White Hut. Outpost in Amherst, Massachusetts
So. White Hut has opened a new store in Amherst ... maybe 20 miles from the mother=ship in West Springfield.
I am a having-grown-up-with-the-original fan ... tried the new place today.
SO many little nuances ... none seemingly pertinent. How come the food didn't taste the same ???
I have no doubt they are using exactly the same ingredients.
- Is it the new (as opposed to a seasoned um-teen y/o) grill ???
- Is it the help, who lloked like they were performing surgery assembling the burgers ???
- Is it that there was a big (vs/ smaller) pile of signature fried onions at the new place ???
- Was it that they didn't seem to deep fry the hot dogs ??? (I know that can be a biggie ... yet why on earth wouldn't they ???)
- is it that they serve on paper plates instead of napkins ???
- Is it that they didn't cut the burger in half for the ladies ??? (Not that that effects me at all.)
- Is it the different brand of chocolate milk, or the plastic instead of paper cups ???
- Is it the condiments being in a fancy thing under a metal door, rather than in bowls behind a glass shield ???
What could it be ???
The food just didn't taste the same to me.