The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Where to eat in Tampa, Florida?

tborrus

• Total Posts: 2
Where to eat in Tampa, Florida? Tue, 03/14/06 12:04 PM (permalink)
We're going to be in Tampa for a few days in early April. Can anyone recommend breakfast and lunch places that serve interesting and good food? Something Cuban or Southern-to-the-bone or typical of the area?

Niagara

• Total Posts: 983
    RE: Where to eat in Tampa, Florida? Tue, 03/14/06 12:12 PM (permalink)
    I would highly recommend the Columbia in Ybor City for Cuban food. I ate there twice last summer, and it was excellent.

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
      RE: Where to eat in Tampa, Florida? Tue, 03/14/06 1:53 PM (permalink)
      Welcome to the forums. There have been many postings about Tampa restaurants. To find them use the search function on the toolbar at the top of the page.

Some of the best Cuban can be found at LA TERASITA on W Columbus Drive, just east of Dale Mabry near Raymond James stadium. Hands down the best breakfast in the Tampa Bay area can be found at LENNY'S, across the bay in Clearwater. Just north of 60 (the Courtney Campbell Causeway)on west side of Route 19.

Bluemaxx

• Total Posts: 465
        RE: Where to eat in Tampa, Florida? Wed, 03/15/06 10:07 PM (permalink)
        I would head a little out of town to Plant City and hit up The Branch Ranch (www.BranchRanch.com). This place is still my favorite place to eat in Florida and comeing from a 4th generation native, that is say a bit.

I would also go to Bern's Steak House in Tampa. Definitely the best steaks on the west coast of FL (IMHO)

Hillbilly

• Total Posts: 992
          RE: Where to eat in Tampa, Florida? Sat, 03/18/06 11:11 AM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by signman

Welcome to the forums. There have been many postings about Tampa restaurants. To find them use the search function on the toolbar at the top of the page.

Some of the best Cuban can be found at LA TERASITA on W Columbus Drive, just east of Dale Mabry near Raymond James stadium. Hands down the best breakfast in the Tampa Bay area can be found at LENNY'S, across the bay in Clearwater. Just north of 60 (the Courtney Campbell Causeway)on west side of Route 19.

Here is another vote for LA TERASITA. And it is very resonably priced, too. I am also a big fan of a relativey new restaurant, "Grillsmith". They have a location in Tampa and one in Clearwater.

RibDog

• Total Posts: 593
            RE: Where to eat in Tampa, Florida? Sat, 03/18/06 11:51 AM (permalink)
            In Tampa, I would also recommend Hugo's on S. Howard Ave. for cuban. Jimbo's BBQ on W. Kennedy for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Stop by Mr. Empanada's on W. Kennedy for great empanada's. I don't remember them having any seating, just a bakery of style.

John

QFan

• Total Posts: 641
              RE: Where to eat in Tampa, Florida? Sat, 03/18/06 8:09 PM (permalink)
              tborrus, here is a copy of a previous post of mine on Tampa. Hope you find it useful:

Try Big John's Alabama Bar-B-Que in Tampa. It's an authentic smoke pit right in the heart of the east end of Tampa. Just around the corner from the intersection of Business 41 & E Hillsborough Avenue. Their chopped pork sandwich is above average and the ribs are sensational. Sides are acceptable, but just okay. It's a little hard to find but worth the search. I'm pretty sure you can map it on City Search web site.

QFan
              Bonita Springs, FL

Oneiron339

• Total Posts: 2075
                RE: Where to eat in Tampa, Florida? Sun, 03/19/06 7:25 AM (permalink)
                For Cuban sandwiches and good bakeries to boot, try Alessi's on W. Cypress and La Segunda on 15th. We always stop at on of these places and get a Cuban and some bread on our way to Sarasota.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com