Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)?

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 14 of 16
Author
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4058
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/10 09:01:32 (permalink)
See Danny's house:

Check out that nice view of the Potomac after he had some trees chopped down! 

See Danny's $70,000,000 yacht:

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-articles/redskins-owner-dan-snyders-70-million-super-yacht/ 

(Isn't that dining room alone enough to die for?  Too bad that it's too big to park next to his house).

Finally --- 
See & Feel the love Danny has from the Redskin's Fans:

Bottom Line: 

post edited by MetroplexJim - 2012/03/10 10:52:25
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 789
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/10 11:21:20 (permalink)
cavandre

An era ends in Indianapolis!
Now where will Peyton land?

And the rest of the team that was let go?

chewingthefat
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6186
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/10 11:49:07 (permalink)
MetroplexJim

Little Danny Snyder Trades 3 Firsts and a Second for the rights to RGIII

Two names come immediately to mind:  Herschel Walker ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade ) and Ricky Williams for whom the Saints & Mike Ditka gave away an entire draft and the best parts of another. 

Just how did those "genius moves" work out?

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Incredibly stupid deal, unless they then trade for additional draft picks, to some other team who wants him even more. That would be a smart move, my Redskins don't make smart moves. Donovan McNabb, Alfered Haynesworth, Adam Archuletta, Dion Sanders, Steve Spurrier, many others.
The Peter Principal at work, aka Dan Snyder.

MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/10 12:39:30 (permalink)
"The future is now"  -- George Allen
"Whoops!  There goes the future" --- Redskins fans this morning

-------------------------------

Before he is hung in effigy yet again, here are (just some of) Little Danny's Greatest Hits ...

Neon Deion - in DC only long enough to collect signing & roster bonuses

Who can forget Stubby and his $$$ millions $$$  ?

Or "the Ol' Ball Coach":

Hard to "top" the Stubblefield deal, but he did!!!  R E M A R K A B L E!!! 

Snyder robs grave  raids nursing home  goes to the NFL HOF and hires the Ghost of Joe Gibbs...  and The Era of the $5,000,000/yr. head coach begins!

The published caption on this was "Dumb & Dumber"
(Guess who traded up to draft Campbell?  Gibbs' Ghost made him!)

Redskins Win Offseason yet AGAIN!!!
Woo Hoo! 

Evidently not.

(Making fun of the nepotism of the Shanahan "clan" and Rex Grossman is simply too easy, so now on to ...)

The Piece de Resistance:  3 Firsts and a Second for this:

Is he the "second coming" of Cam Newton, or simply a young Donovan McNabb? 

(Would even Cam Newton be worth three firsts and a second?) 

Chances are he's the "second coming" of Cordell (Slash) Stewart!  

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?40,file=40485,filename=douchebag_daniel_synder.jpg   

The Future is Gone!
post edited by MetroplexJim - 2012/03/12 16:14:11
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2602
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/10 13:08:08 (permalink)
And the team that signs Peyton Manning will give up zero draft picks.  Same for Matt Flynn.  Griffin better win several Super Bowls for that price.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/10 13:30:44 (permalink)
JRPfeff

And the team that signs Peyton Manning will give up zero draft picks.  Same for Matt Flynn.  Griffin better win several Super Bowls for that price.

Chances are slim and none ...  and slim just left the building.

How many "razzle/dazzle" QB's have won the Super Bowl?  That would be ZERO!
cavandre
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1623
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/10 16:34:07 (permalink)
And I thought it was tough to be a Jets fan!
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/10 16:41:47 (permalink)
fishtaco

cavandre

An era ends in Indianapolis!
Now where will Peyton land?

And the rest of the team that was let go?

Take care, for once upon a time in a once great city, a championship-winning HOF QB was kicked to the curb after an injury by an owner too cheap to honor his contract.  There began http://curseofbobbylayne.com/wordpress/ .  Only now that The Curse has run its 50 year course does the team and the city show signs of rebirth.

You had better hope that "kiss goodbye" Manning gave Irsay was not like the one Michael gave Fredo!  Manning isn't nearly as mean as the great Bobby Layne, but he is nearly as talented.  
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/10 16:56:21 (permalink)
cavandre

And I thought it was tough to be a Jets fan!

Thankfully, I am by birth, always have been, and always shall be a STEELERS fan. 

That said, I did live in Northern Virginia for nearly 30 years and had a front-row-seat for the dysfunction that has plagued the Redskins since Mr. Cooke's passing.

(And don't bit*h about being a Jets fan.  At least my high school league gave you Namath!  BTW:  couldn't help wondering what Rex Ryan would think about Joe's famous "pantyhose" ad).
post edited by MetroplexJim - 2012/03/10 17:06:15
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/11 08:25:05 (permalink)
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10204
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/11 16:28:42 (permalink)
Manning is in Phoenix today. Yesterday, I saw several Billboards downtown urging Manning to come here!
Russ Grimm is attending the meetings. Maybe he can convince Manning he will suit up to protect him because the line he coaches sure can't!
IMO Russ has been a big disappintment as a coach. Another example of Great Player, Lousy Coach!
saps
  • Total Posts : 1560
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/11 19:36:08 (permalink)
Offensive line coaches can't do much if the talent isn't there.  What is it in particular that makes Grimm a disappointment?
The Cardinals haven't done much to draft for the offensive line.  They haven't picked a lineman above round 5 since 2007, and haven't drafted any lineman over the past couple of years.  Sounds like less of a coaching issue and more of a talent and lack of development issue.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/12 02:56:35 (permalink)
saps
Offensive line coaches can't do much if the talent isn't there.  What is it in particular that makes Grimm a disappointment? 

A good Coach can take average players and make them better. Most of the Cardinal line has been together for a while but they've not made much if any improvement. Levi Brown is rated as the WORST O lineman in football and they're thinking about picking him up again? Where's Grimm in that discussion? And they just gave Grimm a 2 year extension on his contract??????DUH!!!
Can a Coach make a difference? Can you say Jim Harbaugh?? Took an average QB and made him pretty good.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/12 10:44:13 (permalink)
Can't see Denver or Phoenix for Manning.  I'm thinking Miami.  Parcells built the Pats and the Giants into championship teams and was on his way in Dallas until an ego conflict with Jerry Jones.  I think he's "on his way" in Miami now.

Parcells likes to "wheel in" superannuated QB's (like he did in Dallas with Testaverde and Bledsoe) to "hurry things along".  If healthy, the clean-living Mr. Manning definitely has some "juice" left.

(I'm still laughing about Danny Snyder doing a trade that will rank right up there with those for Herschel Walker & Ricky Williams:  three firsts and a second for the second coming of Cordell (Slash) Stewart.  Maybe he'll pay Cowher $10M/yr. to "develop him"!).
saps
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/12 16:06:32 (permalink)
Foodbme

saps

A good Coach can take average players and make them better. Most of the Cardinal line has been together for a while but they've not made much if any improvement. Levi Brown is rated as the WORST O lineman in football and they're thinking about picking him up again? Where's Grimm in that discussion? And they just gave Grimm a 2 year extension on his contract??????DUH!!!
Can a Coach make a difference? Can you say Jim Harbaugh?? Took an average QB and made him pretty good.

Grimm's a coach, not a personnel guy.  I'm sure that he realizes that Brown is bad, but the ultimate decision isn't his.   Grimm doesn't even have average players to work with, and a line coach isn't going to do a lot with 5 low-talent players.  A line coach can only do so much, and I don't think you or I have enough information to tell if he's a good coach or not.

In regards to Smith and Harbaugh, Smith was better but still only threw 17 TD's in 2011, although he did cut his INT's in half.  Is that because of Harbaugh, his comfort in a new offense, part of the maturation process, or the new QB coach, Geep Chryst?  Is it a matter of getting away from Mike Singeltary as head coach?  Who knows?

saps
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/12 16:10:06 (permalink)
MetroplexJim

Can't see Denver or Phoenix for Manning.  I'm thinking Miami.  Parcells built the Pats and the Giants into championship teams and was on his way in Dallas until an ego conflict with Jerry Jones.  I think he's "on his way" in Miami now.

Parcells likes to "wheel in" superannuated QB's (like he did in Dallas with Testaverde and Bledsoe) to "hurry things along".  If healthy, the clean-living Mr. Manning definitely has some "juice" left.

(I'm still laughing about Danny Snyder doing a trade that will rank right up there with those for Herschel Walker & Ricky Williams:  three firsts and a second for the second coming of Cordell (Slash) Stewart.  Maybe he'll pay Cowher $10M/yr. to "develop him"!).

Wait, Jim- before, you said the Redskins were a lock for Manning.

What makes you think RGIII will not be good? I have no idea, and neither do you. 
Last year, there were pro scouts out there saying that Newton would be a bust.  Nobody knows how good RGIII will be until he gets on the field, but the majority of scouts feel that he has skills that transfers to the pro level.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/12 17:28:57 (permalink)
saps

MetroplexJim

Wait, Jim- before, you said the Redskins were a lock for Manning.

Yes, I certainly did. 

It would have been very much in keeping with Dan Snyder's past behavior to have offered Manning $28M to sign + $45M for three years.  Hell, that's only what Danny paid for his yacht!  And, given Manning's ambitions both to win now & prepare for another career (and the fact that NYC has no openings) it all made perfect sense.

How was I to know that the Midget Megalomaiac would surpass even his own past "fantasy league" foolishness and trade The Future for just one player.  Even Eli Manning didn't cost the Giants that much!  (And even now - two "rings" aside - given Rivers' and Rothlesberger's success, maybe they paid too much).  Say what you will about the Giants, the Mara's are a patient family - much like the Rooney's.  They deserve their Blessings. 

saps
What makes you think RGIII will not be good? I have no idea, and neither do you. 
Last year, there were pro scouts out there saying that Newton would be a bust.  Nobody knows how good RGIII will be until he gets on the field, but the majority of scouts feel that he has skills that transfers to the pro level.

Never said that he will not be "good".  He's a great collegiate player and, from what I hear, a great kid.  God Bless him.  He may be another Cam Newton.  He may be another Donovan McNabb.  Or, he may well be another Cordell Stewart.  Or a dog-loving Michael Vick.  Or, another Vince Young.  All of them are/were "great athletes" but I don't see any of them wearing Super Bowl rings. 

Who knows?  We'll see.

In the meantime, the more relevant question is:  which active player in the NFL - a "proven commodity" - is "worth" three firsts and a second? 

Go ahead, name just one

Even forgetting the fact that knees bust, shoulders tear, concussions happen, and nerves in the neck get compressed, I can't.  But then I'm just a humble STEELERS fan, not a fantasy team "genius".

They don't call the Herschel Walker trade "The Great Train Robbery" for nothing.  They don't call the Ricky Williams trade "Ditka's Folly" for nothing.  What will this be called?  Believe me, it will - one way or another - have a "name". 

Sell the 'Skins short; go long on the Cards Rams!
post edited by MetroplexJim - 2012/03/13 19:53:04
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2602
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/12 20:54:16 (permalink)
Manning is lock for the Cardinals.  I heard on Phoenix sports-talk radio, so it has to be true.   Right Foodbme?
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6346
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/12 21:12:15 (permalink)
I was thinking Denver was desperate to get out of Tebowmania and someone like Manning could do it without fan backlash.

What's with the reports Bud Adams said he would do whatever it takes to make Manning a Tennessee Titan?
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/12 21:13:29 (permalink)
JRPfeff
Manning is lock for the Cardinals.  I heard on Phoenix sports-talk radio, so it has to be true.   Right Foodbme?

RIGHT!
The Jock Talk shows are in Nirvana!
The most wired in and knowledgeable among them is John Gambadoro, 620 KTAR. He says it all depends if the Bidwell's are ready to spend the money to bring Manning's cast of role players from Indianapolis - Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne and Jeff Saturday's Crotch! If they do that, the odds jump exponentially!! 

MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/13 10:31:18 (permalink)
My goodness, wherever Peyton lands I hope he does well and stays healthy.

And that The Curse of Peyton Manning befalls the vile Irsays for kicking him to the curb.
cavandre
  • Total Posts : 1623
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/13 14:41:49 (permalink)
Does anyone think that Peyton would have enjoyed coming back to a team that will be going through a couple of years of rebuilding? As a team owner, would you rebuild around a 36 year old QB? I think this will work out best for both sides.
saps
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/13 14:57:21 (permalink)
cavandre

Does anyone think that Peyton would have enjoyed coming back to a team that will be going through a couple of years of rebuilding? As a team owner, would you rebuild around a 36 year old QB? I think this will work out best for both sides.

Your comments make perfect sense.  Irsay would be a complete idiot for paying 28 million dollars to a 36 year-old QB who has undergone 4 surgeries and still can't effectively throw right now, especially when  one of the more highly-rated QB prospects (Luck) of the last 20 years there for the taking.  The Colts have paid Manning more than 170 million over his career, and Manning has helped to increse the value of the Colts by over 200 million during his era.  I'd say it has worked pretty well for both sides, and Manning is hardly being mistreated by the Colts.

buffetbuster
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10212
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/13 15:00:47 (permalink)
If I was a Colts fan and they passed up Luck and kept Manning, I would be livid!  From a business point of view, they really had no choice.   
fishtaco
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 789
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/13 15:20:26 (permalink)
saps

cavandre

Your comments make perfect sense.  Irsay would be a complete idiot for paying 28 million dollars to a 36 year-old QB who has undergone 4 surgeries and still can't effectively throw right now, especially when  one of the more highly-rated QB prospects (Luck) of the last 20 years there for the taking.  The Colts have paid Manning more than 170 million over his career, and Manning has helped to increse the value of the Colts by over 200 million during his era.  I'd say it has worked pretty well for both sides, and Manning is hardly being mistreated by the Colts.

Well said. I wish I could convice more Colts fans of this.

MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/13 20:06:30 (permalink)
buffetbuster

If I was a Colts fan and they passed up Luck and kept Manning, I would be livid!  From a business point of view, they really had no choice.   

If Irsay was a Rooney (if cow flop were filet!) he would have found some way to keep Manning as a mentor to the estimable Mr. Luck.

I wish that Peyton would retire with his body and mind intact. 

One would hope that Archie would "take him to the woodshed" and have a "conversation".

Pride is a mortal sin. 
post edited by MetroplexJim - 2012/03/14 08:03:16
Foodbme
Porterhouse
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/13 20:18:45 (permalink)
NEWSBREAK from PHX---
No new news to report.
Now back to our regular scheduled program.
saps
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/13 21:37:03 (permalink)
MetroplexJim

buffetbuster

If Irsay was a Rooney he would have found some way to keep Manning as a mentor to the estimable Mr. Luck.

Uh-huh.  And if the queen had nuts, she'd be the king.
And being smart businessmen and football owners, the Rooneys would have done the exact same thing that Irsay did with Manning.
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5028
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/14 09:17:56 (permalink)
While this is more of a segue into the upcoming season, the Bears traded for Brandon Marshall yesterday and reunited him with Jay Cutler.

Might be a great move if Marshall can stay out of trouble, as apparently 2 days ago he was involved in an altercation outside a New York nightclub.
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6346
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/14 12:08:03 (permalink)
Hey, hey, hey! The Vikings made their big move this off-season. They re-signed Sage Rosenfeld as their 3rd string quarterback. I'd say that was a sage decision.
Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 14 of 16
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1