AnsweredHot!WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat)

Page: << < ..111 Showing page 111 of 111
Author
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4611
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2014/11/20 11:55:54 (permalink)
Has anyone been to the new Arthurs or the reincarnated Anderson Pub and Grill (or whatever they are calling in in this latest incarnation) yet?

APG seems to be getting mainly negative reviews (Yelp/Urbanspoon)

Arthurs seems to be garnering mostly positive reviews, and I have never seen that parking lot so packed as it is now
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3151
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2014/11/21 08:20:36 (permalink)
I am being told by a friend and business associate of Sabor Peruano that they will reopen soon in another location near the one that burned.
dlawson
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 251
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2014/11/22 09:57:23 (permalink)
We recently tried Marrakech in Clifton and were not impressed. Yelp reviews are generally positive, and everyone on there seems to love the bastilla (a sort of sweet and savory chicken pot pie topped with a lot of powdered sugar and cinnamon). I don't think there is any middle ground with that dish; we found it to be a complete mess of flavors and textures, and didn't even finish half of it between the two of us. The chicken tajine (a chicken quarter slow cooked in spices) was better, but was more Crock-Pot-quality than restaurant-quality in my opinion. My wife also had an adverse reaction to something in the hummus, which didn't affect me, but it did taste different (not bad or spoiled, just different) than any other version we have tried or made. I can't say we plan on going back.
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 541
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2014/11/23 10:31:36 (permalink)
TJ Jackson
Has anyone been to the new Arthurs or the reincarnated Anderson Pub and Grill (or whatever they are calling in in this latest incarnation) yet?

APG seems to be getting mainly negative reviews (Yelp/Urbanspoon)

Arthurs seems to be garnering mostly positive reviews, and I have never seen that parking lot so packed as it is now

Jeez, do you actually read any of my posts? ;)

http://www.roadfood.com/F...spx?m=462476&p=329

I've been back to Arthur's twice since and was just as impressed.

I did go to ABG/APG VIII for a couple of beers and some wings a few months ago. The wings were decent, nothing exceptional, and I would've gone back except 1) the bartender was goofing off on her phone and ignoring my empty beer glass, and 2) while I was there, they changed the XM station from something inoffensive to some loud obnoxious c-rap station and had it pretty loud.
post edited by Bonk - 2014/11/23 10:36:52
Ghaz
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 85
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2014/11/26 12:36:34 (permalink)
A few new restaurants in the Florence area:

The old Karlo's Bistro building is being remodeled to become the area's first Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery.  Tilted Kilt is best described as "Hooter's with a Scottish twist".  Looking at their online menu, I think I'll pass.

Around the corner in the old Tumbleweed location will be another El Mariachi Mexican restaurant.  I'm not sure if it is affiliated with the El Mariachi in Hebron (or the ones in Lawrenceburg or Harrison or Hamilton).  Hopefully it won't be a disappointment like the El Nopal location on 42 across from Industrial Rd.

Salvadore's Pizzeria in Erlanger has closed their long time location on Dixie Highway and moved a half mile north to the recently remodeled building that was Margarita's across from Forest Lawn cemetery.
Time for Pie
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 57
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2014/11/26 15:35:54 (permalink)
It's true!

From Roney's Facebook page:

Roney’s is pleased to announce we will be reopening on Chamber Drive in Milford in June, 2015. Thank you to the City of Milford and Cincinnati United Contractors for making the reopening of Roney’s a dream come true.. We are extremely excited to have the opportunity to see all of our loyal customers again. Follow us on Facebook to stay updated on the progress of our new store. 

We are also happy to announce the sale of our famous BBQ sauce at Eastgate Mall December 12th- 15th. We will be offering our sauce in 16oz. jars for $4.95. Please stop by, say hello and pick up the perfect stocking stuffer for the holidays. 

Again, thank you to the community and friend’s of Roney’s for words of encouragement during our quest to relocate. 

From our family to yours, have a Happy Thanksgiving.

G R E A T   N E W S

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/milford/2014/08/14/roneys-may-reopen-milford/14071381/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

a snippet from the article
"Milford staff has been working to lure them to a new location in Milford and they have a tentative agreement with Cincinnati United Contractors for a building that could be built for them on Chamber Drive near the Milford Parkway in Milford."  The Milford Planning Commission approved a site plan Aug. 13 submitted by Cincinnati United Contractors to build a nearly 2,900-square-foot building for Roney's.

he|| yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

TJ Jackson
G R E A T   N E W S

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/local/milford/2014/08/14/roneys-may-reopen-milford/14071381/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

a snippet from the article
"Milford staff has been working to lure them to a new location in Milford and they have a tentative agreement with Cincinnati United Contractors for a building that could be built for them on Chamber Drive near the Milford Parkway in Milford."  The Milford Planning Commission approved a site plan Aug. 13 submitted by Cincinnati United Contractors to build a nearly 2,900-square-foot building for Roney's.

he|| yeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Time for Pie
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 57
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2014/11/26 15:41:25 (permalink)
BTW, 180 comments, 628 likes since they posted the above statement yesterday, so it is a popular move.  Yumm!
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4611
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2014/11/26 16:42:13 (permalink)
A W E S O M E

we'll have to get Wanderingjew in here for a taste test on their opening day
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 541
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2014/11/26 18:09:02 (permalink)
That is truly awesome.
dlawson
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 251
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2014/11/26 21:31:16 (permalink)
Ghaz
Tilted Kilt is best described as "Hooter's with a Scottish twist".

The preferred nomenclature is "breastaurant".  I suppose it's only a matter of time before we get a Twin Peaks as well.
Ghaz
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 85
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2014/11/27 23:15:39 (permalink)
That nomenclature applies to any of a number of similarly themed restaurants, including Hooter's (and is a trademarked term as well) :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breastaurant

And their menu still doesn't look that that impressive:

http://www.tiltedkilt.com/locations/florence/
Page: << < ..111 Showing page 111 of 111
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1