White House Subs

Author
Red Head
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 22
2006/08/12 12:42:32 (permalink)

White House Subs

We've been enjoying White House subs for over 25 years. No trip to the shore was complete without bringing home sandwiches. We were in Atlantic City a couple of weeks ago and brought home a variety of subs. The tuna sub (my favorite) was definitely different and not as good. The meat ball sub (my husband's favorite) was not right either. We chalked it up to an "off day". However, my sister and brother-in-law were at the White House this week and also noticed a difference in the sandwiches. Does anyone know if the White House has new owners or perhaps, new suppliers? We may be bringing subs home from Sack-o's next time.

4 Replies Related Threads

acer2x
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 441
    RE: White House Subs 2006/08/12 14:32:08 (permalink)
    There was a post about this on a different thread. I noticed a change in the rolls last year. Someone posted that they used to get their rolls from 3 different bakeries delivered on an hourly basis. Now thet rolls from 1 source. If the meats, etc have been changed, then there is a problem.

I now go to Dino's in Margate.
    Red Head
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 22
    RE: White House Subs 2006/08/12 16:46:56 (permalink)
    The rolls were definitely different. The bread was almost stale by the time we ate the sandwiches, only 2 hours later. The fillings were very different. The tuna was always plain, oil packed tuna, with no mayonaise. It was still dry tuna but it didn't taste or look the same. The meatballs tasted like they were a different recipe. Nothing was bad, it was just different and not as wonderful as usual. We ended up throwing half the sandwiches out, which is something we never do.
    sk bob
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1801
    RE: White House Subs 2006/09/02 14:03:19 (permalink)
    i was there last year for the 1st time. after waiting and watching them make the subs for 20 mins without getting waited on,we left, not disappointed.
    after seeing the little amount of meat that was put on each sub, and the over abudance of l&t for the prices they get,you can stick your "subs".
    come to Hartford,Ct. to Franin Ave. GIANT Grinder, and I'llshow you a great sandwich for the money.

sk bob
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1801
    RE: White House Subs 2006/09/02 14:04:42 (permalink)
    thats Franklin Ave.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1