White Castle &History

Author
AndreaB
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1303
2004/12/08 21:24:46 (permalink)

White Castle &History

When White Castle was first coming to Lexington, KY, (back in the 80's) it was all my History teacher talked about for days. The most amusing thing was that they were going to the opening and bringing their own cheese to save money! It was very amusing. I like 'em without the cheese but hells bells he was obsessed with them.

Andrea

2 Replies Related Threads

Wallyum
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 627
    RE: White Castle &History 2004/12/08 23:20:59 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by AndreaB

When White Castle was first coming to Lexington, KY, (back in the 80's) it was all my History teacher talked about for days. The most amusing thing was that they were going to the opening and bringing their own cheese to save money! It was very amusing. I like 'em without the cheese but hells bells he was obsessed with them.

Andrea

There's cheap, and then there's "they were going to the opening and bringing their own cheese to save money". Man, that's bad. Not only is it cheap, but it ruins the whole WC Experience by introducing non-authentic foodstuff to the burgers.
    AndreaB
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1303
    RE: White Castle &History 2004/12/12 18:20:24 (permalink)
    Yes that was a big desecration of the White Castle and it was awful to hear about that at 8:00 a.m. --- he also constantly talked about country ham and red eye gravy.

Andrea
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1