When in Seattle, WA...........

Author
shell
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 24
2004/06/09 15:57:46 (permalink)

When in Seattle, WA...........

For seafood, you've got to try Ivar's! They have two restaurants but all are good (Ivar's Acres of Clams on the waterfront, Ivar's Smokehouse on Lake Washington) They even have a "fast food" chain of Ivar's Fish and chips all around the area, definately a fast food joint to stop at! The original Owner has long died (in the 80's I think) but he was quite a character and local people didn't really know how to take him. For year's he put on a Fouth of July Firework's show which they still do today. Check out their web site for the restaurant and Ivar's history in Seattle. He was a good man who cared about his community in his day...and knew how to advertise to boot! ;) http://www.ivars.net/

And if it's fish and chips you like, try Spud's Fish and Chips in West Seattle. They've been around since the 30's. Us locales love it! One place right by Alki Beach. Buy your chips and walk across to the beach or down to the lighthouse! Fun day for lunch!

4 Replies Related Threads

Cakes
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 562
    RE: When in Seattle, WA........... 2004/06/10 10:49:09 (permalink)
    We were just in Seattle, about 3 weeks ago, and had a wonderful dinner at Oceanaire Seafood Room. One of the people with us had halibut cheeks and loved it, my wife had Dungenous crab salad and I had the Dungenous crab. It was even better than stone crab claws.

I wouldn't call it road food as it was not inexpensive but it was worth every penny.

Cakes
    Mobay
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: When in Seattle, WA........... 2004/06/10 11:21:44 (permalink)
    Any Dick's Drive-In locations for some of the most luscious, dense burgers and fresh, hand-cut fries on the planet.

http://www.ddir.com

If you can, take the 25-min. ferry ride over to Bainbridge Island and visit the Harbour Pub. Fantastic burgers, sandwiches, and Pacific NW renditions of classic pub grub.

http://www.harbourpub.com/Pub/index.html

Copper Top
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: When in Seattle, WA........... 2004/08/26 12:15:24 (permalink)
    Ivar's is the best! Last time I had it was back in '99. Miss it terribly.
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7890
    RE: When in Seattle, WA........... 2004/08/26 18:09:05 (permalink)
    I truly miss Spud Fish n Chips. I also miss Kidd Valley. Loved their burgers n shakes. I used to love the teriyaki joints and Thai restaurants too. However I don't miss the god awful Pizza and Italian food!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1