Where do you get the good hot dog sticker/decals?

Author
domromer
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 77
2011/09/29 19:47:59 (permalink)

Where do you get the good hot dog sticker/decals?

I just finished my and cart and due to the insane health codes of South Carolina I've covered the entire work surface with a sneeze guard. Most other vendors around me make a very large box of lexan..I'm not a big fan of these as they crack after a few years. I make my boxes out of stainless and then add lexan windows that are easy to replace. Well to cut to the chase I've made the newest sneeze guard large enough for me to work in without having to bend over constantly to get to my makings. These leaves me with a hot dog cart that is over 6ft tall and a veritable sea of stainless steel...I've dubbed it the death star..It's just looks cool. I'm thinking i should take advantage of all that free space and turn my cart into a veritable billboard. The NYC carts seems to have the right idea. They are covered in graphics. I'd like to do the same but I'm having a hard time finding good graphics online. I've found some on amazon and some on ebay but none are very similar to what the NYC carts have. I was hoping maybe someone here could point me in the right direction. I've posted a pic as an example. 

12 Replies Related Threads

bellehill
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 136
    Re:Where do you get the good hot dog sticker/decals? 2011/09/29 21:11:35 (permalink)
    check on ebay .  good luck.......
    domromer
    Hamburger
    Re:Where do you get the good hot dog sticker/decals? 2011/09/29 21:19:18 (permalink)
    I did check ebay..not much that I liked. 
    lornaschinske
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1610
    Re:Where do you get the good hot dog sticker/decals? 2011/09/29 22:27:05 (permalink)
    You can get custom made. Your pics and they will make "stickers" out of them. Most anyplace that does the fancier advertising graphics (pictures) should be able to handle it. Sure won't be cheap.
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Where do you get the good hot dog sticker/decals? 2011/09/29 22:28:36 (permalink)
    How about a local screen printer who could make custom decals for you?
    http://www.griffinscreenprinting.com/
    http://www.bryantsigns.com/

domromer
    Hamburger
    Re:Where do you get the good hot dog sticker/decals? 2011/09/29 22:32:08 (permalink)
    I'm not looking for custom stuff. Just trying to find where these vendors are getting these images. 
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10332
    Re:Where do you get the good hot dog sticker/decals? 2011/09/30 03:15:15 (permalink)
    agmccall
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 239
    Re:Where do you get the good hot dog sticker/decals? 2011/09/30 07:27:24 (permalink)
    domromer

I'm not looking for custom stuff. Just trying to find where these vendors are getting these images. 

The probably had them custom made from their own pics

al
    billyp
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 87
    Re:Where do you get the good hot dog sticker/decals? 2011/09/30 08:37:58 (permalink)
    Dom, have you tried contacting the suppliers of the products you sell? Here in NYC for example, Sabrett hot dogs will give you signage and umbrellas. Most suppliers are happy to get the free advertising of their products. If it's not a specific product but something more generic, a sign co. could make vinyl decals of whatever you want. It wouldn't be free, but if you shop around or order on the internet, it might not be too expensive.
    domromer
    Hamburger
    Re:Where do you get the good hot dog sticker/decals? 2011/09/30 09:08:34 (permalink)
    billyp

Dom, have you tried contacting the suppliers of the products you sell? Here in NYC for example, Sabrett hot dogs will give you signage and umbrellas. Most suppliers are happy to get the free advertising of their products. If it's not a specific product but something more generic, a sign co. could make vinyl decals of whatever you want. It wouldn't be free, but if you shop around or order on the internet, it might not be too expensive.

I ended up not going the supplier route. They were all at least 2x to 3x as expensive as what I can get good dogs from (I use Nathans all beef) costco. All they had to offer was delivery service and signage. The signage I could use but the delivery service isn't an issue for me. Most of my signage I was able to get off amazon, but that is more of banners. I've used a local sign company to make my logo graphics and a good old inkjet for my menus. I just thought that if all the NY carts are running similar signs they must be getting them from somewhere. I bet you are right though. It seems most of the carts in NY are from Sabretts and from what I've heard they have a could support network for vendors. I'll keep plugging away..bewtween amazon, ebay, and some of the above links I should be able to covert my cart in hot dog graphics. 
    zumguteetz
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 171
    Re:Where do you get the good hot dog sticker/decals? 2011/09/30 10:35:39 (permalink)
    I get all my Vienna Beef supplies at Restaurant Depot yet Vienna Beef was happy to supply me with merchandizing materials.
    Delta
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 234
    Re:Where do you get the good hot dog sticker/decals? 2011/09/30 22:49:48 (permalink)
    Hot Dog Empire
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 177
    Re:Where do you get the good hot dog sticker/decals? 2011/10/12 20:08:21 (permalink)
    How about using some of that "real estate" to generate some revenue? Local car dealerships, stores, auto repair shops, lawn equipment sales places etc. Maybe even have "specials" that are subsidized by the store being advertised.

Billboards are everywhere....soda cans, food items, buses, cars, stickers slapped on stop signs at intersections, t shirts, billboards, mass mailings in your postal mailbox etc. Maybe connect with a gas station to offer .25off/gal up to 15 gallons, when they purchase a "super - huge meal deal" or "Lunch for 2 meal". You will get the revenue from the sale and the gas station takes the hit for the discount. PLUS, you spank them for a 12" X 18" space on your cart for $250/month. Now is the time to use this on winter services people. i.e snow plowing, snow tires, home heating fuels, roof clearing services.....its endless.

Surprisingly, even soliciting donations for a good cause like your local law enforcement, when selling a "911 Burger" or "buy a First Responder meal and donate $5 to your local police department and their training fund". You still get your full profit on the meal, the lovcal cause gets the donation and you get to write off any expenses related to that, as a deduction. I.e - advertising space etc. Who's to say (other than you) what the cost's incurred were on that promotion. Sometimes it's not about making it on the front end, it's about not having to pay it all back out on the back end (to the state/gov't)

In todays society with ever increasing competition for revenue and acquiring market share, we need to be more creative then ever.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1