Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Why is Whataburger so unique?

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 37 of 37
Lucky Bishop

• Total Posts: 1049
RE: Why is Whataburger so unique? Thu, 01/20/05 1:12 PM (permalink)
That's funny, I only know of one substandard Whataburger outlet (downtown Albuquerque), and I've eaten them all across Texas and New Mexico -- their consistency is one of my favorite things about them, actually!

jfre81

• Total Posts: 2
    RE: Why is Whataburger so unique? Thu, 02/3/05 4:42 AM (permalink)
    I live near Houston and Whataburger is by far the best of the chain burger joints. Unless you're expecting a burger to be delivered to you before you get your change (yanked from under a heat lamp) you really can't go wrong.

Green_Chile

• Total Posts: 115
      RE: Why is Whataburger so unique? Thu, 02/3/05 5:44 AM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by Lucky Bishop

That's funny, I only know of one substandard Whataburger outlet (downtown Albuquerque), and I've eaten them all across Texas and New Mexico -- their consistency is one of my favorite things about them, actually!

If you're reffering to the Whataburger that was on Lomas and 5th downtown Alb., it's been torn down...there are three new courthouses right in a 2 block area there now. A decent Whataburger locale is a few blocks north of I-40 on 2nd St. and Menual about 5-6 mins from downtown, and they still dish out very well made burgers. However if you're conventioning in downtown Alb., I highly recommend a trip north on 4th street to Bob's Burgers and the other small local joints sprinkled up and down that street. The further north one goes on 4th from downtown...the better the eats seem to be

Lucky Bishop

• Total Posts: 1049
        RE: Why is Whataburger so unique? Thu, 02/3/05 2:56 PM (permalink)
        Culminating, of course, at the grand El Pinto. I miss that place.

I knew that Whataburger was slated for demolition -- one of the courthouses was already open when I left ABQ, and the others were almost completed. Still, absolutely no great loss. If I was in the mood for a Whataburger after a gig at the Golden West or the late, lamented Dingo, I usually just went up to the one on Carlisle across from the Wal-Mart, between Menaul and Montgomery, or if I felt like a drive, the newer one just off I-25 at Montano.

But usually I just went to the Frontier.

rbpalmer

• Total Posts: 469
          RE: Why is Whataburger so unique? Thu, 02/3/05 3:49 PM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by Green_Chile

Sonic is decent...alas it rates 3rd in my Blake's LotaBurger, Whataburger, Sonic FF burger list here in ABQ. There are still none that come close to the Route 66 location of Bob's Burgers "Ranchero Supreme" for a pure drive-in Green Chile Cheeseburger experience.

2 cents

Green Chile, I periodically travel to Albuquerque for work, and Bob's sounds like a place I might want to try. How does their green chile cheeseburger compare to the ones served at the 66 Diner and the Bobcat Bite? Do they serve anything else of note?

Can anyone else give me the 411 on Bob's?

Green_Chile

• Total Posts: 115
            RE: Why is Whataburger so unique? Fri, 02/4/05 1:41 AM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by rbpalmer

quote:
            Originally posted by Green_Chile

Sonic is decent...alas it rates 3rd in my Blake's LotaBurger, Whataburger, Sonic FF burger list here in ABQ. There are still none that come close to the Route 66 location of Bob's Burgers "Ranchero Supreme" for a pure drive-in Green Chile Cheeseburger experience.

2 cents

Green Chile, I periodically travel to Albuquerque for work, and Bob's sounds like a place I might want to try. How does their green chile cheeseburger compare to the ones served at the 66 Diner and the Bobcat Bite? Do they serve anything else of note?

Can anyone else give me the 411 on Bob's?

Haven't had the pleasure of trying Bobcat Bite's GCC but the pictures sure make it look awesome. Bob's GCC is more unique than most, because they use a green chile sauce, and it is not (dummed down). It makes for some sloppy eatin, but when it's this good no one seems to mind. Also on the menu, is the taco or tortilla burger, I forget which it's called but it's tasty as well. Grilled split dogs on grilled buns covered in red or green are the standard chile dogs there, and mighty good to boot. I typically order extra green chile on everything there as they can be skimpy with it depending on who's minding the kitchen. Their fries leave me disappointed....to soggy, and the shakes are sub-par. They used to make orange-whips, which was something similar to an orange julius only better...sadly they stopped making those. All in all an awesome Green Chile Cheeseburger joint. I typically stop at a Sonic for a Route 44 cherry coke, then head over to Bob's for my GCC fix. Hope yah get a chance to try one.

Green_Chile

rbpalmer

• Total Posts: 469
              RE: Why is Whataburger so unique? Fri, 02/4/05 7:46 AM (permalink)
              Thanks

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 37 of 37

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com