AnsweredHot!WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat)

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 25 of 110
Author
westsider12
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 131
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/15 11:04:42 (permalink)
Can anyone clue me in to a good sub joint that is not a chain? I enjoy Jimmy John's and Jersey Mike's and wish all Subway's would go out of business, but am looking for a good local place (hopefully one downtown that I have overlooked) - thoughts?
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4596
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/15 11:43:22 (permalink)
westsider: There are a few you should look into - one a chain, one a local chain, the others not.

The chain:
NY NY Deli http://www.newyorksubs.com
on Sycamore between 4th and 5th
Kinda expensive, choice of white or wheat roll is nice, meatball hoagie is phenomenal

The overrated local favorite
Izzy's http://www.izzys.com/
Many people rave about this place. I'm not one of them.

The contender:
Silvergades http://search.cityguide.aol.com/cincinnati/restaurants/silverglades/v-115869036
At the Corner of 8th and Sycamore
Good prices, outstanding quality sandwiches made to order as you wait

The "gourmet" little guy
Fred and Gari's http://www.citybeat.com/gyrobase/Restaurant/RestaurantListing?restaurant=Fred%20and%20Gari's
on Vine between 5th and 6th
The emphasis here is on fresh meats roasted in house daily, but they also make a very good pizza and some decent soups and some great pies. Limited selection, somewhat pricey, caryout only

The new guy/gal:
Cafe Barista http://www.gototown.com/cgi-bin/listestab.cgi?est_id=852
Corner of 4th and Plum
Only been there once, had a solidly good but not great italian hoagie, am planning return visits. Sandwiches are made to order while you wait.

There is a butcher that serves sandwiches and does a grill out on the sidwalk when the weather is good, this is on Court Street, haven't tried it yet either, and I cannot remember the name at the moment. They advertise pretty much every week in the Downtowner.

The bottom line, though, is that I have not found any truly great deli in Cincinnati, and suspect I'll need to traipse over to Finlay Market (well beyond lunch range) to find one

Finally: you wouldn't happen to work for 5th 3rd, would you?

westsider12
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 131
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/15 13:14:24 (permalink)
I've been to NYNY - I liked it better when it was Lazy Gourmet. Food is good but I'm still paying off my last lunch there.

I also don't know what people see in Izzy's - if they doubled the meat on their sandwiches, it might be a good deal.

I've heard others rave about Silverglades - I'll be sure to check it out. Never knew where it was. Thanks for the info and yes I do work for the fraction.
quote:
Originally posted by TJ Jackson

westsider: There are a few you should look into - one a chain, one a local chain, the others not.

The chain:
NY NY Deli http://www.newyorksubs.com
on Sycamore between 4th and 5th
Kinda expensive, choice of white or wheat roll is nice, meatball hoagie is phenomenal

The overrated local favorite
Izzy's http://www.izzys.com/
Many people rave about this place. I'm not one of them.

The contender:
Silvergades http://search.cityguide.aol.com/cincinnati/restaurants/silverglades/v-115869036
At the Corner of 8th and Sycamore
Good prices, outstanding quality sandwiches made to order as you wait

The "gourmet" little guy
Fred and Gari's http://www.citybeat.com/gyrobase/Restaurant/RestaurantListing?restaurant=Fred%20and%20Gari's
on Vine between 5th and 6th
The emphasis here is on fresh meats roasted in house daily, but they also make a very good pizza and some decent soups and some great pies. Limited selection, somewhat pricey, caryout only

The new guy/gal:
Cafe Barista http://www.gototown.com/cgi-bin/listestab.cgi?est_id=852
Corner of 4th and Plum
Only been there once, had a solidly good but not great italian hoagie, am planning return visits. Sandwiches are made to order while you wait.

There is a butcher that serves sandwiches and does a grill out on the sidwalk when the weather is good, this is on Court Street, haven't tried it yet either, and I cannot remember the name at the moment. They advertise pretty much every week in the Downtowner.

The bottom line, though, is that I have not found any truly great deli in Cincinnati, and suspect I'll need to traipse over to Finlay Market (well beyond lunch range) to find one

Finally: you wouldn't happen to work for 5th 3rd, would you?

jjjrfoodie
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 422
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/16 21:13:47 (permalink)
quote:

Avril's Meats is what you are thinking of. Near the corner of Court and Walnut on the south side of Court when you go west from the corner.

Great butcher offering all sorts of goodies not found except in the little mkts.

jjjrfoodie
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/18 11:55:40 (permalink)
I think that's correct.

In other news, although probably not all that new, the high-priced Thai restauant that took the spot vacated by Longhorn Steaks on Walnut between 7th and 8th has closed, and it looks like it is beign re-opened as a Chinese joint. I'm cautiously optimistic.....haven't found really good chinese downtwn yet
timmmahhhh
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 17
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/19 01:38:29 (permalink)
Cincinnati -- chili town. Skyline Chili has to be one of the best cheap eat chains around. A zillion of them in Cincinnati, thought the one in Indianapolis is very popular.

Love this city, wish I have been to more restaurants here. Downtown Redfish is good. If you like pub places Richardson's is a cute moden building that looks old across from the new theater I don't recall the name of.

I hear a LOT about a place in the suburbs: Golden Lamb in Lebanon. I worked in New Lebanon (near Dayton) and kept hearing about this place, and when I mentioned it I was told about it.

With all of its Greman heritage I would think to have seen a good Greman place but I can't think of one. Maybe someone will have some ideas?!
Sandy Thruthegarden
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 624
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/19 08:29:34 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by timmmahhhh

Cincinnati -- chili town. Skyline Chili has to be one of the best cheap eat chains around. A zillion of them in Cincinnati, thought the one in Indianapolis is very popular.

Love this city, wish I have been to more restaurants here. Downtown Redfish is good. If you like pub places Richardson's is a cute moden building that looks old across from the new theater I don't recall the name of.

I hear a LOT about a place in the suburbs: Golden Lamb in Lebanon. I worked in New Lebanon (near Dayton) and kept hearing about this place, and when I mentioned it I was told about it.

With all of its Greman heritage I would think to have seen a good Greman place but I can't think of one. Maybe someone will have some ideas?!

Hi, tim3ah4 -

Skyline is indeed popular but not everyone in the Cincinnati area considers it to be the best. Non-chain places like Camp Washington chili and Blue Ash chili are often preferred.

Redfish in Cincinnati closed abruptly in August, 2006.

Golden Lamb is a venerable old inn. Food has sometimes been uneven. Now, I believe, it is under new management. Here's a link:

http://www.goldenlamb.com/

German restaurants here have folded as they have across the country.
I believe the Black Forest still exists in Pisgah, OH, north of Cincinnati. We enjoyed that place in the '80s when it was on Colerain but we only went once after they moved so far away. Don't know what the quality is like now.
dlawson
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 249
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/19 10:42:32 (permalink)
The Black Forest is still there. I have only been twice, with the most recent visit being just before Thanksgiving of last year. My sister lives a couple of miles away, so I pass it on a regular basis. I personally am not a fan of the restaurant, or perhaps of German food in general; much like Lenhardt's in Clifton (which is German/Hungarian cuisine), offerings are very bland, and everything seems targeted to an older crowd. I find both places to be very dull dining experiences in every aspect.

As for the "pub place" downtown, you are thinking of Nicholson's, one of DeSha's places that I do enjoy.
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/23 13:11:50 (permalink)
I stopped into McCormick and Scmick's again today, finally deciding to try the burger and fries that are available for 1.95 on the special bar menu (you have to buy two drinks, and can only get this special during very limited hours). Ok, yeah, it is a seafood restaurant, but for 9 bucks, it has to be a pretty good burger, right?

No, apparently not.

The patty is wide, thinner than one might expect for a -oz "cooked to order" burger. They'll ask you how you want it cooked, but my medium rare came out somewhere between medium and medium well, with very little juicyness, verging on dry. The nice looking but very light bun did not hold up well to the sandwich, crumbling way as I ate. The burger has a chemical-ly charcoal grilled taste not unlike a burger king whopper, ie it did not seem like a legitimate charbroil or flame grill. The lettuce requested was missing. The fries included were skin on but old and limp, not even as good as those served at Wendy's for under a buck.

I'll be back for some seafood when I save up enough to go in there, but the burger? Never again.....unless I can get it for 1.95

On the plus side, they did not charge extra for an added slice of cheese nor for grilled onions.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13526
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/23 14:34:42 (permalink)
I had a very good burger at Zola's in Covington this past Friday night. They were having a festival there and it was super but the burger at Zola's had a superior taste. More like a great steak.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/23 19:46:34 (permalink)
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:44 PM
To: 'lsalzarulo@cincinnatichamber.com'
Cc: 'coxley@cincinnatichamber.com'; 'chooven@cincinnatichamber.com'
Subject: This years[url='http://www.taste-of-cincinnati.com/bestoftaste.asp']Taste of Cincinnati[/url] is a TRAVESTY

Pretty much everyone I have spoken with about this agrees that it is Ok that you allow chain restaurants to offer the fare at the Taste, but it is a TRAVESTY to allow a non-local restaurant, and even more particularly a CHAIN restaurant, to win an award.

It is as if you folks have decided we here in Cincinnati have nothing good and unique to offer. Come and try our best, by God - Red Lobster, Arby's, and Applebee's. We can't do any better. We have no culinary identity of our own.

Frankly, this has made our city a laughingstock in the eyes of not only the foodie community but anyone who reads about the awards.

It's too late for this year - you've done all the damage you could already for 2007 - but for next year, you might want to get enough of a clue to ONLY consider local restaurants offerings for awards.

After all - it's called Taste of CINCINNATI

Let's get the CINCINNATI back into the Taste of Cincinnati.

Plan B: change the name of the Festival to "Taste of National Chains"

Sincerely,

Tom Jackson
Cincinnati, Ohio
soozycue520
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1032
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/23 23:42:44 (permalink)
quote:

I stopped into McCormick and Scmick's again today, finally deciding to try the burger and fries that are available for 1.95 on the special bar menu (you have to buy two drinks, and can only get this special during very limited hours). Ok, yeah, it is a seafood restaurant, but for 9 bucks, it has to be a pretty good burger, right?

No, apparently not.

The patty is wide, thinner than one might expect for a -oz "cooked to order" burger. They'll ask you how you want it cooked, but my medium rare came out somewhere between medium and medium well, with very little juicyness, verging on dry. The nice looking but very light bun did not hold up well to the sandwich, crumbling way as I ate. The burger has a chemical-ly charcoal grilled taste not unlike a burger king whopper, ie it did not seem like a legitimate charbroil or flame grill. The lettuce requested was missing. The fries included were skin on but old and limp, not even as good as those served at Wendy's for under a buck.

I'll be back for some seafood when I save up enough to go in there, but the burger? Never again.....unless I can get it for 1.95

On the plus side, they did not charge extra for an added slice of cheese nor for grilled onions.

I am "on vacation" {not working this week}, and thought I might stop in for McCormick & Schmick's happy hour. I didn't, and after your review, I am glad I didn't.

I would have stopped in, for the two drink minimum, and the $1.95 burger. I didn't, because I am a "social" smoker {only smoking when I drink, and, tonight, drinking was my objective}.

I, instead, when to Arnie's on the Levee {the one that used to be the non-smoking jazz club}. They had a FABULOUS selection of half-priced appetizers from 5-7pm. The menu has just changed today, according to my bartender. I had the reuben eggrolls and the chorizo stuffed mushrooms, which were more than a meal for me.

The bartender informed me that not all the appetizers were half priced, but the selection now includes mussels, crab cakes, and shrimp cocktail. I did not get a chance to ask which appetizers were not included, but my mushrooms and eggrolls were both $3.50 a piece.

I am glad that my "smoking" choice landed me across the river this evening {except for the fact that I might have met TJ}.
soozycue520
  • Total Posts : 1032
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/24 00:01:58 (permalink)
quote:

Subject: This years[url='http://www.taste-of-cincinnati.com/bestoftaste.asp']Taste of Cincinnati[/url] is a TRAVESTY

Pretty much everyone I have spoken with about this agrees that it is Ok that you allow chain restaurants to offer the fare at the Taste, but it is a TRAVESTY to allow a non-local restaurant, and even more particularly a CHAIN restaurant, to win an award.

It is as if you folks have decided we here in Cincinnati have nothing good and unique to offer. Come and try our best, by God - Red Lobster, Arby's, and Applebee's. We can't do any better. We have no culinary identity of our own.

Frankly, this has made our city a laughingstock in the eyes of not only the foodie community but anyone who reads about the awards.

It's too late for this year - you've done all the damage you could already for 2007 - but for next year, you might want to get enough of a clue to ONLY consider local restaurants offerings for awards.

Sincerely,

Tom Jackson
Cincinnati, Ohio

TJ~

I agree with you completely, and what you said needed to be said.

I have been going to Taste of Cincinnati since it was on Court Street, only a year or two after it began. Back then, it was such a small {AND GREAT} little gathering of people that enjoyed food!!!

I believe it has become a circus and a farce. But I will still go, and enjoy some of the great food Cincinnati has to offer, although it is not all Cincy "authentic".

There are still some places that have good food that are not acknowledged by the "Taste of Cincy judges".

Here is the link to this year's food:
http://www.taste-of-cincinnati.com/tastemenu.asp

EDIT~
This is the best thing to try at the Taste~

Laszlo's Iron Skillet - 710
Hungarian Pork Goulash w/Spatzles 5.00
Hungarian Steak on Bun 4.00
Cabbage Roll 3.00
Italian Schnitzel 3.00
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/24 00:59:44 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by soozycue520
I am glad that my "smoking" choice landed me across the river this evening {except for the fact that I might have met TJ}.

Well, some of the other bar menu items are stuff like mussels, something I don't care for but I know a bunch of other folks love....maybe stop in for those sometime.

I'm not going to let this hamburger stop me from trying a seafood item, even if it is just their 8.70 fried fish sandwich. I fully recognize the hazard of eating 'against the grain' of a restaraunt, ala a downscale beef item at an upscale seafood joint. I blame myself :-)

Speaking of Newport, I need to get over there for that slice joint. They have weird hours, something like 11-3 then 6-midnight. I always roll there to pick up my youngest between 4 and 6, depending on the days work activities, so it is for all intents and purposes always closed to me
jmckee
  • Total Posts : 1188
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/24 11:24:31 (permalink)
quote:

Sincerely,

Tom Jackson
Cincinnati, Ohio

POWER TO THE ROADFOOD PEOPLE! WE SHALL OVERCOME!

Nice letter, Tom. And badly needed.
CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6474
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/24 13:39:16 (permalink)
TJ

When I managed the OG in florence, we used to have a stand at TofC, I always wondered WTF is OG doing at an event designed around the eateries of a city.

I loved your email, I look forward to hearing their response.

TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/24 13:55:06 (permalink)
I rather doubt I will get a response.....I was rather rude. :-)

Thanks all - now go write your own irte email :-) I included the email addresses from their site purposefully.
Alco251
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 74
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/24 16:30:29 (permalink)
quote:
Speaking of Newport, I need to get over there for that slice joint. They have weird hours, something like 11-3 then 6-midnight. I always roll there to pick up my youngest between 4 and 6, depending on the days work activities, so it is for all intents and purposes always closed to me

I missed this thread, where is this slice joint of which you speak?
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/24 17:09:05 (permalink)
It's right across from the courthouse building - Michaelangelo's

Have you been lurking all this time, Alco? Haven't seen you (or wallyum) posting in a while
jjjrfoodie
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 422
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/24 18:38:28 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by CajunKing

TJ

...we used to have a stand at TofC, I always wondered WTF is OG doing at an event designed around the eateries of a city.

I made it to MayFest last Saturday evening over in Covington. I have two VERY un dventerous eater freinds (one 43 and one 26) that head immediately for the LaRosa's booth at any given festival. They keep the chain vendors to fill in the unfamiliarity gaps, but said chains should not be the mainstay nor the focus IMHO like TJ states.

Meanwhile at MayFest I had a Goetta sammich with grilled onions and split a curry type chicken on a stick from a Washington DC vendor that was very very good. Then again, i eat most anything.

jjjrfoodie

TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/30 09:57:24 (permalink)
Turns out the Downtowner now has an online edition, so I can now give you a link to the article on the very excellent "Tom's Pot Pies" - including pictures!

http://www.pulsedt.com/blogs/default.asp?Display=194

The small pies you see on the tray are 2.25 and your choice of chicken, broccoli alfredo, cherry, or apple walnut crisp. I believe the ones shown are the broccoli alfredo.

The large pie (5.95) the owner is presenting is the regular chicken pie. For now, thats the only pie he sells in that size, although I bet you could call ahead early to get a large broccoli
UCmba97
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 15
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/30 10:43:40 (permalink)
Hey all, I'm new to the forum, but not to Cincy. A career move has taken me away, but I get back at least once a year, and WOW do I have al ist of must eat food when I arrive.
#1 - Richards Steak Sandwich. Located in Fairfield and Hamilton (I know not truly Cincy, but well worth the drive). They come with onions pickles and special sause, but also good with mushrooms, cheese and pizza sause too.
#2 - La Dolce Vita wine from Vinoklet in Old Colerain (out past Rumpkee I-275 north on Colerain Ave), dinner there is tasty too and a great experience (romantic too).
#3 - Greaters Ice Cream.
#4 - Camp Washington Chili - 4 way bean! add hot sause!
from here on down the list there are alot of ties and never enough days to get to it all.
I agree the Taste of Cinti shouldn't have chains as award winners, except in maybe a chain only category.

Ang
TJ Jackson
Filet Mignon
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/30 15:45:06 (permalink)
UCMBA: welcome to roadfood :-)

All: Graeter's is coming back to downtown Cincinnati, specifically to Fountain Square
http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20206
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 535
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/05/31 22:48:45 (permalink)
Hi guys and gals. I've come across this site a couple of times, and finally decided to sign up. I'm a Chicago transplant who's been living in Cincinnati for quite a while, and I still require a fix of Chicago food.

Thanks to all for the info on local restaurants, and the tips on the hot dog and pizza places on the north side will come in handy (although I see the West Chester Rosati's is already closed).

A couple of observations about posts on here:

--RIP Portobello's, Patoshnicks, and P.J.'s. I live in Clermont Co. and work on Court Street, and had to get to PJ's once in a while to curb my carnal hot dog craving. I'll have to try the chicken place that's in Patoschnik's place.
--I also miss the Square Bubble in Anderson Twp. Wasn't there long, was more of a bar, but that place made a killer sandwich.
--The NY NY place you guys were talking about: There's a place in Mount Washington that has the same name, and it sounds like it's the same chain. Overpriced and so-so food was my first impression.
--Chicago Gyros in Clifton has the best gyros in the city in my opinion. And no, the name of the place hasn't biased me :)
--I really like Nicky's Pizza in Hebron. It's New York style, but I have to eat something other than deep dish once in a while ;)
--Skipper's in Oxford is the only Vienna hot dog stand left with PJ's gone, and I go there in the winter before Miami hockey games. Great dogs, OK Italian beef.
--I'm with you guys on the Taste of Cincinnati. I like offering a discount to local diners. I really do like Carrabba's though, and I don't doubt that was some of the best Italian there. My objections to the Taste were the new location and the lower number of booths. Dewey's is one place I always used to hit, and I know there were one or two others missing from last year.

--
tpd
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 52
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/06/01 21:19:24 (permalink)
Hey Bonk... Make sure to check out the last few pages of the topic for posts on Hotdoginit on Montgomery Rd. They are almost exclusively Vienna Beef (I think their Polish or Italian might be a different brand). I don't pretend to be an expert but I have enjoyed my two stops there. I haven't tried the Italian Beef or Sausage (or combo) but the dogs and especially the Hot Polish Maxwell St. Style hit the spot. And they have a frequent eaters card if you get addicted.
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/06/02 20:08:28 (permalink)
Just went there for the first time today. Got a dog and an Italian beef. Girlfriend got the cheese fries and a dog.

Dog was outstanding, beef was very good. I'm picky about Italian beef, but this one definitely passed my test.

Tried the cheese fries, which were absolutely loaded with cheese, and they were great as well.

I highly recommend it to any transplant Chicagoans.
Alco251
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 74
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/06/02 23:26:17 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by tpd

Hey Bonk... Make sure to check out the last few pages of the topic for posts on Hotdoginit on Montgomery Rd. They are almost exclusively Vienna Beef (I think their Polish or Italian might be a different brand). I don't pretend to be an expert but I have enjoyed my two stops there. I haven't tried the Italian Beef or Sausage (or combo) but the dogs and especially the Hot Polish Maxwell St. Style hit the spot. And they have a frequent eaters card if you get addicted.

The people running Hotdoginit are the same ones who ran Queenie's Weenies across I-75 from the GE plant in Lincoln Heights (the sign is still there) back in the early 90's. When they retired from their 'day jobs' they decided to give the Chicago Dog business another go.
Suburban Dad
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 38
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/06/03 23:28:21 (permalink)
after reading a few post above, i had to stop late last night and pick up a richards steak sandwich. I hadn't had one of these in 10+yrs. I can't let it be that long again. This was truly a great sandwhich for $5-$6. I know everyone has their preference, but I had the steak with original sauce, cheese, pickles, onioins and banana peppers. Since I stopped by the original location on Dixie highway and was so close, I also had to stop and grab a small Chester's pizza. While the pizza was decent(like the cheese and crust, didn't think there was much to the sauce), I absolutely LOVE the steak hoagie. Well now that 2 of my 3 hamilton-fairfield must tries have been accomplished in one night, the next quest is Millio's pizza. By the way, anyone try the new Mongolia BBQ place in Mason called Mongo's. Saw Cincy Beat did a write-up on it.
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/06/04 17:09:34 (permalink)
Thanks for the info on Mongo's. Sounds like a place I'd like to check out, and the owner said he's going to open three more in the next 18 months in the tri-state.

A BD's Mongolian joint is opening soon in Mason as well. I went to one in Columbus earlier this year, and the food was outstanding. It sounds like the set-up is about the same at Mongo's, where you put all of the raw food in a bowl and they cook it in front of you on a huge circular surface unit.

The BD's in Columbus was about $15 for all you could eat, and it was well worth it.
Suburban Dad
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 38
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2007/06/04 20:39:51 (permalink)
Yeah..BDs is opening on Mason Montgomery Rd by the beast that is the Wal Mart Supercenter. Another place I am wanting to try is Cheezburger Cafe which is located where the old Ben & Jerry's Ice cream place was on Montogomery road(across the lot from HotDogginIt). The place is owned by the same people who own Skip's Deli.
Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 25 of 110
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1