Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)?

Page: << < ..16 Showing page 16 of 16 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6393
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/19 21:08:29 (permalink)
I thought Tennessee said they would do whatever it took. They might have. You can't discount that maybe Peyton felt, been there done that, with Tennessee and really liked the challenge the Broncos made available for him. It may have been more than money.

Or, maybe on the other hand, Denver was desperate to get out from under Tebow and Manning was the only option that would not get its fans and God up in arms. Maybe they did more than whatever it took.
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4633
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/20 03:10:01 (permalink)
Great incentive for the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers to have him in our division. 
I predict he won't even win the division. Denver backed in last year.
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4190
Re:Where's the NFL Chatter ('11 version)? 2012/03/20 06:07:12 (permalink)
1bbqboy

Great incentive for the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers to have him in our division. 
I predict he won't even win the division. Denver backed in last year.

Despite "backing in" Denver, in Tebow's luckiest finest game, put a (well-deserved) whipping on my STEELERS.  He threw for 3:18 yards!

Playing at "Mile High" is the ultimate home-field advantage.  Unless even a highly conditioned athlete has acclimated to it for at least 10 days the altitude will take a toll. 

In an extreme case of that I once saw the Bolivian National Team play Brasil in La Paz (12,000'!).  Brasil kicked Bolivia all over the field in the first half, but in the second they ran like they had their feet in buckets.  Bolivia won 2-1 with a bicycle kick for the winning goal.  Even though I am not a soccer fan I must admit that I have never seen a "scene" like that before or since: 70,000 in a sustained frenzy for 2 hours with thermo-nuclear JOY at the end.  I swear, it made Heinz Field in "Terrible Towel mode" look like a prayer breakfast. 

We Americans think NFL fans can get excited; believe me, you "ain't seen nuttin' " on THAT excitement scale!" />  South America now limits the maximum altitude at which "important" international matches may be played.
post edited by MetroplexJim - 2012/03/20 06:21:59
Page: << < ..16 Showing page 16 of 16 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1