Where to get Exhaust Hood w/ Fire Suppression for Concession Trailer

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3716
Re:Where to get Exhaust Hood w/ Fire Suppression for Concession Trailer 2011/08/28 13:11:25 (permalink)
nom nom nom

What if I were to buy a grill/griddle w/ gas and set it up OUTSIDE of the trailer? Do I still have to have a hood installed or could I at least get started that way?

I'll be doing my cooking in a kitchen. Basically, I'll just need to re-heat. I'm going convention oven which allows me to skip the fire suppression for now but YIKES...that install price is disheartening. I'll get there...but still...(sigh)

Maybe........Depends on your health department rules. And possibly where your vending. We have a rule here in Illinois that requires screened windows but at events here in Springfield your allowed to cook under a tent or use a grill with a lid. Although at the last event I did.......just yesterday they said anyone using a tent needed to have a fan blowing across the front to protect the food from flies. But that doesn't protect the rest of the tent and you don't have to have sidewalls. That is goofy but then I don't run the HD. LOL

Jack
mofood
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 117
Re:Where to get Exhaust Hood w/ Fire Suppression for Concession Trailer 2012/03/19 16:37:18 (permalink)
Revisiting an old thread.
How many people have full welded seams throughout their hood ventilation system?
My duct to hood joint is gonna be a B**** to weld if I have to. Hoping to get away with jb welded joint. This may also help add a little flexibility to the joint.
Still waiting on a call back from the fire Marshall. But kind of scared to ask the question
chefbuba
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1996
Re:Where to get Exhaust Hood w/ Fire Suppression for Concession Trailer 2012/03/19 16:49:03 (permalink)
Fully welded
Vic Cardenas
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 177
Re:Where to get Exhaust Hood w/ Fire Suppression for Concession Trailer 2012/03/19 23:20:25 (permalink)
mofood
 Still waiting on a call back from the fire Marshall. But kind of scared to ask the question 

This is kind of my stance with that guy, I don't want to bait him and set myself up to be adding more stuff if I don't have to.
And no, I don't have welded seams on anything back there.
post edited by Vic Cardenas - 2012/03/19 23:21:38
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1