Where to eat Wytheville, Virginia

Author
euclid
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 191
2012/12/18 16:44:10 (permalink)

Where to eat Wytheville, Virginia

Wytheville, Virginia. Have checked existing threads, all 2010 or earlier. Only mention for restaurant was Skeeters. Per chance, does any one have current info and can one suggest other restaurants? Will be there next week Thanks
Euclid

4 Replies Related Threads

Pancho
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 915
    Re:Where to eat Wytheville, Virginia 2012/12/18 17:04:19 (permalink)
    euclid

Wytheville, Virginia. Have checked existing threads, all 2010 or earlier. Only mention for restaurant was Skeeters. Per chance, does any one have current info and can one suggest other restaurants? Will be there next week Thanks
    Euclid
    Check out the Log House. I'm a native Virginian, but haven't been there in years. Was great back then! Not really roadfood, but very good.

Davwud
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 521
    Re:Where to eat Wytheville, Virginia 2012/12/18 17:43:50 (permalink)
    Pancho

euclid

Euclid
    Check out the Log House. I'm a native Virginian, but haven't been there in years. Was great back then! Not really roadfood, but very good.

We ate at the Log House years ago. I remember it being very nice and I had some dish (Can't recall the name) that dated back to the Civil War. I remember I enjoyed it very much.

I'm a big fan of Skeeters. I've been several times although not much the last couple years. Not that anything would have changed. I don't think anything has changed since McKinley was in office.
    Here is a blog post I did about it.
    http://davwudsfoodcourt.b...skeeters-hot-dogs.html

I understand there is a fantastic pizza place in town but can not confirm. Wytheville is just about 2 main streets connected by a dozen or so side streets. There's probably more gas stations than traffic controls.

DT
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7751
    Re:Where to eat Wytheville, Virginia 2012/12/18 17:51:23 (permalink)
    Pancho

euclid

Euclid

I checked their facebook page with photos and reviews. It looks like "old school" (pre-website) Roadfood to me.
    euclid
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 191
    Re:Where to eat Wytheville, Virginia 2012/12/19 15:49:10 (permalink)
       Thanks folks. Urbanspoon has some reviews and boy are they conflicting. We'll just have to wing it which is of course OK. Will not leave Wytheville without stopping at Skeeters. I did stop in Wytheville several years ago and ate at Smokey's BBQ. Not bad.
       Will be there at dinner time so the Log House probably gets the nod.
       Still would appreciate any constructive input and I certainly will report from Wytheville. Thanks again.

Euclid
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1