AnsweredHot!WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat)

Page: << < ..111 Showing page 111 of 111
Author
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4609
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2014/11/20 11:55:54 (permalink)
Has anyone been to the new Arthurs or the reincarnated Anderson Pub and Grill (or whatever they are calling in in this latest incarnation) yet?

APG seems to be getting mainly negative reviews (Yelp/Urbanspoon)

Arthurs seems to be garnering mostly positive reviews, and I have never seen that parking lot so packed as it is now
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3151
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2014/11/21 08:20:36 (permalink)
I am being told by a friend and business associate of Sabor Peruano that they will reopen soon in another location near the one that burned.
dlawson
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 250
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2014/11/22 09:57:23 (permalink)
We recently tried Marrakech in Clifton and were not impressed. Yelp reviews are generally positive, and everyone on there seems to love the bastilla (a sort of sweet and savory chicken pot pie topped with a lot of powdered sugar and cinnamon). I don't think there is any middle ground with that dish; we found it to be a complete mess of flavors and textures, and didn't even finish half of it between the two of us. The chicken tajine (a chicken quarter slow cooked in spices) was better, but was more Crock-Pot-quality than restaurant-quality in my opinion. My wife also had an adverse reaction to something in the hummus, which didn't affect me, but it did taste different (not bad or spoiled, just different) than any other version we have tried or made. I can't say we plan on going back.
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 539
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2014/11/23 10:31:36 (permalink)
TJ Jackson
Has anyone been to the new Arthurs or the reincarnated Anderson Pub and Grill (or whatever they are calling in in this latest incarnation) yet?

APG seems to be getting mainly negative reviews (Yelp/Urbanspoon)

Arthurs seems to be garnering mostly positive reviews, and I have never seen that parking lot so packed as it is now

Jeez, do you actually read any of my posts? ;)

http://www.roadfood.com/F...spx?m=462476&p=329

I've been back to Arthur's twice since and was just as impressed.

I did go to ABG/APG VIII for a couple of beers and some wings a few months ago. The wings were decent, nothing exceptional, and I would've gone back except 1) the bartender was goofing off on her phone and ignoring my empty beer glass, and 2) while I was there, they changed the XM station from something inoffensive to some loud obnoxious c-rap station and had it pretty loud.
post edited by Bonk - 2014/11/23 10:36:52
Page: << < ..111 Showing page 111 of 111
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1