The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)?

Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 6 of 9, messages 151 to 180 of 244
ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Tue, 01/1/13 9:05 AM (permalink)
LOL, CK.........True. As  Packer fan, we should be very afraid of the next coach...

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6230
    Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Tue, 01/1/13 11:28 AM (permalink)
    Lovie was just always a dime short. They gave him a bye last year on Cutler's injury but this year the late season dive was unforgiven.

Andy Reid, historically, has been a winner. You can't judge him a loser based on this season.

It was amazing that Rex Ryan survived. Tom Coughlan must have pictures.

cavandre

• Total Posts: 1598
      Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Wed, 01/2/13 9:14 AM (permalink)
      The post season doesn't look that interesting to me. There's no team that I really want to root for and with the Cowboys not making the playoffs, there's no team to root against.

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
        Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Wed, 01/2/13 10:01 AM (permalink)
        I'm pretty pumped about the Redskins winning NFC East, sweeping arch-rival Dallas, knocking them out of the playoffs. But Seattle is a tough draw. Will watch game with my friend who grew up in Seattle. He's not obnoxious, so either way, we'll have a good time.

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4737
          Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Wed, 01/2/13 10:06 AM (permalink)
          Apparently Mike Ditka is none too pleased that the Bears fired Lovie Smith. 

Since 1975 every Bears head coach has come from a defensive background with one exception: Ditka.  Maybe the GM should give that side of the ball a good look this time.
          <message edited by ScreamingChicken on Thu, 01/3/13 8:21 AM>

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3708
            Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Thu, 01/3/13 9:11 AM (permalink)
            Who doesn't love my fellow SOP (Son of Pittsburgh) Mike Ditka?  But, please remember this memorable move:  http://nfltrades.tumblr.com/post/21230133938/rickywilliamstrade .

Scorereader

Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Mon, 01/7/13 1:00 PM (permalink)
              So, now I have two weeks to prepare for NHL hockey season. What to do for two weeks? Finish unpacking the house? ugh!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17855
                Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Mon, 01/7/13 1:29 PM (permalink)
                Well, you could start by watching the Alabama-Notre Dame game tonight. That should prepare you for the Bluejackets' Run To The Cup.

Scorereader

Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Mon, 01/7/13 2:02 PM (permalink)
                  if only they could both lose. But, in the end, I'll root for anyone who will knock out an SEC team in the title game. And, I'm catholic...so there's that sence of guilt that forces me, subconsciously, to root for them. And, then, there's Lou Holtz. He's hilarious on ESPN, over the top. He pulls for ND no matter what...and Big Ten teams. To a fault. But he's priceless. So, wouldn't you like to see what he says if ND pulls it off! It could be ANYTHING!  

ScreamingChicken

Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Mon, 01/7/13 3:34 PM (permalink)
                    Is the DC press giving Mike Shanahan much grief over his decision to leave an obviously injured and mostly ineffective RGIII in yesterday's game?

Scorereader

Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Mon, 01/7/13 3:58 PM (permalink)
                      SC: yes! of course. I gave him grief via my television. In the 3rd quarter when he limped out of the huddle and got sacked, because he can't move and they changed their defensive scheme, I said, "he's no longer our best chance."

But, I understand it. RGIII did not want to come out, Shanahan is going to be his coach for a while. A long while if all works out. And Kirk Cousins won't be there, probably, next year. Redskins gave up so many draft picks for RGIII, trading Kirk Cousins will get some of that back. And they can pick up a guy like Ryan Nassib from SU, or Matt McGloin from Penn State, in later rounds. So, why play Cousins when RG3 clearly wants to play?  Shanahan can't second guess his franchise player. And, you can already see the relationship building between RG3 and Coach Shanahan. So, I get it.

Now, on some level, I think as a coach, you need to say, given the lack of ball movement on the offense after the two TDs in the first quarter, a change during 3rd quarter was necessary, even if it were to use both QBs, to save RG3 being on the leg during Robert Morris runs, or pocket passes.

But, that's me, and my opinion. I have not read any sports reports today, but one guy I know said the discussion in the media on the issue has been hot all day. Public opinion is split.

Considering they swept Dallas (always a heroic season in DC when that happens) and won the NFC East, no one is really complaining too loudly, I'd guess---or at least they shouldn't.

Were the Redskin poises to win the whole shebang? no. Not yet. Our defense took massive hits, losing several of our top defensive players. It took many games for the defense to gel. Which led to the 3-6 start. Defense really came together. And veteran players who were losing a step, like Deangelo Hall, really stepped it up pretty well 2nd half of season. Back to the wall motivation - for sure!

We still need to look at the secondary though, even though next season, when players, like Arakpo, return and we can get pressure on QB consistently, all year, and get turnovers. Pressure makes secondary's job easier. We will have to replace London Fletcher, soon, too. Not because he's bad, but he will retire soon. And most of the 'Skins are young, so we'll need a top recruit to be ready to fill his shoes, and we need some young players on D to start gaining confindence in taking on leadership roles.

Offense will be back on top next year. RG3 will be fine. Robert Morris is a stud, and my Penn Stater, Even Royster, who scored yesterday's 1st TD, I think he'll make bigger waves next year.  We may need to look at receiving core, because the veterans won't be there for RG3's entire career, but all in all, offense is looking good.

So, a disappoingting loss and it was questionable as to whether RG3 should have pressed so far into the game, but on the whole, this team passed expectations, matched the "preseason hope" of Washingtonians to steal the NFC East, and have clearly laid the foundation for more playoff runs in the coming years.

And Seatlle is a young team too, so, there will be more to this Saga over the next few years.

<message edited by Scorereader on Mon, 01/7/13 4:01 PM>

tmiles

• Total Posts: 1912
                        Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Mon, 01/7/13 4:17 PM (permalink)
                        I'm a fair weather fan of the Pats, and the weather looks good......

Michael Hoffman

Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Mon, 01/7/13 4:28 PM (permalink)
                          Scorereader

if only they could both lose. But, in the end, I'll root for anyone who will knock out an SEC team in the title game. And, I'm catholic...so there's that sence of guilt that forces me, subconsciously, to root for them. And, then, there's Lou Holtz. He's hilarious on ESPN, over the top. He pulls for ND no matter what...and Big Ten teams. To a fault. But he's priceless. So, wouldn't you like to see what he says if ND pulls it off! It could be ANYTHING!  

I'm not a Lou Saban fan, and I've never been an Alabama fan, but they are playing Notre Dame.  I've been not a Notre Dame fan longer than I've been not an Alabama fan, so I'm in a quandry. On the whole, I might have to go with Alabama because I like the food in Alabama better than I do the food in Indiana. Plus, my good friends John Phillips and Ray Scott live in Alabama. And the bass fishing is better in Alabama than it is in Indiana. Then there's the fact that next month I'll be in Mobile and I wouldn't want anyone there angry with me. So, I guess I'll just sort of sit here watching the game and root for Colgate or Slippery Rock, or maybe even Westminster, lleechef's alma mater.
                          <message edited by Michael Hoffman on Mon, 01/7/13 4:30 PM>

Scorereader

Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Mon, 01/7/13 4:50 PM (permalink)
                            well, then ,we find ourselves at odds, once again. not exactly very strong odds, but the other side of the fence nonetheless. I knew it!

We'll play Tuesday Morning Quarterback tomorrow. And I'm sure the ball will bounce my way...or not. either way, I guess... I might not even be able to stay up that late for the whole game. Having a baby in the house is NOT very football friendly...unless she's sleeping and I manage to cheer really really really softly

Michael Hoffman

Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Mon, 01/7/13 4:53 PM (permalink)
                              You could always go watch the game at BW3. I understand they allow cheering, and they have beer.

I'll meet you at the Waffle House in the morning to talk about the game.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                                • Roadfood Insider
                                Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Mon, 01/7/13 6:04 PM (permalink)
                                ALL I GOTS TO SAY IS...

ROLL TIDE!

The whole sports world is giving Shananananan grief about the decision concerning RG3.  He was the spark of life in a DOA team.

Is there even going to be a NHL season again this year, or are the over payed, whining, brats going to sit out or get locked out again.

83 days 18 hours 2 minutes until opening day MLB
                                47 days 19 hours 16 minutes until Daytona 500

I am done with football this year... maybe
                                oh did I say

GO Bama
                                Roll Tide!!!

MetroplexJim

Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Mon, 01/7/13 7:50 PM (permalink)
                                  tmiles

I'm a fair weather fan of the Pats, and the weather looks good......

I'd say that Houston doesn't stand a "snowball's chance" but that metaphor doesn't work in chilly Foxboro.  So, I'll simply say that Houston's defense will be lit up by Brady and their offense has trouble putting up 20 points in a weather-conditioned dome.

But, I don't think that the Pat's will do well in Denver against THE Manning and the league's most potent home-field advantage:  5,000+ ft. of altitude.

So, it will be P. Manning in a dome v. whatever drek the NFC playoff process vomits up.

Then, I hope Peyton, like Elway, has the good sense to retire with his body intact.

MetroplexJim

Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Mon, 01/7/13 8:01 PM (permalink)
                                    RGIII couldn't run with that leg.  He couldn't throw anyting more than 15 yds. off it, either. 

Up 14-zip and after seeing seeing that pitiful limp around left end, Shanahan should have TOLD him to take a seat. 

I hope that wonderful kid heals completely; seeing his knee collapse like that was like watching Bambi taking a 30-06 round.

Scorereader

Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Wed, 01/9/13 9:03 AM (permalink)
                                      Michael Hoffman

You could always go watch the game at BW3. I understand they allow cheering, and they have beer.

I'll meet you at the Waffle House in the morning to talk about the game.

ha!

We have a relatively small chain here in the DC area called, The Green Turtle. There is a brand new one opened in my new town in the same new shopping center, where the newest Wegmans opened last October. The food at the Green Turtle is quite good, and the chicken wings are superior to BW3, by far. And, unlike BW3, they have a real menu that my wife can enjoy (she's not a chicken wing person...you'd like her Michael!) When I can actually go to a sports bar and grill, we go there.

No reason to go to a BW3 anymore. And, I found that the DC area chain (not so small DC area chain) Ledo pizza, which has a location, basically, within walking distance from my new house (although I wouldn't cross Rt. 3 on foot!) also has excellent wings. Something of which I was never aware.

<message edited by Scorereader on Wed, 01/9/13 11:30 AM>

ScreamingChicken

Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Wed, 01/9/13 10:56 AM (permalink)
                                        MetroplexJim

I hope that wonderful kid heals completely; seeing his knee collapse like that was like watching Bambi taking a 30-06 round.
                                        It's official: major reconstructive surgery is needed (he might even be under the knife as I type this).  He should call Adrian Peterson and ask about his rehab program!

Another column takes the Redskins to task for the condition of FedEx Field's surface...I wonder how much of a factor it was in the injury.  When he first got hurt earlier in the season did it happen in a home game?
                                        <message edited by ScreamingChicken on Wed, 01/9/13 11:00 AM>

Scorereader

Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Wed, 01/9/13 11:22 AM (permalink)
                                          In light of the news on RG3, I recind my earlier statement regarding Kirk Cousins. He will be staying in DC. No WAY they trade him.

Michael Hoffman

Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Wed, 01/9/13 11:23 AM (permalink)
                                            Hey Scorereader, where were you? I missed you at the Waffle House. And there I was ready to admit to rooting for Notre Dame.

Scorereader

Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Wed, 01/9/13 1:01 PM (permalink)
                                              Michael Hoffman

Hey Scorereader, where were you? I missed you at the Waffle House. And there I was ready to admit to rooting for Notre Dame.

I never saw a Waffle House. I may have, though, have passed by a place called AFFLE   USE. Other similar looking restaurants, but with completely different names included: WA  LE   OUSE, and WAFF E HO SE.

;o)

Next time around, for sure!

Michael Hoffman

Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Wed, 01/9/13 1:32 PM (permalink)
                                                Absolutely!

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9583
                                                  Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Wed, 01/9/13 4:57 PM (permalink)
                                                  Scorereader

Michael Hoffman

I never saw a Waffle House. I may have, though, have passed by a place called AFFLE   USE. Other similar looking restaurants, but with completely different names included: WA  LE   OUSE, and WAFF E HO SE.
                                                  ;o)
                                                  Next time around, for sure!

DON'T go makin' fun of the Constitution, The Bill of Rights, The American Flag or Waffle House!!
                                                  All are American institutions!!!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15076
                                                    • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                                    Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Thu, 01/10/13 8:14 AM (permalink)
                                                    OK with no fanfare at all, on Thursday morning before the coming weekend games, Here's my picks ...made using my likes and dislikes, not due to talent and record of the teams involved...
                                                    Denver
                                                    Seattle (I hate all Atlanta Sports teams)
                                                    Green Bay
                                                    New England (by default, I don't care about either team)

AND... The King of the Hill after Superbowl---Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos !

Scorereader

Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Thu, 01/10/13 8:42 AM (permalink)
                                                      I like blue collar town teams winning the SuperBowl. So, I like Denver, and Peyton's second chance story.

I agree with your picks except Green Bay, I think the 49ers, at home no less, are going to dominate that game.

Then for the NFC Championship is an NFC West rumble with SF and Seattle. Seattle is pretty outstanding, and I'd like to see them in the SB, but I think SF pulls out the home victory and Meets the Broncos, who win a nail biter against NE in the AFC championship, in SB.

tmiles

• Location: Millbury, MA
                                                        Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Thu, 01/10/13 4:11 PM (permalink)
                                                        There is some local concern about New England. We hoped for a home field advantage on a frozen field this weekend. At kickoff it could be 50 degrees. On any given day...............

tmiles

• Location: Millbury, MA
                                                          Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Thu, 01/10/13 4:19 PM (permalink)
                                                          College ball has poked into this thread. My team, Boston College, had it's worst season in recent memory. I served in the Marines with guys who played at OK, LSU, ND, UNH, Navy, and A&M, so I keep an eye on them. ND beat BC, so I should hate them, but I don't.
                                                          <message edited by tmiles on Thu, 01/10/13 4:20 PM>

Michael Hoffman

• Location: Gahanna, OH
                                                            Re:Where's The NFL Chatter (2012-13 Version)? Thu, 01/10/13 4:40 PM (permalink)
                                                            I have to root against Green Bay because I'm a Giants fan. So that  leaves me with San Fransisco, Seattle and Atlanta. I like both San Fransisco and Seattle. I couldn't care less about Atlanta. So there I am trying to pick between San Fransisco and Seattle. Well, the fishing is better around Seattle, and the hunting in Washington is better than the hunting in California. So I'm picking Seattle and Marshawn Lynch, who is a beast, to take the NFC title. And then, while I won't root for them in the Super Bowl, I'll pick Denver to win the AFC and go to the Super Bowl where they'll go down to defeat at the hands of the Seahawks.

As you can see, my picks are based on proven scientific principles.
                                                            <message edited by Michael Hoffman on Thu, 01/10/13 4:41 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 6 of 9, messages 151 to 180 of 244

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com