When you don't want to pay for a lobster roll

Author
tmiles
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2019
2005/09/29 13:34:32 (permalink)

When you don't want to pay for a lobster roll

Lobster is up again, but I have had some very good seafood rolls recently in the 5.95 range. Today I had a Maine crab roll at Scales in Millbury, Mass. It was worth every penny. It was just crab with a little mayo on a grilled split top bun. A week or so ago I had the seafood roll at Ronnies on Rt 20 in Auburn Mass. Ronnies uses Maine crab, pan seared scallops and shrimp. Neither one adds that fake lobster product made from pollack.

3 Replies Related Threads

tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: When you don't want to pay for a lobster roll 2005/09/29 15:00:28 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tmiles

' A week or so ago I had the seafood roll at Ronnies on Rt 20 in Auburn Mass. Ronnies uses Maine crab, pan seared scallops and shrimp.

now THAT sounds tasty!---i assume also in a split top bun---but was it with mayo ir butter---and anything else inn it--like celery or whatever That combo with butter sounds good to me!!!
    tmiles
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2019
    RE: When you don't want to pay for a lobster roll 2005/09/29 15:08:39 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tiki

quote:

' A week or so ago I had the seafood roll at Ronnies on Rt 20 in Auburn Mass. Ronnies uses Maine crab, pan seared scallops and shrimp.

now THAT sounds tasty!---i assume also in a split top bun---but was it with mayo ir butter---and anything else inn it--like celery or whatever That combo with butter sounds good to me!!!
    Ronnie's used a very common side cut roll and didn't grill it. Here in Mass, the hot buttered product often seen in Maine is not common. The Ronnie's filling is all seafood with the ingredients listed on the menu board. They use "no fillers", but I did detect, I think, a little mayo. It is served as a special only. They did not have it last weekend, when I was last there, so I had to settle for a whole belly clam roll. I doubt that I'll get any sympathy from this group on that.
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: When you don't want to pay for a lobster roll 2005/09/29 16:05:19 (permalink)
    quote:

Originally posted by tiki

' They did not have it last weekend, when I was last there, so I had to settle for a whole belly clam roll. I doubt that I'll get any sympathy from this group on that.

Nope--no sympathy from ME!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1