White Castle Coming To Connecticut Its Official News!!!!!

Author
whitecastleofctfan
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/01/11 00:09:26 (permalink)

White Castle Coming To Connecticut Its Official News!!!!!

White Castle Hamburgers which I have been pushing to finally come to Connecticut sent me this email today.
It confirms they have started looking for places in Connecticut to build our first White Castle in Connecticut history.We used to have White Tower Burgers which were the same as the White Castle but they years ago went out of Business because there name was to close to White Castles at the time .
Anyway here is the email sent "We are looking at property, there is nothing definite at this time and it can take a year or more once negotiations start (which haven't, because we are just looking at this point) to start construction.  "
So of course at the end of the email it appears hey will construct at least 1 White Castle but have no location of town or city which makes sense .
Will update as we get more information sometime in the Spring.
If you are a Connecticut Craver of White Castle ,Please join our Facebook Fan page White Castle Hamburgers of CT @ .
Also suggestion for where White Castle should look and build in Connecticut are welcome .Crave On !!!!!
post edited by whitecastleofctfan - 2011/01/11 00:11:49

11 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18451
    Re:White Castle Coming To Connecticut Its Official News!!!!! 2011/01/11 00:55:06 (permalink)
    As a native of Connecticut I hope you get to have White Castle start operations there. But as someone who spent a great deal of time partaking of White Tower hamburgers I assure you that the only thing about a White Tower that resembled a White Castle was the color of the building. White Tower hamburgers were round, without holes, and cooked directly on a flattop till they were done. White Castles are square, have five holes, and are steamed over a bed of chopped onions. Additionally, it would take at least two White Castle patties to make one White Tower burger patty.
    GCD1962
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 66
    Re:White Castle Coming To Connecticut Its Official News!!!!! 2011/01/14 22:34:52 (permalink)
    White Tower burgers were pretty good. It was owned by a Family in Stamford, I think the name was Sachs. The one on the Post Road in Stamford near exit 9 (Where a McD's is now located). Had a sit-down restaurant and a small free-standing take-out in the back (named Whitey's). The burgers were miles ahead of White Castle which IMO are not very good
    wheregreggeats.com
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4611
    Re:White Castle Coming To Connecticut Its Official News!!!!! 2011/01/15 19:48:40 (permalink)
    I'll be standing by.
    It was good of them to keep you in the loop.
    italysfinest
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re:White Castle Coming To Connecticut Its Official News!!!!! 2011/01/18 14:00:12 (permalink)
    This is amazing. I cannot wait. We have needed one in CT for a while. Keep us posted.
    whitecastleofctfan
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:White Castle Coming To Connecticut Its Official News!!!!! 2011/01/22 02:02:08 (permalink)
    Hello italysfinest,

I will add more updates when I get them in the Spring or early Summer .
    Have a great night .

kennyb
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 400
    Re:White Castle Coming To Connecticut Its Official News!!!!! 2011/02/06 16:52:20 (permalink)
    they started here in kansas and really arn't around anymore much. not very good.
    dirwuf
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:White Castle Coming To Connecticut Its Official News!!!!! 2011/08/02 22:48:58 (permalink)
    Anyone...Anyone...

californyguy
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 513
    Re:White Castle Coming To Connecticut Its Official News!!!!! 2011/08/02 22:56:10 (permalink)
    you lucky devils!! imagine we will wait forever for one to come to CA...of course we have in and out- very different product but same kind of company- love em both!! 
    Wistah
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 213
    Re:White Castle Coming To Connecticut Its Official News!!!!! 2012/04/15 13:28:16 (permalink)
    Any updates on this?
    NYPIzzaNut
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3142
    Re:White Castle Coming To Connecticut Its Official News!!!!! 2012/04/15 13:45:36 (permalink)
    whitecastleofctfan

White Castle Hamburgers which I have been pushing to finally come to Connecticut sent me this email today.
    It confirms they have started looking for places in Connecticut to build our first White Castle in Connecticut history.We used to have White Tower Burgers which were the same as the White Castle but they years ago went out of Business because there name was to close to White Castles at the time .
    Anyway here is the email sent "We are looking at property, there is nothing definite at this time and it can take a year or more once negotiations start (which haven't, because we are just looking at this point) to start construction.  "
    So of course at the end of the email it appears hey will construct at least 1 White Castle but have no location of town or city which makes sense .
    Will update as we get more information sometime in the Spring.
    If you are a Connecticut Craver of White Castle ,Please join our Facebook Fan page White Castle Hamburgers of CT @ .
    Also suggestion for where White Castle should look and build in Connecticut are welcome .Crave On !!!!!
    Congrats CT!  I have been a fan for decades and am very happy that they now offer their breakfast sandwiches around the clock.

Root-Beer Man
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 381
    Re:White Castle Coming To Connecticut Its Official News!!!!! 2012/04/15 17:29:07 (permalink)
    Congrats! Personally, I'm waiting for Krystal to come up to my area and go into competition with WC.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1