Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Where to eat in Ocean City, Maryland

Mags81

• Total Posts: 82
  • Roadfood Insider
Where to eat in Ocean City, Maryland Mon, 09/1/03 10:13 PM (permalink)
Will be in Ocean City, Maryland in a couple weeks, I have been there before but have never found any place worth going back to. Looking for any interesting spots for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Any suggestions??

seafarer john

RE: Where to eat in Ocean City, Maryland Tue, 09/2/03 11:38 AM (permalink)
    Harrison's on the inlet. Their raw bar is excellent, and if you are a big eater you can try to get your name up on the sign along with all the others who have eaten the whole menu at one sitting. I especially recommend the oyster roast.

Shrimp and beer at Hurricane Hatties is always fun.

And the Captain's Table in West Ocean city has a pretty good crab cake.

And breakfast at the General's Kitchen (SOS if you like it) or at Phillip's Hotel on the Boardwalk ( Eggs Benedict) is also very good.

We like The Skillet on the Beach for a strawberry omelette for breakfast of lunch.

RubyRose

• Total Posts: 2187
      RE: Where to eat in Ocean City, Maryland Tue, 09/2/03 12:07 PM (permalink)
      I dream about the linguini with lump crabmeat in a red sauce from Lombardi's restaurant in the 94th St. shopping center. The only problem is that they only serve it until sometime in September so call first to see if they have it.

A tiny place called Anthony's at 16th and Philadelphia has excellent carved to order roast beef and ham sandwiches on hard rolls.

The Dumser's ice cream is great but I don't like their food.

meowzart

• Total Posts: 773
        RE: Where to eat in Ocean City, Maryland Tue, 09/2/03 1:38 PM (permalink)
        Where's ocdreamr when you need her? She would know...

ocdreamr

• Total Posts: 1109
          RE: Where to eat in Ocean City, Maryland Tue, 09/2/03 1:50 PM (permalink)
          Here I am,

I have to second Harrison's & Captains Galley, & go to Harpoon Hanna's for the muffins if nothing else! If you go to Harrison's for dinner go at sunset & sit upstairs, you won't care what you eat, the view is wonderful!! Also recommend Crab Alley over in West Ocean City for casual but good down to earth food. Harris crab house is also to be recommended, it sits on Rt 50 just before you cross the bridge. They just reopened this year after rebuilding from the fire. If you need a place to grab a bite in the wee hours try Layton's Family Restaurant at 1601 Philadelphia open 6Am - 2AM, they are know for their donuts! I recommend the chicken from English's but not much else, get it as carry out & have with Thrasher's fries. La Hacienda at 80th & Coastal has prety decent Mexican considering the location!

i95

• Total Posts: 2500
            RE: Where to eat in Ocean City, Maryland Tue, 09/2/03 2:41 PM (permalink)
            Agree re. Dumser's Ice Cream (about three locations in O.C.) but would add a trip up one block north of O.C. and to Delaware's famed Fenwick Island Crab House (see: http://www.beach-net.com/ficrabhouse/). Enjoy the beach, hon, and tell Cal I said hi!

mek

• Total Posts: 123
              RE: Where to eat in Ocean City, Maryland Tue, 09/2/03 3:43 PM (permalink)
              For ribs and a sportsbar- go to Nick's.

mek

• Total Posts: 123
                RE: Where to eat in Ocean City, Maryland Tue, 09/2/03 3:45 PM (permalink)
                The best ribs, chicken, homemade pies, cornbread,etc. can be found at Eming's. It is in Butler,Md on Rt 13 (113?), not far from Ocean City. Eming's is a true Roadfood establishment.

chezkatie

• Total Posts: 1329
                  RE: Where to eat in Ocean City, Maryland Tue, 09/2/03 4:13 PM (permalink)
                  We have tried so many restaurants in Ocean City for dinner the past three years and our two fave places are (and modest prices compared to some that we would never return to) are Harrisons on the Wharf.....really great and friendly service, wonderful fresh seafood, and a view that is so nice. The other place that we really love is a little Italian restaurant nearly across the street from Harrison. The name escapes me right now but the food is far better than in some of the highly reccommended Italian restaurants in town! I just found it!! It is called Adolfo's......they have great off season specials and you can find them on their website.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com