The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Where between Bowling green and Memphis?

CountryRoseUK

• Total Posts: 4
Where between Bowling green and Memphis? Sun, 04/17/11 5:18 AM (permalink)
Hello everyone

my first post over here on roadfood. But I have been reading all your excellent information, Iso wish I knew of roadfood when we visited Orlando a couple of years ago!
We are travelling on our road-trip Asheville - Gatlinburg- Nashville- Cave City/Bowling Green- Memphis

I have most of our trip-eats planned out with the excellent advice gleaned from here and cannot wait to get there to start eating!! However, we have a little gap. where would you stop for refreshments between Bowling green and Gracelands? I guess we would need a stop around late morning or midday? Googlemaps is making it about a 4.5 hour drive. Is this realistic?

Is there anywhere great worth stopping for? can bear a little detour but we will need to make the miles as we are booking the gracelands tour about 3pm.

Looking forward to hearing any suggestions you might have!

Thank you from CountryRoseUK

Littleman

• Total Posts: 590
    Re:Where between Bowling green and Memphis? Sun, 04/17/11 8:22 PM (permalink)
    Here's a neat place 30 miles E of Knoxville with good seafood for lunch. If you don't eat you can rest and get a cold drink. Get off I 40 at Exit 417 and go S on Hwy. 92 a couple of miles to Dandridge, TN. This runs into Meeting St. Go 5/6 blocks to Dandridge Seafood Restaurant.

Dandridge Seafood Restaurant @ 310 East Meeting St., Dandridge, TN 865 - 397 - 2315.
    I would rather go to Smoky's Steak and BBQ which is one street over on E. Main and before the Dandridge Seafood Restaurant. They have good burgers, salads, etc. Smoky's is a very nice restaurant in an attractive location with outdoor dining on the front porch. Check this link for their menu.
    Smoky's Steak and BBQ @ 149 East Main St., Dandridge, TN 865 - 397 - 2272.
    http://www.smokyssteakandbbq.com/
    Litton's is a good family restaurant in Knoxville, TN but it's not convenient to I 40. If you took the I 640 by pass around Knoxville, TN on the N side it's pretty convenient. Get off I 640 at Exit 6 and go N on N Broadway SE to Litton's for good country family food.
    Litton's Market and Restaurant @ 2803 Essary Dr., Knoxville, TN 865 - 688 - 0429.
    http://www.littonburgers.com/
    Get off I 75 at Exit 373 on the S side and hit the first street left on Parkside and go about a mile to Smokey Mountrain Brewery for pizza, burgers and steaks. Get back on I 75 and head N on I 75/I 40 past Knoxville.
    Smokey Mountain Brewery @ 11308 Parkside Dr., Knoxville, TN 865 - 288 - 5500.
    http://www.coppercellar.net/smbSite.shtml
    The folks that own Smokey Mountain own Copper Cellar just N of SM at Exit 380 S of I 75 on Parkside also convenient to plenty of shopping and just a minute off I 75. Both places are similar.
    Copper Cellar Restaurant @ 7316 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 865 - 673 - 3422.
    http://www.coppercellar.net/copperSite.shtml
    Get off I 40 at Exit 287 in Cookeville, TN and go N on S Jefferson to Maddux Station at E Spring Street for good road food. Go to Brass Lantern in Crossville for good road food. Dickey's has good BBQ and Halcyon is a fun dining choice.
    Brass Lantern Restaurant and Lounge @ 79 Chestnut Hill Rd., Crossville, TN 931 - 484 - 7657.
    …officelive.com/default.aspx
    Dickey's BBQ Pit @ 965 Northside Dr., Crossville, TN 931 - 484 - 4900.
    Halcyon Days Restaurant @ 2444 Genesis Rd., Crossville, TN 931 - 456 - 3663.
    Get off I 40 at Exit 258 at Gordonsville, TN and go N on Gordonsville Highway to Timberloft for good BBQ and road food for lunch or dinner.
    Timberloft Restaurant @ 470 Gordonsville Highway, Gordonsville, TN 615 - 683 - 5070.
    http://www.timberloftrestaurant.com/
    Get off I 40 at Exit 238 in Lebanon, TN and go N on S Cumberland to Sunset Restaurant for good country food.
    Sunset Restaurant @ 640 South Cumberland St., Lebanon, TN 615 - 444 - 9530.
    Get off I 40 at Exit
    Arnold's Country Kitchen @ 605 8th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 615 - 256 - 4455.
    http://www.hollyeats.com/ArnoldsCountryKitchen.htm

Good country food is at Exit 204 on I 40. Get off and go right on Robertson Ave. then take your first left on Charlotte Ave. go past the shopping center on your left and take a left on 53rd Ave. N and Wendell Smith's is on your left open for breakfast, lunch and dinner serving good soul and country food. There's a Best Western, Days Inn, Comfort and Baymont back at Robertson where you get back on I 40 if you want to stay there. If you stay in this area you can go back to Wendell Smith's for breakfast.
    Wendell Smith's @ 407 53rd Ave. North, Nashville, TN 615 - 383 - 7114.
    <message edited by Littleman on Mon, 04/18/11 7:18 PM>

CountryRoseUK

• Total Posts: 4
      Re:Where between Bowling green and Memphis? Mon, 04/18/11 3:28 PM (permalink)
      Hi there,

Thank you for your suggestions! I have Arnold's down as a definite!

I think Knoxville may be a stop off as we leave from Gatlinburg, so thanks for those.

I wondered if there was anything a little more casual as a brunch, or BBQ around that stretch of i-40 between Nashville and Jackson? If not I guess we could head to Jackson and see the Casey Jones museum and eat there? I think I read the food was good? Does anyone know?

I just felt it would be a little far from Bowling green to Jackson without a break? I guess its around 3.5 hours?

So if you had any suggestions for around this area Id love to hear them ?

thanks again

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com