The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Where to Eat: Fort Myers Beach, FL

LJM

• Total Posts: 48
Where to Eat: Fort Myers Beach, FL Mon, 06/15/09 10:54 AM (permalink)
I'll be in Fort Myers Beach, FL all next week for a wedding and some R&R.  Any recomendations on where to eat in the area?

buffetbuster

Re:Where to Eat: Fort Myers Beach, FL Mon, 06/15/09 11:55 AM (permalink)
    Can't help you with Fort Myers Beach, but I spent a weekend between Sanibel & Fort Myers earlier this year.  I will come back later and add a link to my trip report, which may be of use.

LJM

• Total Posts: 48
      Re:Where to Eat: Fort Myers Beach, FL Mon, 06/15/09 1:40 PM (permalink)
      buffetbuster

Can't help you with Fort Myers Beach, but I spent a weekend between Sanibel & Fort Myers earlier this year.  I will come back later and add a link to my trip report, which may be of use.

Sanibel & Fort Myers

Sanibel & Fort Myers are within a short drive from the beach.  We will probably be spending some time in both those places.  I'll be looking forward to reading your trip report.  Thanks.  

QFan

• Total Posts: 641
        Re:Where to Eat: Fort Myers Beach, FL Tue, 06/16/09 7:38 AM (permalink)
        The Matanzas Inn (right under the big bridge to the mainland) is a delightful little seafood place where you can eat outside (if you dare during the summer in FL) and watch the boats come and go right up to the restaurant.  Very relaxed atmosphere, great grouper and a wonderful conch chowder!  Here is the link if you want to check it out first:  www.matanzasrestaurant.com/
        Also the Hooter's right on the main drag has a good burger and terrific wings. 

QFan
        Bonita Springs, FL

buffetbuster

Re:Where to Eat: Fort Myers Beach, FL Tue, 06/16/09 8:01 AM (permalink)
          Here is the trip report previously mentioned:

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Weekend-in-Fort-MyersSanibel-m494498.aspx

Big Kahuna Kooks

• Total Posts: 490
            Re:Where to Eat: Fort Myers Beach, FL Tue, 06/16/09 8:30 AM (permalink)
            The Matanzas Inn; We were looking for something on the water that had a crunchy grouper sandwich...a staple on south florida menus and where we could order a couple of bloody marys. This restaurant adjacent to the bridge pier was the perfect local to watch a storm pass by while watching the bay. We ordered spicy bloody marys and were rewarded with two nicely done. They were garnished with olives, limes and a kosher pickle spear. Its always a good sign of a place when someone goes out of the way to garnish a drink with something special or unusual. I have never had a pickle in my bloody and it was a pleasnt surprise. We came for lunch and while sipping our drinks we ordered Bay Bread. It was baked french baguette with a spread of onions, crab, cream cheese, cheddar, blue cheese and artichoke hearts. Sprinkled with a little diced tomato. That was killer...one of the best starters I've had in ages. We then ordered Fish fingers and clam strips. I changed my mind about the crunchy grouper sandwich although it sure sounded tempting with a coating of corn flakes. The fingers were soso and the clams pretty good. I admit I should have stuck with the grouper sandwich, but was afraid the bun would be too much bread after the appetizer....oh well. There's always our next visit. Even our six year old watched the dolphins as they played out in the bay. If you go, ask to be seated in the back room. It has a better view of the bay and is very quiet.   bkk

mwnorris

• Total Posts: 1
              Re:Where to Eat: Fort Myers Beach, FL Tue, 06/16/09 9:51 AM (permalink)
              Every time I'm in the Ft Myers/Naples/Bonita area I always take a trip for lunch to Randy's Fish Market.  It is a cute local seafood place, completely reasonably priced, and has the additional benefit of great Key Lime Pie.  They also operate as a fishmonger if you have a kitchen where you will be staying.  It is easy to get to as it is right on Tamiami Trail.  http://randysfishmarketrestaurant.com

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com