Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)?

Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 61 to 120 of 244
cavandre
  • Total Posts : 1597
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sat, 04/28/12 1:55 PM
MetroplexJim

At least this year it will be impossible for Jones to "top" little Danny Snyder for foolishness.

Danny tops himself...drafts Cousins just to make sure there's a real good QB controversy at camp.

MetroplexJim
  • Total Posts : 3705
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sat, 04/28/12 3:57 PM
cavandre

MetroplexJim

At least this year it will be impossible for Jones to "top" little Danny Snyder for foolishness.

Danny tops himself...drafts Cousins just to make sure there's a real good QB controversy at camp.

As Danny loves Danny more than anything or anyone else, I'm sure he'd like to "top himself" if he could.

Foodbme
  • Total Posts : 9566
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sun, 04/29/12 6:47 AM
fattybomatty

Today I realize how much I miss the NFL draft starting on Saturdays. I am exhausted and probably won't be awake for the Giants pick. I also miss having draft day bbq's where I would get together with friends, cook up some good food, drink beer, and laugh at the Jets fans getting mad at their draft picks. 

Wanna Party???
Move to AZ and join the Cardinals Fan Club!
Meet THOUSANDS of your friends at "The Big Red Rib And Music Festival!
3 days of partying during The NFL Draft on the "Great Lawn" outside Univ of Phx/Cardinals Stadium
This year Kenny Loggins, KC & The Sunshine Band and Beatlemania played!

http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/music/articles/2012/04/24/20120424big-red-rib-music-festival-glendale-university-phoenix-stadium.html

<message edited by Foodbme on Mon, 04/30/12 3:59 AM>

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Mon, 04/30/12 3:57 AM
The NFL Marketing Dept. are Geniuses!
They had EVERY Teams jerseys, caps and all the other stuff Re-designed so people will want to go out and buy the latest gear!
Millions more in sales.
Gotta admit, I like the new ball caps a lot!
AZ Cardinals already have the Michael Floyd Jersey on sale on their web site! Only $120.00!!
<message edited by Foodbme on Mon, 04/30/12 4:13 AM>

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Mon, 04/30/12 4:29 AM
The Detroit Lions got the best player of the Unrestricted Free Agents -Kellen Moore, from the land of the Smurfs!

Scorereader
  • Total Posts : 5546
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Mon, 04/30/12 1:01 PM
If Luck and RG3 are impact players, then I think the Redskins are in a better spot than Indy. On record alone, just a couple more wins puts the Redskins in the playoffs. The Colts, however were about nine wins from the playoffs. It would be a miracle for them to turn it around that much in one year, even if Luck is the next Marino/Brees/Brady/Favre/Manning all wrapped into one.

Meanwhile, RG3 just needs to not suck, and Washington should be a better team than last year. If he excells in the least, they're poised to win NFC East and possibly a home playoff game.

DC would breathe a collective sigh of relief with just a playoff appearance. A home game or a win in the playoffs, and that would start morning long gatherings of men around the water coolers. not much work would get done.

saps
  • Total Posts : 1551
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Mon, 04/30/12 2:32 PM
Foodbme

The Detroit Lions got the best player of the Unrestricted Free Agents -Kellen Moore, from the land of the Smurfs!

I don't know about that.  He's definitely the biggest name out of the UFA's, but don't know about being the best.  He's definitely accurate, but put up most of his numbers against poor competition.  Definitely worth signing for a look.  I wish a team without an established QB would have signed him so he might have a better opportunity.

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sun, 05/27/12 4:45 AM
Somehow, all the CR*P that's going on with the NFL, the NFLPA, The Lawsuits, The Health issues, the Suicides, Bountygate, etc etc etc, has just caused me to lose my Zeal for the Game. Right now, I could care less about the upcoming season. 
How about you?

MetroplexJim
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sun, 05/27/12 11:40 AM
As the Steelers had a good draft shoring up their ragged OL, I'm looking forward to the 2012-13 season.  As Tomlin & the Rooneys run a tight ship the 'scandals' don't bother me.  And, having lived my adult life in D.C. and Dallas, the soap operas & foibles of the "local teams" continues to amuse.  Both Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones sinply can't help but make fools of themselves.

MetroplexJim
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sun, 05/27/12 11:44 AM
Now that the Vikings have their new stadium deal which franchise is the best candidate for L.A.? 

I know the 'economics' of the two sports are different but the fact that the Dodgers sold for $2B must have some small market owners thinking!

MilwFoodlovers
  • Total Posts : 3091
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sun, 05/27/12 1:05 PM
Gee willikers but Michael Vick proved to be an unpopular choice for Findlay Toyota in Nevada. They brought him in in the hopes he could sell some cars and the whole deal backfired for them.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/michael-vick-philadelphia-eagles-appearance-for-charity-event-sparks-backlash-052612
Many dog lovers took issue with the dealership using Vick for "just trying to do something right for the kids".

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sun, 05/27/12 7:49 PM
MilwFoodlovers

Gee willikers but Michael Vick proved to be an unpopular choice for Findlay Toyota in Nevada. They brought him in in the hopes he could sell some cars and the whole deal backfired for them.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/michael-vick-philadelphia-eagles-appearance-for-charity-event-sparks-backlash-052612
Many dog lovers took issue with the dealership using Vick for "just trying to do something right for the kids".

PETA will "Dog" him for the rest of his life!

MetroplexJim
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Mon, 05/28/12 12:42 PM
MilwFoodlovers

This sentiment isn't going to be "popular", but I have to observe that dogs are property.  Yes, what Vick did with his dogs revulses me.  But no as no humans were harmed in the course of his "business" he did not merit the time "society" made him spend in jail.

That said, the NFL and the Falcons - as they are in the popular entertainment business - were perfectly within their rights to abrogate his contract.  And, those that protested his appearance at the Toyota dealership were also perfectly within their rights.  Risking societal approbration can carry a hefty price when you are in the entertainment business; just ask "Peewee Herman"!

BTW:  I'll bet that Plaxico Burress wishes that he was in Dallas when he shot himself with his own gun!  Instead of jail time he'd have gotten free drinks and offers of handgun safety training! 
<message edited by MetroplexJim on Tue, 05/29/12 7:42 AM>

MetroplexJim
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Thu, 07/19/12 10:14 AM
Sadly, the Cowboys' physically gifted WR, Dez Bryant, continues to add to his rap sheet.  This time he allegedly assaulted his own mother and faces a prison term.  Yikes!

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/804907&usatref=sportsmod?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CSports%7Cp

This kid is actually starting to make me feel sorry for Jerry Jones.

cavandre
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Tue, 07/24/12 4:53 PM
Big news....Chad Johnson is Chad Johnson again!

cavandre
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Tue, 07/24/12 4:54 PM
MetroplexJim

This kid is actually starting to make me feel sorry for Jerry Jones.

Impossible for me as most of his wounds are self-inflicted.

MetroplexJim
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Wed, 07/25/12 4:49 PM
Surprise, surprise ...  Dez Bryant's mother decided not to press charges.  I guess she realized that he who batters her head also butters her bread!

mayor al
  • Total Posts : 15064
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Fri, 07/27/12 9:05 PM
I am finally able to utter the words....  "I am looking forward to watching Denver's opening game"...with Payton Manning at the controls. (sob),,,I fear I will never see the Colts return to their former glory.
  I have enjoyed cheering the Packers with my Wisconsin family members, so maybe it is time for a change in citizenship from Hoosier to Badger !

ann peeples
  • Total Posts : 8317
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sat, 07/28/12 8:31 AM
Come on over, Al!! I share your setintiment about watching Denver and Payton.

Michael Hoffman
  • Total Posts : 17837
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sat, 07/28/12 10:51 AM
The one thing that disturbs me about my son-in-law is the fact that he's been a Green Bay Packers fan all his life.

Sundancer7
  • Total Posts : 13388
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sat, 07/28/12 11:12 AM
It appears that a Knoxville native and current resident who resides across the lake from me has the potential to take ownership of the Cleveland Browns?  he bought a minority interest in the Steelers a few years ago a few months before they won the Super Bowl.  If he acquires the Browns, he will have to divest ownership of the Steelers.  A side note is that even though he had only owned the minority stake in the Steelers, he and his family still got the rings.  His brother who is the past mayor o f fKnoxville is now the governor of the State of TN.  I hve no dog in this fight but for Cleveland fans, I would think that this would be a positive.  Haslam is an extreme sports fan.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/07/27/browns-owner.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a11&eref=sihp

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sat, 07/28/12 4:09 PM
Michael Hoffman

The one thing that disturbs me about my son-in-law is the fact that he's been a Green Bay Packers fan all his life.

As an Ohio resident, it's too bad you don't have a legitimate team to root for!!

Michael Hoffman
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sat, 07/28/12 4:24 PM
Foodbme

Michael Hoffman

As an Ohio resident, it's too bad you don't have a legitimate team to root for!!

I've always had a legitimate team to root for -- the New York Giants. Perhaps you've heard of that team. Of course, Im really a sort of new Giants fan, having been rooting for them just since I was 4 years old.

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sat, 07/28/12 5:09 PM
Michael Hoffman

Foodbme

Michael Hoffman

I've always had a legitimate team to root for -- the New York Giants. Perhaps you've heard of that team. Of course, Im really a sort of new Giants fan, having been rooting for them just since I was 4 years old.

I'm with you when the Giants play the Cowboys!

cavandre
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Tue, 08/14/12 8:53 AM
Miami 86's Johnson...I couldn't resist!

ScreamingChicken
  • Total Posts : 4729
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Tue, 08/14/12 9:21 AM
cavandre

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say they "ochoseised" him?

cavandre
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Tue, 08/14/12 10:27 AM
ScreamingChicken

cavandre

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to say they "ochoseised" him?

Yeah, but I couldn't spell it!

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Tue, 08/14/12 4:44 PM
What's the big deal?? Football players are always headbutting each other.
Oh, I forgot. They usually have helmets on!

ScreamingChicken
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Wed, 08/15/12 9:25 AM
Ironically, it was a discovered receipt for some "headgear" that triggered the whole incident...

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Wed, 08/15/12 2:16 PM
ScreamingChicken

Ironically, it was a discovered receipt for some "headgear" that triggered the whole incident...

Now THAT's funny right there!!
Your wit is only exceeded by your intellegence and good looks!

cavandre
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sat, 08/25/12 10:34 AM
Still waiting for the Jets O to score a TD....2 QBs=0 Offense!

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sat, 08/25/12 7:28 PM
Does anyone know where the Cardinals can get a decent QB and a Left Tackle for a reasonable price? No one here is playing like they want the QB job and we have ZERO depth at LT.

MetroplexJim
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sat, 08/25/12 8:45 PM
This isn't exactly "NFL", but it is high school football in Texas:  $60,000,000.00 for a &^$$&-in high school football field in the Collin County town right next door to me, Allen, TX.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/football-news/headlines/20120824-photos-where-eagles-dare-....-allen-unveils-massive-60-million-stadium.ece

BTW:  the UT-Austin coach, Mac Brown, is the highest-paid "public servant" in the Republic of Texas:  $5 MM/year + "extras".

As a native of Pittsburgh, a town which has produced a few decent HS players that went on to "bigger things":  Unitas, Lujack, Namath, Blanda, Kelly, Montana, Marino (just to name a few from just one position that come readily to mind), I really have to laugh at my adopted home state of Texas.

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sun, 08/26/12 4:15 AM
MetroplexJim

This isn't exactly "NFL", but it is high school football in Texas:  $60,000,000.00 for a &^$$&-in high school football field in the Collin County town right next door to me, Allen, TX.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/football-news/headlines/20120824-photos-where-eagles-dare-....-allen-unveils-massive-60-million-stadium.ece
BTW:  the UT-Austin coach, Mac Brown, is the highest-paid "public servant" in the Republic of Texas:  $5 MM/year + "extras".
As a native of Pittsburgh, a town which has produced a few decent HS players that went on to "bigger things":  Unitas, Lujack, Namath, Blanda, Kelly, Montana, Marino (just to name a few from just one position that come readily to mind), I really have to laugh at my adopted home state of Texas.

Haven't you learned by now??? Everything's big in TX! Including, but not limited to, Egos & Football!

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sun, 08/26/12 4:23 AM
Saw a picture of the coach holding up a copy of the playbook.
What???????
No money left for iPad playbooks?????????

MetroplexJim
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sun, 08/26/12 8:15 AM
Foodbme

What???????

Where I teach economics here in Texas every faculty member is issued a Mac Air and every student is issued a MacBook.  The entire campus is a wiFi "hot zone".  (Thank you, taxpayers!!!)

I guess Allen's coach is just "old school" on the field, but his office is no doubt a Digital Disneyland.

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sun, 08/26/12 5:36 PM
MetroplexJim

Foodbme

What???????

Where I teach economics here in Texas every faculty member is issued a Mac Air and every student is issued a MacBook.  The entire campus is a wiFi "hot zone".  (Thank you, taxpayers!!!)
I guess Allen's coach is just "old school" on the field, but his office is no doubt a Digital Disneyland.

Yeh, he probably doesn't know how to turn one on!

ScreamingChicken
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Wed, 08/29/12 8:21 AM
Given the current situation with the regular game officials, I found this story to be pretty interesting.

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Thu, 08/30/12 12:15 AM
ScreamingChicken

Given the current situation with the regular game officials, I found this story to be pretty interesting.

Great story! I've always liked the way he calls a game. I didn't realize he was here in AZ. If I ever need a lawyer, he's my guy! Since he's temporarily unemployed and wants to work, maybe he can play QB for the Cardinals!

mayor al
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Thu, 08/30/12 1:56 AM
I guess I just haven't caught the spirit of the season yet. Watching Peyton Manning in those Orange jerseys, playing ten minutes then sitting down just doesn't make me want to cheer for Denver this year.  The Colts do have some potential, but I feel the lack of Team-personality when I watch them on the field.  And I have yet to find a Green Bay game, so I can't even identify with the folks in Wisconsin (two of my kids are transplanted Hoosiers).
   So far this looks like a "5 on a 10 scale" season coming.

Even the upcoming U of Louisville vs Kentucky football opener is sounding duller and duller as ISAAC brings some needed rain to town the day of the game.

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Thu, 08/30/12 2:04 AM
mayor al

I guess I just hjaven't caught the spirit of the season yet. Watching Peyton in those Orange jerseys, playing ten minutes then sitting down just doesn't make me want to cheer for Denver this year.  The Colts do have some potential, but I feel the lack of Team-personality when I watch them on the field.  And I have yet to find a Green Bay game, so I can't even identify with the folks in Wisconsin (two of my kids are transplanted Hoosiers). 
So far this looks like a "5 on a 10 scale" season coming.

I agree!
I don't see any team that's head and shoulders above anyone else.
The NFL will blame it on "Parity"
May the best team that has the fewest injuries win because that's probably what's gonna happen.
I can see a team with a 8-8 record or even a team with a losing record get in the playoffs. PLAYOFFS?????????????

cavandre
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Thu, 08/30/12 8:50 AM
I'm wondering what The Commish will be spinning about the "integrity" of the game after the substitute refs start blowing calls in games that count.

MetroplexJim
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sat, 09/15/12 3:33 PM
After watching the redskins play last sunday I may have to take back some of my mocking Dan (the little man) Snyder for giving up 3 #1's for RGIII

It is exceedingly rare for a QB to make the jump to the pros and play the same game he did in college.  RGIII pulled that off in his first game and for the sake of my good friends back in NOVA I hope he keeps it up and stays healthy.

MetroplexJim
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sat, 09/15/12 3:41 PM
Heard a good one on the radio the other day down here in Dallas:

The Cowboys are going eleven and five this season:  11 indictments and 5 convictions!

(Or maybe not, Jerry Jones has hired a "body man" to be with Dez Bryant 24/7!).

ann peeples
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sat, 09/15/12 6:44 PM
I love Peyton Manning for his sense of humor........how dare anyone say its because he is a cad. I now follow him with the Denver Donkeys....

easydoesit
  • Total Posts : 470
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sun, 09/16/12 5:39 AM
MetroplexJim

Heard a good one on the radio the other day down here in Dallas:

The Cowboys are going eleven and five this season:  11 indictments and 5 convictions!

(Or maybe not, Jerry Jones has hired a "body man" to be with Dez Bryant 24/7!).

Wasn't there another joke about the Cowboys and their legal troubles a few years ago -- I heard that the Cowboys were on the honor system -- "Yes, Your Honor -- No, Your Honor."

cavandre
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Tue, 09/25/12 10:20 AM
After the Packers/Hawks debacle, I've had it. I'm not watching another NFL game until they get real refs back on the field.

Michael Hoffman
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Tue, 09/25/12 11:49 AM
Sure. And Americans are going to stop eating pork fat because obesity will kill them.

ScreamingChicken
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Tue, 09/25/12 12:07 PM
cavandre

After the Packers/Hawks debacle, I've had it. I'm not watching another NFL game until they get real refs back on the field.
While the final call was blown on the field, the replay official was by rule not allowed to correct it.  That might be something for the Rules Committee to look into.

ann peeples
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Tue, 09/25/12 12:20 PM
All of the games i watched, from Sunday's to Monday night's game were a travisty. While the commissioner can over rule things( read NFL rules) it wont be done.I have just applied to be a ref. I could have done a better job.However, Brad, there were 3 officials on the field saying different things. THAT should not be allowed, under the rules.Especially high school refs. The NFL should never allowed this to happen.

hatteras04
  • Total Posts : 1070
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Tue, 09/25/12 12:48 PM
My favorite picture on the internet today.  It has the ref from last night saying, "After further review, the runner missed second base....Touchdown Celtics."

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Wed, 09/26/12 12:47 AM
After the REAL Ref's get back, I don't ever want to hear anyone Booing a Ref again. Those guys are Saints by comparison!

JRPfeff
  • Total Posts : 2370
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Mon, 10/1/12 11:58 PM
Is Romo really that terrible? And how much does Jerry pay those butterfingered receivers?  Wow.

mayor al
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Tue, 10/2/12 1:26 AM
The Bears  do find there way onto my Positive vote list...In the top 5  and far ahead of Dallas, so I am quite happy with the results of tonight's game.  I watch and sometimes 'cheer'  the Packers, The Colts, then Peyton and the Bronco's and Eli and the Giants, then 'Da Bears'... followed by the rest...With Atlanta at the bottom of the list tied with Philly for "my never will support" teams.

ScreamingChicken
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Wed, 10/17/12 9:54 AM
He might be a Steeler for now but I think this guy has a future with the Cowboys or Bengals...and since he's just a rookie he could go on to put up some impressive stats!

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Thu, 10/18/12 1:20 AM
ScreamingChicken

He might be a Steeler for now but I think this guy has a future with the Cowboys or Bengals...and since he's just a rookie he could go on to put up some impressive stats!

I heard Jerry "The Warden" Jones put up the Bail Money!!!

Foodbme
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Thu, 10/18/12 1:48 AM
The AZ Cardinals may have a new QBack!!!!!!!!!
The Indianapolis Colts have waived quarterback Chandler Harnish, the 2012 Mr. Irrelevant, so they could sign tight end Weslye Saunders.

Michael Hoffman
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sun, 10/28/12 12:24 PM
GO GIANTS!
Both Giants. This afternoon against the Cowgirls and tonight against the Tigers.

GO STEELERS!
That's for lleechef.
<message edited by Michael Hoffman on Sun, 10/28/12 12:26 PM>

cavandre
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sun, 10/28/12 2:55 PM
I'm trying to watch the Steelers/Skins game, but those Steeler throwbacks are making it difficult!

ScreamingChicken
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? - Sun, 10/28/12 4:28 PM
Egads...the Steelers actually had that fashion nightmare as the official uniform at one time?!?

I can't believe the Bears pulled it out - they were just terrible for the majority of the game.

Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 61 to 120 of 244