Where to eat in the Waynesville, NC area

Author
Katrina
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2003/09/23 16:03:32 (permalink)

Where to eat in the Waynesville, NC area

Planning a long weekend in October in the Waynesville, NC area. Any recommendations on good places to eat? Especially somewhere with fabulous desserts!

6 Replies Related Threads

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13481
    RE: Where to eat in the Waynesville, NC area 2003/09/23 16:13:45 (permalink)
    Go west of Waynesville on I-40 about 40 miles and get off at exit 407 at the Pigeon Forge, Sevierville and Gatlinburg exit. Follow the highway on into Pigeon forge and when you see the huge beautiful Five Oaks Mall, across the street is a wonderful place call the apple Barn. It is a huge facility with two restaurants, several beautiful gift shops, winery, candy factory, bakery, cider mill. superfood and the scenery is outstanding with the huge orchard that surrounds it and the Pigeon River bubbling by.

[url]www.applebarncidermill.com[/url]

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Katrina
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: Where to eat in the Waynesville, NC area 2003/09/23 16:31:18 (permalink)
    Thanks, Paul, I love the Apple Barn, too. Love breakfast there almost more than dinner. (I am from NE TN). But I really wanted to avoid the drive, traffic and congestion of Pigeon Forge area that weekend in October, thus the stay in the Waynesville area. Would like to eat within a short distance of Waynesville -- no further than Sylva or Dillsboro. Definately going to be a lazy-I'm-not-running-the-roads-everywhere weekend.
    Hillbilly
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 992
    RE: Where to eat in the Waynesville, NC area 2003/09/23 18:18:58 (permalink)
    Don't miss the "Jarrett House" in Dillsboro (www.jarretthouse.com) for fabulous country ham and great NC mountain cooking.
    emsmom
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 955
    RE: Where to eat in the Waynesville, NC area 2004/03/23 11:33:56 (permalink)
    My daughter went to college at Western Carolina which is Cullowhee just a close distance from Waynesvill. Dillsboro is the place to eat.
    The Jarrett House is good. There is also a Barbecut place in Dillsboro that is really good called the Dillsboro Smokehouse.
    sauceman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 184
    RE: Where to eat in the Waynesville, NC area 2004/03/23 12:32:38 (permalink)
    This may not technically qualify as "road food," but I highly recommend the Lomo Grill in downtown Waynesville. The co-owner is Argentinian, and he cooks grain-fed, Australian filets over apple wood, served with his homemade chimichurri sauce. Since Argentina has such a large Italian population, you'll find a heavy influence of Italian dishes there, too. This restaurant is gorgeous and uses many locally grown products.

Fred Sauceman
    Johnson City, Tennessee
    Gypsy Bob
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 51
    RE: Where to eat in the Waynesville, NC area 2004/03/24 15:49:57 (permalink)
    In Waynesville, on the south end of town, Main Street, is Clyde's Family Restaurant, a real local hangout. They have a varied menu, and also a good meat & three selection. Good home cooking when you aren't at home!

Over in Lake Junaluska, not too far away, ner the Methodist Assembly on US 19 is Granny's Chicken Palace. It's served
    "family style", and while there's more than chicken on the menu be sure to get a taste of it! Oh...and you might have to wait a while, but it's worth it.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1