The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Where to get Exhaust Hood w/ Fire Suppression for Concession Trailer

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 34 of 34
Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
  • Roadfood Insider
Re:Where to get Exhaust Hood w/ Fire Suppression for Concession Trailer Sun, 08/28/11 1:11 PM (permalink)
nom nom nom

What if I were to buy a grill/griddle w/ gas and set it up OUTSIDE of the trailer? Do I still have to have a hood installed or could I at least get started that way?

I'll be doing my cooking in a kitchen. Basically, I'll just need to re-heat. I'm going convention oven which allows me to skip the fire suppression for now but YIKES...that install price is disheartening. I'll get there...but still...(sigh)

Maybe........Depends on your health department rules. And possibly where your vending. We have a rule here in Illinois that requires screened windows but at events here in Springfield your allowed to cook under a tent or use a grill with a lid. Although at the last event I did.......just yesterday they said anyone using a tent needed to have a fan blowing across the front to protect the food from flies. But that doesn't protect the rest of the tent and you don't have to have sidewalls. That is goofy but then I don't run the HD. LOL

Jack

mofood

• Total Posts: 117
    Re:Where to get Exhaust Hood w/ Fire Suppression for Concession Trailer Mon, 03/19/12 4:37 PM (permalink)
    Revisiting an old thread.
    How many people have full welded seams throughout their hood ventilation system?
    My duct to hood joint is gonna be a B**** to weld if I have to. Hoping to get away with jb welded joint. This may also help add a little flexibility to the joint.
    Still waiting on a call back from the fire Marshall. But kind of scared to ask the question

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1951
      Re:Where to get Exhaust Hood w/ Fire Suppression for Concession Trailer Mon, 03/19/12 4:49 PM (permalink)
      Fully welded

Vic Cardenas

• Total Posts: 177
        Re:Where to get Exhaust Hood w/ Fire Suppression for Concession Trailer Mon, 03/19/12 11:20 PM (permalink)
        mofood

Still waiting on a call back from the fire Marshall. But kind of scared to ask the question 

This is kind of my stance with that guy, I don't want to bait him and set myself up to be adding more stuff if I don't have to.
        And no, I don't have welded seams on anything back there.
        <message edited by Vic Cardenas on Mon, 03/19/12 11:21 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
          Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 34 of 34

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com