The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat)

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 17 of 108, messages 481 to 510 of 3220
TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4482
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 12/14/06 1:59 PM (permalink)
Well here we are, post 2500.

I wasn't sure what to do with it, at first, other than I wanted it to be in this particular thread. After some thought, I decided to finalize a progression of thought I have had since first starting this thread.....specifically, slowly realizing that what was once (a long time ago) my favorite restaurant in all of Cincinnati is really, truly, not all that good.

Of course I speak of Montgomery Inn

My boss favors the place, and every time we have an out of town manager or group in for us to meet or work with, he takes us all there. I've tried different things - pulled pork, pork chops, chicken dishes, fried fish, even the occasional pasta - and of course gave their speciality, the pork ribs, yet another shot - but frankly, none of them were even what I'd call good.

Part of it has been the education in what BBQ is that I have gained here at Roadfood. Part of it is, I'm sure, changing tastes as I have gotten older. I also think the restaurant itself is resting on it's laurels

Ah well.

I still think it is a place to try once, as a HUGE number of local folks absolutely swear by this place just as I once did, but it is a restaurant I will personally avoid from here on out.

Except when the boss takes us out on a mandatory office outing. *shrug* as a free meal, it isn't too bad.

buffetbuster

RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 12/14/06 2:56 PM (permalink)
    I have been to Montgomery Inn four times. I went from loving it (after my first visit) to thinking I most likely won't go back (last visit). Not that there is anything terrible about the place. I think it is just okay and there are way too many other places in Cincy that have much better food. But, even though I won't be back, I have recommended it to others for their first visit to the area.

Wallyum

• Total Posts: 627
      RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Fri, 12/15/06 8:51 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by TJ Jackson

Well here we are, post 2500.

I wasn't sure what to do with it, at first, other than I wanted it to be in this particular thread. After some thought, I decided to finalize a progression of thought I have had since first starting this thread.....specifically, slowly realizing that what was once (a long time ago) my favorite restaurant in all of Cincinnati is really, truly, not all that good.

My boss favors the place, and every time we have an out of town manager or group in for us to meet or work with, he takes us all there. I've tried different things - pulled pork, pork chops, chicken dishes, fried fish, even the occasional pasta - and of course gave their speciality, the pork ribs, yet another shot - but frankly, none of them were even what I'd call good.

Part of it has been the education in what BBQ is that I have gained here at Roadfood. Part of it is, I'm sure, changing tastes as I have gotten older. I also think the restaurant itself is resting on it's laurels

Ah well.

I still think it is a place to try once, as a HUGE number of local folks absolutely swear by this place just as I once did, but it is a restaurant I will personally avoid from here on out.

Except when the boss takes us out on a mandatory office outing. *shrug* as a free meal, it isn't too bad.

Yeah, even I'd eat there if it was free. The last time I got a meal on the bank it was Chef Boyardee ravioli that I had to scrape off the bottom of the pan. Consider yourself lucky. (And I can't believe I just typed that.)

soozycue520

• Total Posts: 1026
        RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Mon, 12/18/06 12:07 AM (permalink)
        OK, Cincinnatians {or anyone hoping to eat in Cincinnati}~~

I went to VINYL on Saturday night. For those of you who don't know, Vinyl is the reincarnation of the Diner on Sycamore, on Sycamore and 12th, in Over the Rhine, Downtown, Cincinnati.

I have been there once, when they were "new", before a new chef was hired about a month ago.

They had 3 different kind of beef burgers { a kobe beef, a Kentucky beef, and something else}. They served greens that were "vinegar soaked" that were good. Good southern-style greens {before the new chef}.

Saturday night, I went to Vinyl , with the hope that the menu would be fantabulous, with a new chef.

Wrong!!!

I ordered the "lobster" burgers {three small "appetizer sized burgers", the way they serve the kobe beef burgers, but "lobster-cake style}. They were so fishy tasting, I could not eat them. They were FISHY!!! In my mind, definitely not lobster.

My cohort ordered the greens since she liked them before. For $6.00, she got a few field greens, and a slice of apple, with some vingarette. Not "vinegar soaked greens".

We expressed our displeasure when we payed our bill, and the "owner", "co-owner", "chef", or "night mananger", whoever he was, followed us from the restaurant, and asked why we were dissatisfied.

When I told him that the lobster burger was fishy, he told me that "lobster is fishy, it is seafood, and it tastes fishy". I told him lobster should not taste fishy. He said something about Cincinnati not having great seafood.

I have bought frozen lobster tails from Kroger, and it DID NOT taste fishy. I have had lobster in many different ways. Lobster should not taste "fishy".

The guy, whoever he was, followed us out of the restaurant {VINYL}, and told us we obviously did not have a "palate" for what "Vinyl" was trying to accomplish.

We were one of, like, maybe 10 people in the restaurant {on Saturday night!!}.

#1-- If they are trying to build business, why are they alienating customers?
        #2 -- Why would you chase customers out of a business and question why they didn't like it, and blame the customer?
        #3-- When does lobster ever taste fishy? Even in Cincinnati?

Obviously, I am giving a bad review to Vinyl.

Bad business is telling the customer they are wrong, and following them out of the business to tell them they are wrong.

There were very few customers there, even on a Saturday night.

And the food was bad. Who are they trying to fool? Obviously, they believe that Cincy is full of food fools.

Don't go to Vinyl. Unless you are a food fool.

TJ Jackson

RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Mon, 12/18/06 8:33 AM (permalink)
          Sorry to hear of it. They are trying for that "ultramodern" and "pretentious" feel, but their locale ( a very bad part of town) does not fit well well with this.

Their one hope was to serve really good food that brought word of mouth and repeat business.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
            • Roadfood Insider
            RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Mon, 12/18/06 9:20 AM (permalink)
            Soozy

Maybe it was one of them OHIO RIVER LOBSTERS or maybe Mill Creek

Sorry to here VINYL has not lived up to it's hype. I will cross this off my list, thanks for saving me the trip into the city.

CajunKing

• Roadfood Insider
              RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Mon, 12/18/06 9:40 AM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by Sandy Thruthegarden

quote:
              Originally posted by cajunking
              [

Watkins barrell and Whiskey Barrell were two different places.

Watkins Barrell never impressed me at all and has been closed for some time now, the building was recently torn down for the new US 50 expansion across Tanner's Creek.

My picks for the area are:

Whiskey's - Steaks, BBQ
              Applewood - Ny Strip stuffed with Boursin cheese, Steakhouse soup
              Delaney's - Daily specials are usually always good

cjk - Thanks for your response.

I'm pretty sure that Whiskey Barrell was at the same location where Watkins Barrell went later. Before that, it was an old-fashioned working man's bar and lunch place called Bud and Norma Lee's. Not that it matters since they razed the building. Sure do miss those hamburgers though.

Sandy

Yes Whiskey Barrell and Watkins Barrel were in the same place, I was thinking of the short lived Whiskey Island, which was there off Walnut street, that is now becoming another Mexican place.

Bud & Norma Lee's had a life of it's own after hours, I used to bartend at BG's in Aurora and after closing we would all go to B & NL if you knew the secret knock you could get in, and they served drinks 24/7.

Robin Hood

• Total Posts: 101
                RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Mon, 12/18/06 5:24 PM (permalink)
                sorry to hear that Vinyl was so bad. also, sorry to hear that I live in a "very bad part of town."

Sandy Thruthegarden

• Total Posts: 624
                  RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Mon, 12/18/06 7:05 PM (permalink)
                  [
                  quote:

Sandy

Yes Whiskey Barrell and Watkins Barrel were in the same place, I was thinking of the short lived Whiskey Island, which was there off Walnut street, that is now becoming another Mexican place.

Bud & Norma Lee's had a life of it's own after hours, I used to bartend at BG's in Aurora and after closing we would all go to B & NL if you knew the secret knock you could get in, and they served drinks 24/7.

I used to pass B&NL every morning on the way to work and often wondered why the parking lot was so full of pickup trucks at 6:30 a.m. Must have been the graveyard shift from Seagrams having Happy Hour.

Actually, we kind of liked Whiskey Island although it was pretty kitschy. It was a good place to get a quick and informal meal before the race. I'm not sure I want to sit in the Apple Wood or in Whiskey's dining room in the kind of clothes I wear to a dirt track race.

soozycue520

• Total Posts: 1026
                    RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Mon, 12/18/06 10:02 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by Robin Hood

sorry to hear that Vinyl was so bad. also, sorry to hear that I live in a "very bad part of town."

Robin,

I still frequent downtown Cincy, and Over-the-Rhine, when there is some place that suits my fancy. I have never been intimidated by what was, supposedly, a "bad" part of town. Over-the-Rhine is only bad in pockets, just like every part of Cincy is.

I just still cannot believe that this guy followed us out the restaurant to tell us that we obviously did not have the correct palate for what they were trying to do!!!

I love food, and have eaten at a lot of places. I also have worked at a lot of restaurants as well. He should have been asking questions that would promote his business, not questioning our palates.

AND I WILL SAY IT AGAIN~~THE LOBSTER "BURGERS" WERE FISHY!!!

I predict that Vinyl will not be around long, if this is the way they treat their customers.

TJ Jackson

RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Mon, 12/18/06 11:41 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by Robin Hood

I've been there, and I stand by what I said, regardless of whether or not that gives offense.

Robin Hood

RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 12/19/06 8:20 AM (permalink)
                        Suzy: I agree that the actions by the manager of Vinyl were unbelievably unprofessional and only served to worsen your already bad experience. I have no desire to go there and it is only blocks from my house.

T.J.: I did not ask you to take back anything you said. Everyone has their own definition of dangerous. I, for one, am simply not threatened by the doctors, lawyers, P&G executives, and other successful professionals that are my neighbors in downtown Cincinnati.

dlawson

• Total Posts: 237
                          RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 12/19/06 8:31 AM (permalink)
                          quote:

I've been there, and I stand by what I said, regardless of whether or not that gives offense.

As long as we're giving offense (or not), attitudes like this do more harm to downtown restaurants and businesses than the attitude of Vinyl's owner ever will. At least he's only hurting himself.

Sycamore Street in particular has not been "a very bad part of town" for a number of years. After living in apartments more than a few blocks south of that area, I looked into purchasing a condo just a few blocks north of Vinyl before I determined Northside to be the better overall value (with better overall restaurants, as it turned out).

TJ Jackson

RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 12/19/06 8:46 AM (permalink)
                            *shrug*

I've walked and driven through the area several times, and seen what I have seen. This isn't just based on second hand information, or lingering memories of the race riots from years back.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15060
                              • Roadfood Insider
                              RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 12/19/06 9:08 AM (permalink)
                              Does this sound familiar?

One Man's Trash is another Man's Treasure!

Folks , when I read a review of a place written here on Roadfood or in the media, I have learned to recognize the bias's built into the review based on my experiences with the reviewer over a period of time. There are some reviews that I totally ignore as I have learned that the writer differs FAR from what I perceive as acceptable when it comes to quality or choice in a restaurant.
                              It doesn't mean I won't go to the place...It means that I understand that the other reviewer's viewpoint may differ from mine. I find I disagree with a lot of folks about what they perceive in a place, and that's ok.

Just don't try to tell me that you are Right and I am Wrong when dealing with something as subjective as restaurant reviews.

TJ Jackson

RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 12/19/06 9:47 AM (permalink)
                                Understood, Al.

I'll add that I'm certainly not saying (or meaning to say) that anyone is wrong. All I am stating is my opinion of that area based on my experiences and observations there. Clearly, the observations and experiences of others have differed. That means they are right, from their point of view, just as I am from mine.

One other thing - the "road" part of "roadfood" always makes me think we should be honest with the traveller reading these posts to find a good meal in the area being discussed. For example, a great breakfast can be had at both Tucker's (so I have repeatedly heard) in Over the Rhine and at The Village Pantry (I have experienced several times) in Madeira. I think there is a significant difference between the two neighborhoods, and I think it is a disservice to travelers not to disclose it. I'd go to Tuckers if I am alone, but not with my wife or two young (3 and 5) daughters. I think that is valuable info to a traveller, personally.

Robin Hood

RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 12/19/06 10:05 AM (permalink)
                                  T.J.: I'll say it again. I didn't ask you or imply that you needed to take anything back. Your view of downtown is your view. No biggie.

dlawson

RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 12/19/06 10:38 AM (permalink)
                                    TJ, I can appreciate you wanting to offer your opinions of the areas where restaurants are located. I am perhaps a bit hypersensitive when it comes to downtown because I lived there for a number of years (and lived through the riots and curfews), and I'm sick and tired of suburbanites who are afraid of it without having any firsthand experience of it. (I am not including you in that statement because, as you say, you have experienced the area, and I know you work downtown.)

Sadly, perception becomes reality, and we all suffer when restaurants (and other businesses) can't make it down there as a result. It truly bothers me that downtown has a stigma that it seems unable to shake, while other areas that could be considered just as "questionable" don't seem to have problems drawing people to their fine restaurants (Tink's in Clifton, Honey and Slims in Northside, to name a few).

TJ Jackson

RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 12/19/06 10:42 AM (permalink)
                                      Cool.

All that said, let's get back to the eats :-)

dlawson

RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 12/19/06 11:46 AM (permalink)
                                        Cool.

I'm hesitant to post about deSha's because, frankly, it's like shooting fish in a barrel. I find myself becoming less and less of a fan of American fare, so I'm probably predisposed to disliking an American Tavern. The menu is reminiscent of The Cheesecake Factory, not in its expansiveness, but in its lowest common denominator food at upscale prices, with menu descriptions that poorly attempt to make everything sound daring or exotic. It fits right in with the manufactured Towne Properties community it borders. Burgers are okay, no better than the ones at Chili's across the street. The "Nicholson's Fish and Chips" taste better at Nicholson's, which is owned by the same restaurant group. The seafood linguine (scallops, shrimp, and crabmeat in a sherry lobster cream sauce) is alarmingly dull, and I didn't notice a hint of sherry.

I say this without even having paid for a meal there. My wife's employers enjoy the place, and have treated us on several occasions. Service has always been erratic at best, but the most recent outing was pathetic. Appetizers showed up less than ten minutes before the entrees and salads showed up together, glasses of wine didn't show up until the third reminder, water and soda refills went similarly unnoticed, and we had to track down a bottle of ketchup (for a 5-year-old) ourselves after the request was forgotten or ignored. The waiter blamed himself alone, as well he should have. The six of us were seated almost immediately at 7:00 P.M. on a Saturday night, and judging by the number of people walking around in black pants and shirts, there were clearly no issues of being overcrowded or understaffed.

Now, I don't necessarily expect a restaurant to "make things right"...unless the manager pays a visit and tells you she'll make things right. Our compensation for this embarrassment? Two free desserts (which we weren't going to order, anyway) and one free glass of wine, less than a $20 value on a bill of well over $200. We were charged for everything else.

It isn't a total loss, however. The tavern portion, referred to as the Place Next Door, seems to function as its own entity, as it has a dedicated menu and staff. The bottled beer and scotch selection shines, as it does at sister location Rookwood Mews (and the other Pub locations around town, which I don't believe are owned by the same place). I have no problem with going here for a drink, but I would go to Dewey's next door for a draught.

CajunKing

• Roadfood Insider
                                          RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 12/19/06 3:00 PM (permalink)
                                          quote:
                                          Originally posted by tpd

re: Amor de Brazil

$41 plus drinks, tax and tip? Anybody think they may have to adjust pricing once the novelty wares off? Tom

We just met some friends this weekend at Amor de Brazil, no the prices had not come down yet. $125 for the dinner and drinks for the 2 of us.

The food was great, the salad bar was a little weak in it's selection, but the boiled shrimp on the salad bar defiantely made up for the weak selection.

I must admit though I could only FORCE my way through 10 of the 14 meats offered.

I really liked the garlic pork and the parmesan pork. The lamb was very tender and juicy. I loved it, my table companions not so much.

I can't remember the name of the one chicken dish they had that night, but my tongue is still tingling.

All in all was a very good evening with friends.

The down side:

My friend Kris & I are big meat lovers and had not ate anything all day so we totally enjoyed ourselves.

However our wives were not such big meat eaters and had eaten lunch, they did however polish off a huge bowl or 2 or 3 of shrimp off the salad bar.

jjjrfoodie

• Total Posts: 422
                                            RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 12/19/06 5:21 PM (permalink)
                                            quote:
                                            Originally posted by dlawson

Cool.

The bottled beer and scotch selection shines, as it does at sister location Rookwood Mews (and the other Pub locations around town, which I don't believe are owned by the same place). I have no problem with going here for a drink, but I would go to Dewey's next door for a draught.

All are owned by Nick DeSha's restaurant group including the "Pub's" in Louisville and Lexington and the orignal DeSha's in Maysville, KY. Having done a number of Scotch tasting cruises with him, he is a very savy business man and has a good eye for marketing and a better taste for food. Not all of his venues appeal to all, but like Cameron Mitchell, he was enough varied establishments that make the business model work.

Jerry
                                            jjjrfoodie

dlawson

RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Tue, 12/19/06 7:42 PM (permalink)
                                              I do enjoy Nicholson's and the various Pub locations. deSha's is the only location that consistently offends me on multiple fronts.

CajunKing

• Roadfood Insider
                                                RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 12/21/06 2:51 PM (permalink)
                                                ok on a run today I ran across two places i had never seen before and wondered if anybody had any thoughts about them

On Dixie Highway in Elsmere/Erlanger there was Emerson's Bakery and Ooooh Mama Das ist gut!

I had never seen either and was wondering about them??

BillC

• Total Posts: 119
                                                  RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 12/21/06 8:01 PM (permalink)
                                                  quote:

ok on a run today I ran across two places i had never seen before and wondered if anybody had any thoughts about them

On Dixie Highway in Elsmere/Erlanger there was Emerson's Bakery and Ooooh Mama Das ist gut!

Here's a response re: The German Butcher that I made to a similar question.Ooooh Mama das ist Gut isn't their name:
                                                  The sign reads Deutsches Fleischerei (sp?) which translates into German Butcher. And that's exactly what it is. It was opened a number of years ago by a couple whose name I forget. They brought Stefan Neumann over from Germany to do the butchering. The sausages, ham and other pork products are excellent and mostly made in house.
                                                  The breads they feature on Sat. are excellent as well. They also carry assorted German food products, beer and some prepared foods. About a year or so ago, They opened an "Imbiss" (german snack bar) in the rear of the building. It has very limited hours (Tu - Sat / 11-2)
                                                  which has prevented us from eating there, but given the quality of the meats and the prepared frozen food we've had, I'd be willing to bet it's pretty good. They supplied the sausages to the Hofbrauhaus for quite awhile (a deal that has since gone by the wayside) and is the same place that Sandy and Wallyum are speculating a couple of posts above as being involved in the newly opened Wiener Haus. Their busiest day is Sat.It's not unusal to see and hear German speaking people stocking up on freezer loads of meats which speaks to the authenticity of the place. Highly recommended, if that sort of thing interests you.

dlawson

RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 12/21/06 8:51 PM (permalink)
                                                    I recommend Wiener Haus, although it's probably a considerable drive for a number of us. Every sausage I have tried has been excellent (especially the garlic), but the potato cakes are hit or miss. As far as "dogs" go, it isn't the great value that Dink's is, but they really are two different animals since it appears the Wiener Haus stuff is made from scratch. The combo meal is the best value if the featured sausage (which I believe changes daily) is to your liking.

The "rules for eating sausage" on every table are entertaining, and there are multiple versions of it floating around on the internet. My favorite rule is something to the effect of ketchup having no business on a sausage or wiener if you are over the age of 18.

YorkHostess

• Total Posts: 6
                                                      • Location: Cincinnati, OH
                                                      RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 12/21/06 10:12 PM (permalink)
                                                      quote:

what was one my favorite restaurant in all of Cincinnati is really, truly, not all that good.

Amen Brother! I totally agree! Overrated!

I'm new to this thread and haven't read all that went on b/4 me but I wanted to say that restuarants I miss downtown are The Wheel Cafe, The Colonade and Pogue's Bridge. One great thing about The Colonade was that people sat down to eat at tables with other people they didn't know, I thought that was really cool.

Also,I like the Anchor Grill in Covington. What a dive! They do a great goetta and eggs. I love the atmosphere too.

dlawson

• Location: Cincinnati, OH
                                                        RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Fri, 12/22/06 12:16 AM (permalink)
                                                        quote:
                                                        Originally posted by YorkHostess

One great thing about The Colonade was that people sat down to eat at tables with other people they didn't know, I thought that was really cool.

Slims in Northside does the same. It can make for an interesting experience with some of the characters we have around here.

They do some interesting stuff, which doesn't always work. I can't say I've ever had a good brunch there, and we typically go to Honey on Sunday mornings instead. The menu changes weekly, but it looks like they keep their Web site up to date: http://www.slimsrestaurant.com/

arianej

• Total Posts: 205
                                                          • Location: Dayton, OH
                                                          RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Fri, 12/22/06 1:40 AM (permalink)
                                                          I was browsing cincinnati.com and saw this review for the Sichaun Bistro in Mason:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20061215/ENT01/612150308/

Besides the usual Chinese food offerings, there's a second menu in Chinese-- with translations. Anyone here tried it? The review's descriptions of the dishes sound very promising. Finances are a bit tight here and we haven't been eating out a whole lot, but I think we may have to give this a go sometime.

SWOhioGuy

• Total Posts: 58
                                                            • Location: Dayton, OH
                                                            RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Fri, 12/22/06 9:11 AM (permalink)
                                                            quote:
                                                            Originally posted by BillC

quote:

Here's a response re: The German Butcher that I made to a similar question.Ooooh Mama das ist Gut isn't their name:
                                                            The sign reads Deutsches Fleischerei (sp?) which translates into German Butcher. And that's exactly what it is. It was opened a number of years ago by a couple whose name I forget. They brought Stefan Neumann over from Germany to do the butchering. The sausages, ham and other pork products are excellent and mostly made in house.
                                                            The breads they feature on Sat. are excellent as well. They also carry assorted German food products, beer and some prepared foods. About a year or so ago, They opened an "Imbiss" (german snack bar) in the rear of the building. It has very limited hours (Tu - Sat / 11-2)
                                                            which has prevented us from eating there, but given the quality of the meats and the prepared frozen food we've had, I'd be willing to bet it's pretty good. They supplied the sausages to the Hofbrauhaus for quite awhile (a deal that has since gone by the wayside) and is the same place that Sandy and Wallyum are speculating a couple of posts above as being involved in the newly opened Wiener Haus. Their busiest day is Sat.It's not unusal to see and hear German speaking people stocking up on freezer loads of meats which speaks to the authenticity of the place. Highly recommended, if that sort of thing interests you.

http://www.german-cuisine.com/

Very good. Dad and I have been in there for Saturday lunch. Very authentic-feeling food and atmosphere.

Meats are great. Huge variety. I remember getting some tongue cold cut, some blood cold cut, and johnny-in-the-sack (a truly old-fsahioned lunch meat). They also have big loaves of house-made goetta, though I didn't get any of that.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 17 of 108, messages 481 to 510 of 3220

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 7 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com