White Manna/White Rose/White Diamond-Which is best

Author
DPuro329
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 406
2008/01/24 21:14:53 (permalink)

White Manna/White Rose/White Diamond-Which is best

Ok my fellow Jerseyians (or anyone who's eaten at any of them), I'm thinking about a little roadfood tour on Sunday and I've read about White Diamond, White Manna, and White Rose. Originally I was thinking of the White Manna in Hackensack on Sunday before it's packed with tourists from Diners Drive Ins and Dives on Monday, but maybe I could include one or both of the others. Are there multiple locations of the others? I know about the White Mana in Jersey City. Are any of them worth checking out? and if so which locations? Also are they diners with diner menus or just hamburger joints?
Thanks

Dave

2 Replies Related Threads

JakerDog
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 204
    RE: White Manna/White Rose/White Diamond-Which is best 2008/01/25 11:09:15 (permalink)
    The only White Rose I know about is in Highland Park, NJ across from New Brunswick. I don't think it has any other locations. It was a regular there in the early 80's when I was a student at Rutgers and it was a good, greasy Cheeseburger. Fries come in a wax bag. It will be an experiance. I've also been to White Manna and it is similair experiance and food quality, although it has been many years for both. White Diamond I do not know anything about. I look foward to your trip report.

I stand corrected. I just read another topic and apparently there are other White Rose's that I did not know about. The only experaicne I have is with the Highland Park location and it was a good cheeseburger. I think on-par with White Manna if my memory serves me.
    ken8038
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1594
    RE: White Manna/White Rose/White Diamond-Which is best 2008/01/25 15:11:35 (permalink)
    I've been to the 3 White Rose's that I know of (South Ave in Roselle Park Park, Elizabeth Ave in Linden) and Highland Park, and the White Manna and the White Mana and the White Diamond in Clark. If you are going to do one, you might as well plot out a trip to all.

All have very similar "feel" (ambiance?) to them, and all should be visited.

Quick Take:

Best Food -
    1.White Manna (Hackensack).
    1A &1B & 1C. White Rose. very close to #1 but I like White Manna better.
    5: Not nearly as good, but still OK; White Mana.

Not rated: White Diamond - Walked in and walked out, too much smoke coming from he good ol'boys in front of and behind the counter. Even with the smoking ban I would not go back. I felt like I was walking uninvited into the living room of someone I did not know.

---Ken
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1