlic toasts made out of day old french bread from the bakery.I believe Mussos makes them commercially.

susanll

• Total Posts: 1077
                            RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Tue, 02/27/07 8:50 AM (permalink)
                            Garlic Old London melba rounds with extra sharp cheese.

Rick F.

• Total Posts: 1736
                              RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Tue, 02/27/07 9:55 AM (permalink)
                              Bremner Wafers, plain, with St. André. Saltines in cold milk (don't gag until you try it!). Some kind of plainish or whole-grain (but not too heavy) with Stilton or Cashel Blue and port. Just about any kind with sharp Cheddar, white Cheshire, Royal Windsor Red, Sage Derby, or Sage Derby.

Maybe my favorite American cheeses come from Grafton Village Farms. I'm partial to the one-, two-, and five-year-old, and can't wait to try their Stone House Cheddar, which they describe as "not for the meek."

Guilty pleasure for which I don't apologize: Melba rounds with old Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Longhorn, or Colby.

LuckyLabrador

• Total Posts: 583
                                RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Tue, 02/27/07 11:38 AM (permalink)
                                Chicken in a Biskit, with a hunk of salami.

skylar0ne

• Total Posts: 473
                                  RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Tue, 02/27/07 3:14 PM (permalink)
                                  Onion and chive cream cheese on Ritz.
                                  Sharp cheese on saltines.
                                  Smoked salmon spread with almost any kind of cracker.

Rusty246

• Total Posts: 2413
                                    RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Tue, 02/27/07 3:22 PM (permalink)
                                    Carr's water crackers with port wine, Premium saltines with medium cheddar,Captain's wafers with Cheez Whiz or Maries' Bleu Cheese dressing.

Doatsie82

• Total Posts: 205
                                      RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Tue, 02/27/07 3:38 PM (permalink)
                                      Saltines with butter
                                      Triscuits with port wine cheese spread
                                      Keebler Club with sharp chedder
                                      Wheat Thins plain or dipped in garlicky spread

Oh Boy! Now I want crackers and cheese!

Doatsie

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17795
                                        RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Tue, 02/27/07 4:47 PM (permalink)
                                        My current favorite cracker is the Ritz roasted vegetable cracker.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                                          • Roadfood Insider
                                          RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Tue, 02/27/07 6:06 PM (permalink)
                                          triscut olive oil and cracked black pepper
                                          with
                                          Velveeta

Jennifer_4

• Total Posts: 1508
                                            RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Tue, 02/27/07 6:25 PM (permalink)
                                            saltines with ketchup and kippers, or butter, or mayo and salami.
                                            triscuits alone
                                            ritz with cream cheese and pepper jelly or cream cheese and seafood
                                            wheat thins with ranch/dill dip.

KBminihorse

• Total Posts: 27
                                              RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Tue, 02/27/07 6:38 PM (permalink)
                                              Saltines with a paper thin slice of onion uummmmmmm!

porkchopexpress

• Total Posts: 798
                                                RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Tue, 02/27/07 8:27 PM (permalink)
                                                townhouse crackers with bologna and cheddar cheese

Pwingsx

• Total Posts: 2170
                                                  • Location: Somewhere in time...and Colorado
                                                  RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Tue, 02/27/07 11:45 PM (permalink)
                                                  Big-g stole mine -- I also love wheat thins with port wine cheese.

Growing up I loved saltines with peanut butter and whipped cream.

tacchino

• Total Posts: 560
                                                    • Location: New York City, NY
                                                    RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Wed, 02/28/07 12:35 AM (permalink)
                                                    wheat thins with garlic/herb boursin cheese spread, and any cracker with a bowl of chopped liver...all will be demolished in a matter of minutes if I am anywhere near them!

AndreaB

• Total Posts: 1303
                                                      • Location: Versailles, KY
                                                      RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Wed, 02/28/07 2:31 AM (permalink)
                                                      Nabisco Vegetable Thins with Gouda, Swiss, brie or sharp cheddar cheese.
                                                      Or, any kind of dark rye cracker with any of the above cheeses.

Andrea

fabulousoyster

• Total Posts: 1855
                                                        • Location: new york, NY
                                                        RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Wed, 02/28/07 9:01 AM (permalink)
                                                        Ritz (classic)with Boursin (garlic and herbs)
                                                        Ritz with tuna salad made with mayo and onions.
                                                        Ritz with chopped liver.

soozycue520

• Total Posts: 1026
                                                          • Location: Cincinnati, OH
                                                          RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Wed, 02/28/07 4:19 PM (permalink)
                                                          My favorite cracker is Wheat Thins.

Alot of my favorite toppings have already been mentioned. But my mom {and now many family members} always make a cheese ball with cream cheese, worchestershire sauce, lemon juice, green onions and Buddig{?} Beef {that small pkg. of thinly sliced processed meat}. YUM!!

I also like pita chips with hummus and tabouli.

jparis

• Total Posts: 10
                                                            • Location: Wake Forest, NC
                                                            RE: What's your Favorite Cracker? Favorite Topping? Thu, 03/1/07 9:13 AM (permalink)
                                                            1. Town House with summer sausage
                                                            2. Ritz with smoked salmon spread
                                                            3. Chicken Biscuit Cracker with E-Z Cheese

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 34

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com