AnsweredHot!WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat)

Page: << < ..6162636465.. > >> Showing page 63 of 111
Author
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 547
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/06 22:36:48 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Euched

quote:
Originally posted by Bonk

quote:
Originally posted by johnbycz

My wife and I have been doing the South Beach thing, and in the middle of all this dieting I've had a craving for two things: really good pizza and a really good Chinese buffet. The pizza thing I took care of last weekend, but the buffet jones is still there.

I think 95% of Chinese buffets are just terrible. Just read the local restaurant inspection notices if you need proof. Too much food that sits around too long. But when you find a good one ...

So, any recommendations out there? I live on the East Side, but that doesn't matter. I used to like House of Sun downtown -- not large and the food was usually very fresh -- but that closed a while back, and it's certainly not a gold standard.

I like Rong Tan's on Ohio 125 just east of I-275, but I'm not sure if that's up to your standards.

When I lived on the east side of town I used to love going to Rong Tan's. Their food is pretty good for a buffet in my opinion and they at least used to have good bands playing on Friday/Saturday nights...

Pretty good for a buffet is a good way to describe Rong Tan's. Price isn't bad either.
wesleyman
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 58
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/07 22:07:18 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by soozycue520

I went to J & J restaurant on Glenway Ave. today for breakfast. It's in the strip mall next to Kroger, across from the Plaza. It was my first time there, and at a little before 11:00am, there was a wait for a table. Not a long wait, but a good sign. As we ate, a group of policemen came in. Another good sign. The whole time we were there, people were waiting for tables.

My cousin & I both ordered the standard eggs {OE & OM}, bacon, potatoes & toast. I asked for my potatoes with onions & cheese. The waitress recommended that we share potatoes and she was so right on the money. It was a full plate of homemade home fries with cheese on the bottom AND top. It actually almost looked like a 3-way coming out of the kitchen. They were very, very good & definitely enough for two. The eggs & bacon were cooked perfectly and they ask you whether you want your toast buttered or not, another plus.

We were watching HUGE double deckers coming out of the kitchen, as well. Definitely worth a return trip.

I didn't have my camera, but here is a link to a review from the westside foodie wannabe blog:

http://foodiewannabes.blogspot.com/2008/11/j-j-restaurant.html

J & J Restaurant
6159 Glenway Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45211
(513) 661-2260

J&Js is one of my most favorite places on earth. I grew up on the west side and ate here with my father very frequently. Friday eveneings. after soccer games. Saturday for brunch. Dad always had the chef salad and a beef and ham double "for the next day" which always was somehow gone by the next day. Now this was well over 20 years ago. after having moved to the east side, Demitrios 4 came to be the stand in for J&Js, but as soon as i could drive Id start making semi annual trips to the east side (which many of my east side buddies call "France") to get a burger, or double decker or coney or in memory of my pop a chef salad. while my wife and i were still dating we began an annual trek out. Up until that new Kroger was built forcing the move to that strip center, the inside of that place had not changed a single bit in over 30 years. if the waitresses from when i was a kid were not old when i was a kid, Id swear the waitresses were even the same. the new digs are OK, kinda like a skyline inside. last time i was out they still had the same old metal hand cash register that had made the move. More importantly, those double deckers are just as huge and delicious. the burgers are tasty, typical diner fare. the cincinnati chili is a hidden jem, up there with the absolute best in town. and the fries, with a mountain of cheese of course are more than incredible. oh the breakfasts are fantastic as well. Im not surprised you waited for a table. I think Bridgetowners think of this place as a second home and pack it regularly. a hidden, must try cincinnati greasy spoon/diner landmark.

watch out though as the joint closes for a week every year in the summer for vacation...
johnbycz
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 26
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/09 12:24:18 (permalink)
I ate there Sunday afternoon. I grade it a C+, meaning I'm willing to give it another shot. Not a large buffet; there was one steam table of appetizers/soup and another of entrees/rice. The problem was there were only three other guys in the restaurant at the time, so the pickings on the buffet were pretty slim -- and dried out and tough. A nice woman who I assumed was the owner said they'd replenish anything I wanted. I helped myself to soup, Mongolian pork and sesame chicken, and asked for pepper beef. What I had was pretty tasty. I give them points for mixing up the selection -- at too many Chinese buffets, the chicken dishes outnumber beef/pork/other by about 6 to 1. They lose points for appetizers. Everything was fried. Next time I'll pick a better time and day to go, and we'll see what it's like when it's busy.
quote:

quote:

quote:

My wife and I have been doing the South Beach thing, and in the middle of all this dieting I've had a craving for two things: really good pizza and a really good Chinese buffet. The pizza thing I took care of last weekend, but the buffet jones is still there.

I think 95% of Chinese buffets are just terrible. Just read the local restaurant inspection notices if you need proof. Too much food that sits around too long. But when you find a good one ...

So, any recommendations out there? I live on the East Side, but that doesn't matter. I used to like House of Sun downtown -- not large and the food was usually very fresh -- but that closed a while back, and it's certainly not a gold standard.

I like Rong Tan's on Ohio 125 just east of I-275, but I'm not sure if that's up to your standards.

When I lived on the east side of town I used to love going to Rong Tan's. Their food is pretty good for a buffet in my opinion and they at least used to have good bands playing on Friday/Saturday nights...

jjjrfoodie
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 422
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/09 12:40:00 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Sandy Thruthegarden

This is more "fine dining" than road food, although Polly Campbell praised the burgers. I'm referring to the Edgecliff Room in Walnut Hills, in the Edgecliff Condominiums.

Sandy, I've eaten here more than a half dozen times but haven't been there in over a year or so. The many meals I had while eating there seems to be adequate, but nothing over the top, especially for the price. I usually stuck to burgers or salmon, and to this day can't say anything stood out in my mind as being exceptional. The view is great and location is great for summer nites, which is when I usually went.

Walnut Hills/Eden Park/O'Brianville is a fickle area for diners. The residents of the Edgecliff expect high end dining, but then complain about prices being too high and out of line. Same problems that drove J's Seafood rest. out of the highrise on Madison and ultimately has spelled the end of every rest. in that location.

Seems the tapas's restaurant just up Madison has good food which is a sore spot for the Edgecliff restaurant. Edgecliff is a very nice environment with a great view, but the food is nothing beyond what I could find at 20 other places within 5 miles. It just tries to be all things to all people and fails as a result.

jjjrfoodie.
soozycue520
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1032
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/09 12:54:40 (permalink)
quote:

This is more "fine dining" than road food, although Polly Campbell praised the burgers. I'm referring to the Edgecliff Room in Walnut Hills, in the Edgecliff Condominiums. I met some friends for dinner there yesterday evening. It was explained that it is in the JeanRo group but Jean Robert doesn't own or manage it. Without going into detail, almost everything was disappointing. None of us had a burger so that may be their best offering. It's pretty expensive, making the food even more disappointing. A miniscule "loaf" of hard, overbaked bread, served with a miniscule amount of hard, cold butter, started the meal. Only 4 appetizers on the menu and none sounded appealing. My filet was good but not oustanding. My friend's stuffed chicken entree was tasteless. Every entree was served with tough broccoli. Service was slow and sporadic. One dessert was inaccurately described and the pastry shell was tough to cut. My Pot de Creme was good but Polly liked it better than I did.

There is a deck overlooking the Ohio River that my friend says is a great place to go for a drink in warm weather. And, indeed, I would love to sit out there for a drink...before or after dinner somewhere else.

I ate at the Edgecliff about a month or so ago. They must change their menu regularly, because there was no filet on the menu {it was a short menu}. I had a strip steak with a baked potato & asparagus. It was nothing that stood out, but not bad. It was @$22, but it was a huge steak. My friend had a veal entree that had a fabulous sauce, but she thought it was tough. We also shared a goat cheese salad that was the best thing we had that evening, and it was really good.

There has been some speculation about what is going on with the Jean Robert Group. The Edgecliff is being run by Martin Wade, not the JRG. Lavomatic has changed all of their staff, and apparently it had nothing to do with Jean Robert.

So you can't blame your "bad experience" on Jean Robert. He doesn't have a hand in the Edgecliff. Although my experience was not stellar, it was not as bad as yours. It's too bad that Martin Wade is riding on JR's coattails and not living up to the reputation.
soozycue520
  • Total Posts : 1032
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/09 13:00:34 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by jjjrfoodie

Seems the tapas's restaurant just up Madison has good food which is a sore spot for the Edgecliff restaurant.

jjjrfoodie.

Seny, the tapas restaurant has closed.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=blog14&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a1921648a-c77d-4218-b8c1-5af7ab309046Post%3ac013b406-9304-45d1-be12-4bd171fc78c7&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/09 17:29:14 (permalink)
quote:

I ate there Sunday afternoon. I grade it a C+, meaning I'm willing to give it another shot. Not a large buffet; there was one steam table of appetizers/soup and another of entrees/rice. The problem was there were only three other guys in the restaurant at the time, so the pickings on the buffet were pretty slim -- and dried out and tough. A nice woman who I assumed was the owner said they'd replenish anything I wanted. I helped myself to soup, Mongolian pork and sesame chicken, and asked for pepper beef. What I had was pretty tasty. I give them points for mixing up the selection -- at too many Chinese buffets, the chicken dishes outnumber beef/pork/other by about 6 to 1. They lose points for appetizers. Everything was fried. Next time I'll pick a better time and day to go, and we'll see what it's like when it's busy.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Give it a shot on a weekend night and you'll probably enjoy it a lot more.
Earl of Sandwich
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 600
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/12 06:46:18 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by NYPIzzaNut

quote:

I don't know any places north of Cross County but I really like Song Long in Roselawn... They have been open for at least 20yrs and their Vietnamese and Chinese food is very tasty... They are right by the corner of Section Rd and Reading Rd and across the street from the post office.
I simply love Song Long - I have been eating there for years and my favorite items are

LV4. Bun Bo Hue Soup

Our spicy lemongrass and beef broth with round rice noodles and sliced beef. (You can get your spice level from 1-10)

and

Goi Cuon (2 cold spring shrimp rolls)

They have many items on their menu that are great but I just fell in love with these two. And they are more than a meal - the soup bowl is HUGE!

Here is a link to part of their lunch menu (the prices may be out of date I think) from menuism.com:

http://www.menuism.com/restaurants/bOiW90PjCr25QMabBlKsEs-song-long-restaurant-cincinnati-oh#the-menu

Doing some research on Cincy area because I'm gonna be coming up for a visit next week or two. What a surprise to read that Song Long's is still open. I used to have an office in the litle shopping center ( the original shopping center in Cincy as I recall) on corner of Reading and theother main road (can't remember the name) and used to eat at Song Long's all the time. Also used to walk down to another shopping center to a wonderful deli shop which I'm sure is gone.
sudie
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 236
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/12 08:48:13 (permalink)
We had another great dinner at New Orleans to Go on Wednesday. I had the glazed tilapia 1/2 sandwich with gumbo and my husband had a shrimp sandwich. Both were delightfully spicy and prepared on the spot. The bread is excellent, reminiscent of that used for muffeletas at Central Grocery, albeit a different shape. The half sandwiches are huge...can't imagine downing a whole one. My gumbo was delightfully spicy and generous with chicken and sausage. We were the only customers in the place, sad to say. We asked after the owner who is nearing the end of a difficult pregnancy, and her mom said she was doing much better and was working most mornings. She did mention that it's wise to call, as the hours can be irregular, due to the owner's health. I want to go back again soon, although it's a haul from Anderson. So many other menu items looked intriguing, and many were new since our last visit. I urge all of us to keep patronizing this little gem; I'd be so sad if it ever closed.
Euched
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 35
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/12 09:08:51 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Earl of Sandwich
Doing some research on Cincy area because I'm gonna be coming up for a visit next week or two. What a surprise to read that Song Long's is still open. I used to have an office in the litle shopping center ( the original shopping center in Cincy as I recall) on corner of Reading and theother main road (can't remember the name) and used to eat at Song Long's all the time. Also used to walk down to another shopping center to a wonderful deli shop which I'm sure is gone.

Yes... The intersection there is Section Rd. and Reading Rd. and that little strip with Song Long still has a couple places in it that have been there forever, but I believe there are quite a few empty places there now if I remember correctly from my last trip to Song Long. The other strip was The Valley Shopping Center and the bagel store there that I am guessing is the deli you used to go to there is long gone. I am not even sure what is at the Valley now. The last time I checked the barber shop that was at the Valley is still there, but that was the only place besides the pharmacy that has been there forever that I remembered from being there before...maybe the library, but I am not even sure that is still there.
jjjrfoodie
Cheeseburger
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/12 18:21:21 (permalink)
I made it over to Pasquale's in Bellevue, KY late on Tuesday.
Medium pie with 1/2 pepperoni and 1/2 Italian sausage to go.

Brought back a ton of memories as I've not eaten a Pasquale's pizza in over 2 decades. Nice and clean place with a huge menu. Nice owner and very propmt and courteous service. Sauce was spot-on althought the crust is baked with a slight olive oil brushing, which I thought the older ones were not and done like a LaRosas traditional crust.

Tis a shame there are so few of them left in the area. I'll be back to try more of the menu as it is near Newport on the Levee and the Party Source and I am down that way often.

jjjrfoodie
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3151
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/12 23:39:31 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't know any places north of Cross County but I really like Song Long in Roselawn... They have been open for at least 20yrs and their Vietnamese and Chinese food is very tasty... They are right by the corner of Section Rd and Reading Rd and across the street from the post office.
I simply love Song Long - I have been eating there for years and my favorite items are

LV4. Bun Bo Hue Soup

Our spicy lemongrass and beef broth with round rice noodles and sliced beef. (You can get your spice level from 1-10)

and

Goi Cuon (2 cold spring shrimp rolls)

They have many items on their menu that are great but I just fell in love with these two. And they are more than a meal - the soup bowl is HUGE!

Here is a link to part of their lunch menu (the prices may be out of date I think) from menuism.com:

http://www.menuism.com/restaurants/bOiW90PjCr25QMabBlKsEs-song-long-restaurant-cincinnati-oh#the-menu

On Reading Rd just north of Section on the left in a small strip center next to a car wash there was until recently a Russian deli and grocery that sold the finest mushroom salad (from Chicago) I ever tasted. They were robbed once too often and closed shop and may have moved somewhere north of Roselawn but I am have trouble finding them - anyone know their whereabouts? Their name was Yummie Yummie.

Here is a comment on them from 2002:

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/121019

There's an excellent Russian deli at 7523 Reading Road in Roselawn called Yummie Yummie. The tortes, which they told me they ship in from New York, are the most wonderful, complex creations I've ever seen. Great rye bread from Chicago, too.

Permalink | Reply

CincyChowhound Sep 22, 2002 07:54PM
Alco251
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 74
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/13 00:31:21 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

Yes... The intersection there is Section Rd. and Reading Rd. and that little strip with Song Long still has a couple places in it that have been there forever, but I believe there are quite a few empty places there now if I remember correctly from my last trip to Song Long. The other strip was The Valley Shopping Center and the bagel store there that I am guessing is the deli you used to go to there is long gone. I am not even sure what is at the Valley now. The last time I checked the barber shop that was at the Valley is still there, but that was the only place besides the pharmacy that has been there forever that I remembered from being there before...maybe the library, but I am not even sure that is still there.

The deli you remember was Bilkers Fine Foods, which was sort of across Reading Road from Marx Hot Bagels. Like them, they moved to Blue Ash in the mid-90s as the neighborhood declined. Bilkers still does a very healthy business, but now on Kenwood Road north of Cooper.
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/13 00:33:37 (permalink)
Bilkers closed about a year ago.
Alco251
Hamburger
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/13 00:41:13 (permalink)
quote:

Bilkers closed about a year ago.

That's what I get for being out of town for a year. 8-)

I should have fact checked, about half my regular haunts have closed or declined since I left.
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/13 01:08:06 (permalink)
I miss Bilkers. Loved their fresh horseradish and sandwiches and old tyme sodas and much more. I would always stop there after getting my bags of Marx bagels across the street. Marx is still alive and well - Kosher and owned by a Catholic!
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/13 01:21:54 (permalink)
quote:

I made it over to Pasquale's in Bellevue, KY late on Tuesday.
Medium pie with 1/2 pepperoni and 1/2 Italian sausage to go.

Brought back a ton of memories as I've not eaten a Pasquale's pizza in over 2 decades. Nice and clean place with a huge menu. Nice owner and very propmt and courteous service. Sauce was spot-on althought the crust is baked with a slight olive oil brushing, which I thought the older ones were not and done like a LaRosas traditional crust.

Tis a shame there are so few of them left in the area. I'll be back to try more of the menu as it is near Newport on the Levee and the Party Source and I am down that way often.

jjjrfoodie

That looks awesome, but I can't picture where it is.

From the map it looks like it's near the Subway-Burger King across from Party Source. Is that where it's at?

I used to work downtown and went to Party Source all the time. Has it been there a while? I don't know I could've missed it if it was that close to the highway.
Alco251
Hamburger
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/13 01:41:27 (permalink)
quote:

From the map it looks like it's near the Subway-Burger King across from Party Source. Is that where it's at?

I used to work downtown and went to Party Source all the time. Has it been there a while? I don't know I could've missed it if it was that close to the highway.

It is about two blocks east of Burger King at the corner of Fairfield (KY8) and Washington.
Euched
Junior Burger
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/13 04:18:33 (permalink)
quote:

I miss Bilkers. Loved their fresh horseradish and sandwiches and old tyme sodas and much more. I would always stop there after getting my bags of Marx bagels across the street. Marx is still alive and well - Kosher and owned by a Catholic!

Marx is still around, but only in Blue Ash...
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/13 06:25:27 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Alco251

quote:

It is about two blocks east of Burger King at the corner of Fairfield (KY8) and Washington.

That explains why I never saw it.

Thanks a ton -- I'm going to check that out in the next couple of weeks.
Sandy Thruthegarden
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 624
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/13 17:21:09 (permalink)
jjjrfoodie and soozycue,

One of the women I dined with knew that the Edgecliff Room is managed by Martin Wade...she had done some research...so we weren't expecting a Jean Robert experience. We just expected more because of Polly Campbell's review and the prices. I do see myself going back for a salad and a cool glass of Reisling on a summer evening.

In general, our experiences with restaurants that serve as quasi-dining rooms in residences for the mature and monied have been underwhelming. We've also dined at the Prima Vista and the defunct Napa Grille at the Regency in Hyde Park. Both were expensive and mediocre. The menu at Prima Vista lacked excitement. The service at Prima Vista was snooty and stuffy in an old-fashioned Cincinnati way. Service at Napa Grille was downright pretentious. The Edgecliff Room seemed like more of the same. The only exception I can think of was J's Seafood. I have much preferred our group dinners at Honey, Tink's, and the York Street Cafe.

I was sorry to see that Seny closed. It was delightful.

jjr - That pizza looks great. Is that with extra cheese, or is that the standard amount?

jjjrfoodie
Cheeseburger
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/13 19:55:08 (permalink)
quote:

jjjrfoodie and soozycue,

jjr - That pizza looks great. Is that with extra cheese, or is that the standard amount?

Sandy and Bonk, yep the above pizza was just a standard order traditional crust with 1/2 and 1/2. Prices are very reasonable, as I got out the door for $8 or so for that one. Sizes are 6", 10" , 12" and 15". I asked for a medium, so I assume it was the 10 or 12".

TJ needs to give it a try as kids meals are $3.49 and a lot to choose from.

They offer goetta as a pizza topping, and hoagy choices number at 17. That's alot. I'll try and scan the menu or take some pics of it soon.

Just head east on Route 8 past the Party Source and it's about 6 blocks up on your left (river side of the street).

For the price, it's worth a try and will not break the piggy bank.

jjjrfoodie
Sandy Thruthegarden
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 624
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/13 20:09:31 (permalink)
quote:

Sandy and Bonk, yep the above pizza was just a standard order traditional crust with 1/2 and 1/2. Prices are very reasonable, as I got out the door for $8 or so for that one. Sizes are 6", 10" , 12" and 15". I asked for a medium, so I assume it was the 10 or 12".

For the price, it's worth a try and will not break the piggy bank.

jjjrfoodie

This, of course, requires a visit to Bellevue.

Thanks!
Suburban Dad
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 38
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/13 21:26:57 (permalink)
I noticed a small place called New European Deli I believe in an older, small strip center at the end of Wilkens Blvd on Fields Ertel Rd. I think there was an Ameristop station there and maybe a chinese carryout restaurant. Has anyone ever been? What is it like? One thing I think this city lacks is a GOOD DELI. I live in the general area, but had never ever seen this place before.
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/14 00:44:15 (permalink)
Try Decent Deli in Blue Ash. As good as Izzy's used to be like.
brittneal
  • Total Posts : 1265
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/14 01:07:15 (permalink)
Ill 2nd the decent deli. The spud ces are ok when fresh but they can really soak up the grease.
BTW-Im getting sick of all the pizza on the cibci and dayton boards. I now we are deprived here but you can only look at soo much pizza!
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/14 01:18:52 (permalink)
Potato pancakes are always and only best when fresh out of the fryer. No matter what deli you are at.

I could never get sick of pizza living in Ohio because it is a rare treat to find really good pizza in this area.
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/16 10:51:13 (permalink)
I'm officially hooked on Boston Butz in Ross.

We went Saturday, and I had the Boston Burger, which is a double cheeseburger with pulled pork between the patties. Nice hint of smoke, and all the flavors blend together nicely. Heaven on a bun.

We also had the crinkle cut fries with cheese and bacon for an appetizer, and they were awesome. I can't wait to go back.

We walked out stuffed, with leftovers, for $20. The only slight drawback is the service can be a little slow, but the wait is worth it.

Speaking of pizza, we had Hungry Howie's in Oxford on Sunday. Better than most chains, not as good as a Mom and Pop. It was our second time there, and we'll definitely go back.
Euched
Junior Burger
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/16 17:03:46 (permalink)
quote:

Speaking of pizza, we had Hungry Howie's in Oxford on Sunday. Better than most chains, not as good as a Mom and Pop. It was our second time there, and we'll definitely go back.

I used to get their pizza when I lived in Florida... It is OK...their different types of crust were the only thing that really set them apart from any other pizza chain though... Does the location up here also have the different types of crust? I used to get a few different types of crust including: sesame seed and garlic butter.
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
RE: WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 2008/12/16 17:14:20 (permalink)
The only pizza crust I look for is NY style - chewy and crunchy - sesame seed crust????????????????????????
Page: << < ..6162636465.. > >> Showing page 63 of 111
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1