The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte??

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 51 of 51
Benzee

• Total Posts: 1872
RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Thu, 01/31/08 6:18 PM (permalink)
Hello all ,

Chiliman has a top notch set up . Actually saw him set everything up one day . Couldn't stay for the dogs , were planning to come back through but with a two yesr old it did not work that way .

Took a few photos , if I ever figure how to post them I will add them to the thread

Benzee

Chiliman

• Total Posts: 197
    RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Fri, 02/1/08 8:59 AM (permalink)
    Hey Benz!!!!!

Hope all is well. I'm right there with you concerning having a toddler. Amazing how fast plans can change with them buggers runnin around. Thankfully my littlest is most of the way through potty training and interupts the flow of our lives a lot less often. Let me know when you get down again for the race and we can try again.

Benzee

RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Fri, 02/1/08 10:27 AM (permalink)
      Hey Chiliman !!

Thanks buddy , I could tell just by the location , atmosphere and your personality that this is a great set up for you . Will let you know when our next trip is .

Actually we are gonna have a Skybus Airline coming to Stewart in Newburgh Airport next month .
      10 seats on every flight are $10 , kid you not .
      They fly into Raleigh I think
      What about this ?
      700 am from NY to Raleigh
      Rental car onto Charlotte
      stop for some Lexington Barbecue along the way
      Meet Chiliman for his dogs and a few other stops.
      head back to Raleigh
      8pm flight back to Newburgh
      Home and under the covers by 11pm latest.
      Just a thought .

Benzee

Hillbilly

• Total Posts: 992
        RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Fri, 02/1/08 1:25 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by Benzee

Actually we are gonna have a Skybus Airline coming to Stewart in Newburgh Airport next month .
        10 seats on every flight are $10 , kid you not .
        They fly into Raleigh I think
        What about this ?
        700 am from NY to Raleigh
        Rental car onto Charlotte
        stop for some Lexington Barbecue along the way
        Meet Chiliman for his dogs and a few other stops.
        head back to Raleigh
        8pm flight back to Newburgh
        Home and under the covers by 11pm latest.
        Just a thought .

Benzee

Your rental car drive will be a lot shorter than you thought. Skybus actually flies out of the Greensboro airport, about 75 miles closer to your destination. Just make sure it isn't Sunday, because Lexington # 1 is closed Sundays.

MiamiDon

RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Fri, 02/1/08 1:49 PM (permalink)
          I think you need to find a busier corner.

Chiliman

RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Fri, 02/1/08 3:54 PM (permalink)
            Ahhhhh, the fresh faces newbie picking up his cart in sunny Florida. Who could have guessed I would be as popular a destination only three or four short years later.

Hey Don, Where the heck did you get that photo? I will someday figure out how to post pictures, but the dishes and laundry pile up and demand attention first.

Benz, my sis is coming down in Feb on Airbus for $35 each way (I guess those $10 seats fill up quick). If you did that trip, you would be the furthest travelling one day food excursion on the board, I imagine! You travel all that way for a one day BBQ and Dog trip and I'll shoot you a 5% discount!!!!

Benzee

RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Sat, 02/2/08 11:22 AM (permalink)
              Hey Chiliman ,

Yea those $10 seats fill up fast , and thats right Hillbilly it flys into Greensboro not Raleigh .
              Thanks for the heads up that Lexington is closed on Sunday/
              We would definetly do a day when Chiliman is operating !!
              I'm sure we can get Coney Island Lou to come up with a few sheckles for the airfare .
              Anyone else interested shout me an email .

Gotta go now for that 5% discount !!!!!!1

Benzee

dougmarranci

• Total Posts: 11
                RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Fri, 04/18/08 6:41 AM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by dougmarranci

Hi Gang,

I just wanted to say hello to everyone! I have closed City Hot Dogs and have started a restaurant brokerage in Atlanta GA. This was too good of an opportunity for me to pass up. I will be working with people who want to buy or sell a restaurant in the metro Atlanta area. Thanks for all of the great information and assistance all of you have given to me over time Especially Ken with Woody's. Best of Luck to everyone. If you come to Atlanta, give me a shout!

Thanks

Doug Marranci
                Atlanta Restaurant Exchange
                1708 Peachtree Street NW
                Suite 110
                Atlanta Georgia 30309
                404-892-4999

kensandyeggo

• Total Posts: 567
                  RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Sat, 04/19/08 9:33 PM (permalink)
                  Was sorry to find out City Hot Dogs is closed. Doug had a very nice looking store. I don't remember if he was open a full year before he shut it down. That was our magic date. As soon as we hit a year, our average daily gross doubled. We tripled it last Friday. So if you have a cart or a store, be patient and have enough cash to carry you for awhile.

Chiliman

RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Mon, 04/21/08 2:54 PM (permalink)
                    Congrats to Ken for the possitive sales trend! I also got a beating last Friday (What the hell?!) I was twenty deep at one point! Go Charlotte hot doggers!!!

I never made it to City dogs, but the word was pretty good. Sounds like he's got other irons, though and isn't just bailing>

Keep up the good work Ken!

kensandyeggo

• Total Posts: 567
                      RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Mon, 04/21/08 5:31 PM (permalink)
                      Thanks, C-Man. See you at the vendor's meeting on Wednesday?

Benzee

RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Sun, 09/28/08 8:51 PM (permalink)
                        Hey Chiliman!!!!!!

We will be down in Charlotte again in two weeks . It looks like Wed is the best day for us to visit you
                        Where will you be and will need directions from Concord .
                        And do not worry , will not get there too early , but noew that I have had my surgery looks like the wife and boy will have to do the eating for me

Benzee

Chiliman

RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Fri, 10/3/08 3:33 PM (permalink)
                          Hey Benz, shot you back on the other thread as well, but you can get to uptown on 77 and take the 5th street exit. Take the right when it forks and find you a parking lot as you approach uptown. I'm at 4th and Tryon. I imagine yo can ask most cops or other street vendors, I'm fairly well known.

You had better eat a dog, surgery or otherwise Mister. I've been waiting for this for 2 years!

See you soon,
                          V

Benzee

RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Fri, 10/3/08 6:53 PM (permalink)
                            Hey Chiliman !!!

Wed it is buddy . I think we will find a lot to park and spend some time in the city that day. I will try a dog but the bread or roll is out of the question . Will not go down . Unless you want to give your customers a free show and barf all over them .That would be hilarrious Hahahhha

See you next week , can't wait

Benzee

John Fox

• Total Posts: 2313
                              RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Fri, 10/3/08 7:32 PM (permalink)
                              I'll be in Charlotte for a wedding in mid November. Will you be there?

Chiliman

RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Sat, 10/4/08 3:12 PM (permalink)
                                You bet your bippy, Foxy! Just had another perfect inspection (never lost a point!), so I guess I'll continue on this schedule. Let me know where you'll be staying and I might be closer on one of the days.

Looking forward to seeing you again Benz, but I will forego the barfing. I always have some extra stuff (chicken salad, soups, etc) so you might find something else worth trying.(PS My soups are really good, I just made my newest, Taco soup, this morning, and it is a triumph!)

Benzee

RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Sat, 10/4/08 4:01 PM (permalink)
                                  Chiliman ,

Just kidding with the barfing . Soups will work also .
                                  First me and then John Fox , Wow!!! Will Charlotte ever be the same after we get through with it

Benzee

John Fox

RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Tue, 11/4/08 7:42 PM (permalink)
                                    I will be in Charlotte for a wedding this coming weekend. Arriving Thursday, leaving Sunday. Looking to check out any hot dog establishments that will be close to where I'm staying. I will be at the Staybridge Suites at Ballantine on John J. Delaney Drive. We won't have a car, so I'm looking for something close by. Thanks for any help.

John Fox

RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Thu, 11/6/08 5:47 PM (permalink)
                                      I'm currently in Charlotte, but without a car. We have quite an itinerary the next couple of days, so unfortunately I won't be able to get to some local places. We will be travelling with relatives who have a car. There is a Backyard Burgers (local chain I think) behind our hotel that we hit up for lunch. They have a chili dog on the menu, and they also serve a slaw dog if you request. I had one with chili and one with chili and slaw. The chili was average. Thick, beanless, and sort of Mexican style. The coleslaw was thinly chopped, creamy, and sweet. I liked it. The dog was all beef, skinless, about 10 to a lb and grilled. I asked the manager the brand and he didn't know. It's sent in unmarked boxes. He said it was an angus beef dog. Hard to really taste it with somewhat spicy chili and slaw. It was decent as were the dogs overall. Not bad for a fast food hamburger joint. But not a standout.

I'll have to grab a quick dog with just mustard to better evaluate the dog itself. Under the chili (and slaw), it seemed to have more flavor than what I was expecting from a dog here in North Carolina. Friends from work told me that pork dogs with red coloring are popular here.

David_NYC

• Total Posts: 2162
                                        RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Fri, 11/7/08 3:53 PM (permalink)
                                        John, back in 2006 Greymo wrote here that Back Yard Burgers had 175 restaurants. Mississippi and Tennessee have large numbers of them. I have been to the ones in Pensacola, FL and Lafayette, LA but stuck to the burgers. With the company being founded in Mississippi and now headquartered in Nashville, the usual suspects come to mind when thinking about who supplies their hot dogs. (There has to be a plant number on the boxes; the dumpsters are on the southwest corner of the lot.) The corporate web site is currently under renovation, but some franchisees have put up their own sites and do state the franks are made of Angus Beef. The closest ones to NJ are in State College, PA.

John Fox

RE: Where are all the hot dog stands in Charlotte?? Sat, 11/8/08 8:22 AM (permalink)
                                          Thanks, David NYC. I got a chance to have a dog yesterday with just mustard. Skinless, as I said, but it was charbroiled. Pretty good flavor; similar in spicing to a Dietz and Watson/Black Bear beef frank. This is not your typical North Carolina dog which is usually all pork or pork/beef and milder. Good dog; especially for a fast food joint. Would have been much better with casing.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                            Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 51 of 51

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                            • No New Messages
                                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                                            • Read Message
                                            • Post New Thread
                                            • Reply to message
                                            • Post New Poll
                                            • Submit Vote
                                            • Post reward post
                                            • Delete my own posts
                                            • Delete my own threads
                                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com