Hot!Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
tkitna
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 634
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/17 02:56:19 (permalink)
My local Dairy Queen has the longest wait and most expensive food, but its also the best food so it kind of gets a free pass.

McDonalds and Wendys has the quickest in my area.
collinf
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 164
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/17 09:29:39 (permalink)
For all the things they do wrong, one thing McDonald's does do right is drive-thru service.  Or even inside service, for the most part.  They are quick, efficicent and accurate 99% of the time.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3541
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/17 11:55:11 (permalink)
collinf

For all the things they do wrong, one thing McDonald's does do right is drive-thru service.  Or even inside service, for the most part.  They are quick, efficicent and accurate 99% of the time.

You've never been to the one by my house. 
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5143
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/17 12:44:48 (permalink)
mar52

What bugs me the most when taking my mother through the drive through at McDonald's for her four double cheeseburgers is that every single time we go, she insists that I tell them that the order is to go and that she doesn't want mayonnaise.

Are you sure it's your mother and not Michael Hoffman?

Brad
bartl
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1329
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/17 18:35:25 (permalink)
ces1948 Just a couple of observations. If you are 5 cars back in a Mcdonalds drive-thru you are expected by their powers that be to driving away with your stuff in just about 4 minutes. Of course things can vary depending on what the people ahead of you are ordering.

In New Jersey, if you are the 2nd car in line, you MIGHT get out in 4 minutes. As a matter of habit, when I go into a fast food restaurant for take-out, I check to see what the car at the end of the line is, and how many cars back it is, and look to see where (or if) it is on the way out. That is how I got my estimates.

Bart
bartl
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/17 18:39:27 (permalink)
mar52 What bugs me the most when taking my mother through the drive through at McDonald's for her four double cheeseburgers is that every single time we go, she insists that I tell them that the order is to go and that she doesn't want mayonnaise.

My wife has been served mayonnaise on sandwiches which are not supposed to have mayonnaise, so I can see that; insisting to say it's "to go" is, however, illogical. What does she think the alternative is?

Bart
MellowRoast
  • Total Posts : 2009
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/17 23:01:17 (permalink)
mar52

What bugs me the most when taking my mother through the drive through at McDonald's for her four double cheeseburgers is that every single time we go, she insists that I tell them that the order is to go and that she doesn't want mayonnaise.

Mar52: That's a hoot!  But does your mother really order 4 double cheeseburgers? " />
mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8072
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/18 00:14:43 (permalink)
Oh, Yes.

Mom freezes her double cheeseburgers and thinks she's having a balanced meal when she nukes one.
felix4067
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3541
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/18 01:36:17 (permalink)
In her defense, McDonald's double cheeseburgers are really small...other than the two patties they're the same size as a regular cheeseburger at Burger King.
Rt66Mike
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 155
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/18 09:51:44 (permalink)
That used to be true about Steak N' Shake, but from my experience, it is no longer - I can get in and out of SnS these days just as fast as Jack In the Box, BK, etc.  Over the last year or so, they have made growing their Drive-Thru business a major focus, and they have lowered prices considerably to where you can now get much better quality food for about the same as McDonalds, BK, etc.

I have had many bad experiences at Rally's - waiting in excess of 10 minutes for food; Hardees is usually really bad in that department, too.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5504
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/18 14:42:58 (permalink)
6star, thanks for the link back on P1 of the make beleive SnS drive thru sign!!! It's worth a read yall. :~))
Joe
senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 239
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/19 03:54:56 (permalink)
I know that a lot of people love Sonic for whatever reason, but I  really dislike the place. The problem is not the food perse (although I don't think it's anything special), but it does take a long time to get the food, and I don't want to sit in their parking lot. We had one of those "drive in" type ones near my college where one goes to the box, orders the food and just sit there in the lot in your car. The placer had no bathroom and they did not allow people to come inside their place. I don't know how the place made it through the winter. In my 5 years of school there, I only may have been in there once or twice, literally. I went to another one in Jackson, Mississippi that was so sloooooow that I didn't bother with it again.

The fastest service are the fast food places in the suburbs and the rural areas. The worst service will be in the urban areas of any city. Look at the people who run the place. Individual managers and their staff makes the process good or bad. Fast food is filled with minimum wage people, most of whom are resentful about being worked so hard for such small amounts of money. When I was out there making 6-7 bucks an hour, I only did as much work as I had to and no more. So did everyone else. The jerk who was a "hard worker" is hated by his collegues because of the fact that the rest of the staff will be then expected to reach his level.

I have never done drive-thru, but supposedly, it is the most hated part of the job, having to try to hear people talk through those stupid boxes, to dealing with jerkwad people, to mean kids doing "fire in the hole" trick by throwing the food back to the worker occasionally. Then there are the weirdoes who smoke dope in the car, go up there with no clothes on, are insane or drunk in the first place, claiming to not get the right food, people who will try to rip off the cashier, not to mention kids who vandalize the equipment or other practical jokes. I think a thinking man would mourn at the state of our humanity if he was forced to work in some McDonalds drive through somewhere in California or Humpduck, South Dakota, China or the Moon.

Most people hate working in the food industry, again because of the extremely hard work, the miserable public, the massive turnover and very little opportunity (unless you are a black, female, lesbian war veteran with one leg). Also, think about how many people have had their mouth on that fork in that restaurant that you had lunch. They have medicines out there that stop the heartburn, stops the farting, stops the depression and the pain of human existance. But people working for Ronald the Clown cannot afford that.

It is also usually faster to get out of the car and come into the restaurant itself. I believe that the person who is face to face with the worker gets better service than the drive-thru. There are better stores than others of a particular franchise.

I would last say that every obese person in the World should be required to travel to Chicago, Illinois, find the grave of Ray Kroc and urinate on his grave. I am sure many past employees have.
MellowRoast
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/19 06:36:40 (permalink)
Hey, no defense necessary regarding Mar52's mom.  Mothers are fun, hers is clearly no exception, and indeed that was the spirit of my question. 
MellowRoast
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/19 06:42:20 (permalink)
senor boogie woogie

...unless you are a black, female, lesbian war veteran with one leg...

post edited by MellowRoast - 2010/12/19 06:47:11
bartl
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/20 19:50:12 (permalink)
mar52
Mom freezes her double cheeseburgers and thinks she's having a balanced meal when she nukes one.

She is absolutely wrong. You have to nuke TWO of them for a balanced meal.

Bart
bartl
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/20 19:55:36 (permalink)
MellowRoast
senor boogie woogie ...unless you are a black, female, lesbian war veteran with one leg...

Because of various affirmative action laws, being the member of an oppressed group (or a veteran), you get extra "points" when getting promotions or, sometimes, positions. For example, a relative of mine got a BA in Law (John Jay) and a perfect score on all his tests when he applied to become a New York City police officer. Unfortunately, there were enough people with better than perfect scores, due to added points, to keep him from getting a position.

Bart
Rabkin
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 74
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/23 20:50:05 (permalink)
stricken_detective

So one time when I went to pay, I handed the girl a box of Q-Tips from the travel section at Walgreens. She asked me what they were for & I told her "SO YOU CAN CLEAN THE $#!+ OUT OF YOUR EARS!!!!"

Heh.  Sounds like a sure fire way to get a dollop of their special Hollandaise sauce over the whole of your order, no charge, if you get my meaning. 
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4306
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/24 10:04:52 (permalink)
In the rush of shopping chores, etc, I decided to grab a burger from the drive-in at a certain McDonald's where the parking lot connects via an alley to the next store I needed to visit.  This one is not known for great service, but as I said, the location was convenient. I drove up to where the ordering microphone and speaker used to be, and saw that signs and pavement markings indicated that there were now two service lanes. (?)  So, I went to the right-hand one and placed my order.  Then I proceeded forward, around the corner... and found out that THE TWO LANES HAD TO MERGE INTO ONE.  What an incredibly bad idea.  I was in my truck, so I bulled my way in front of a car full of teenagers. " />

You can believe me when I say I will avoid that one as much as possible!
ces1948
  • Total Posts : 1510
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/24 10:37:55 (permalink)
The double ordering lanes merging into a single pay/pickup lane at Mcdonalds is very common around here. I honestly don't see the point and to me it just causes problems. You can bet some corporate pinhead figured out they could push 2.7 burgers more an hour using that method.
MiamiDon
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4306
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/24 19:04:37 (permalink)
Rabkin

stricken_detective

So one time when I went to pay, I handed the girl a box of Q-Tips from the travel section at Walgreens. She asked me what they were for & I told her "SO YOU CAN CLEAN THE $#!+ OUT OF YOUR EARS!!!!"

Heh.  Sounds like a sure fire way to get a dollop of their special Hollandaise sauce over the whole of your order, no charge, if you get my meaning. 

Yeah, NEVER bug your servers BEFORE you get your food!
stricken_detective
  • Total Posts : 2330
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/25 16:40:33 (permalink)
MiamiDon

Rabkin

stricken_detective

Yeah, NEVER bug your servers BEFORE you get your food!

Yeah, I would never. I really really REALLY want to though. Their lunch crew is the worst ever.

Hardee's takes a long time, too, but like Culvers, I know they didn't make my order until they heard me ordering it, so if I go there, I know it's a 10 minute committment.

SeamusD
  • Total Posts : 1023
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2010/12/29 23:55:28 (permalink)
The most problems I ever had with drive thru service was Wendy's in Columbus, OH. Even the one right on the corner from the corporate office in Dublin. Some of the people were downright rude, like asking for a couple extra ketchup packets would earn me a huff and rolled eyes. The most I ever get from anywhere around here is just indifference. Oh, and the people getting shot in the drivethroughs, that bugs me also.
angeltearsmc
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 319
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2011/03/06 22:20:20 (permalink)
Regional chain: Pal's in east Tennessee EASILY has the best drive-thru service I've ever experienced.  Efficient, polite, and always accurate (I believe the chain, overall, has been given a 99% accuracy grade or something to that effect!).  The line might look long, but you won't wait as long as you'd think.
National chain: Chick-Fil-A, for the same reason as I mentioned for Pal's.  I think CFA is definitely doing something right in their business operations - you can see the effects in every location they own.

Worst drive-thru service?  McDonald's.  I never pull away from their window without thoroughly checking my order, no matter how many cars are behind me waiting.  9 times out of 10, they've forgotten an item or given me the wrong thing (most often giving me sweet tea, when I specify UNsweet.)

I can't comment on wait times at most places, because if the line looks semi-long, I'll park and go in... takes just as long (or often, less time) than wasting my gas idling in the drive-thru lane!
jman
  • Total Posts : 1364
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2011/03/07 06:56:21 (permalink)
Re: McD's Double lane.

In our little town, we have two McD's.  One has a single lane, the other a double lane.  The one with the double lane is probably three times faster than the one with the single lane. 
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4198
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2014/05/24 08:01:10 (permalink)
noneya

Steak 'n Shake is not fast food, like what you fat Americans are used to. It's not McDonald's or Wendy's, Steak 'n Shake actually cooks and prepares your food for you when you order it, unlike other fast food places. All you Americans are concerned about it getting your disgusting food quick and easy so you can sit on your ass and eat it. You guys know nothing about real food. Steak 'n Shake is not a drive thru kind of restaurant anyway. You Americans bitch about fast food services that aren't fast lol no wonder you're all obese. Real food takes time. And the time you wait at Steak 'n Shake depends on what you ordered, some take longer to prepare than others. So you all can shut your fat Americans mouths and shove it with greasy disgusting plastic food, and bitch about the REAL food, like you do best. Have a good day.

I like Steak 'n Shake as well and certainly know better than to try their drive through. 

Welcome to Roadfood!

And, BTW, to the United States of America; what is your country of origin and why did you leave it to join us?
eruby
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 679
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2014/05/27 06:52:35 (permalink)
Time to cue Joe Pesci in Lethal Weapon 2.

Sonic has pretty bad drive-thru service.
WarToad
  • Total Posts : 1852
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2014/05/27 10:11:05 (permalink)
Our once a month Happy Meal treat for the kids, McDonlad's in our area has amazingly fast drive through service.  They have it down to a science.
senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 239
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2014/06/06 10:09:23 (permalink)

I wrote off Sonic many years ago when I was in college.

Near my college was a traditional Drive In type place. Park your car, order your food from a box with the menu and spend the next 30 minutes staring at the kitchen waiting for my food to come out. This was in Mississippi where it is either freezing cold or hot with mosquitoes, the place did not have a bathroom either. Walking in their kitchen was like walking into a Homeland Security restricted area.

Sonic isn't that great for the pain.
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3146
Re:Which fast food chain has the WORST drive through service? The BEST? 2014/06/06 14:42:45 (permalink)
I only generally go thru White Castle and they are very good however you always have to check your order to be very sure it is right given the turnover and poor sound quality  of electronic order systems inherent to most any fast food joint.  I like it when they show your order so you can check it before going to the window but sometimes that is not even fail-safe given human factor.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1