Why isn't Kenny & Ziggy's (Houston, TX) reviewed on Roadfood?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4088
Re:Why isn't Kenny & Ziggy's (Houston, TX) reviewed on Roadfood? 2012/04/03 09:48:52 (permalink)
For those of you who like Middle-Eastern cuisine (I do not care for it), Houston is a "Mecca" for such.  This is due to the petroleum industry being centered there; the middle-eastern OPEC countries send their petroleum engineers and managers there for their "graduate education".  In fact, the only Saudi Arabian Cousulate outside Washington is located in Houston near the Galleria (and across the street from James' Coney Island, which is how I "discovered" James'). 
Twinwillow
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5071
Re:Why isn't Kenny & Ziggy's (Houston, TX) reviewed on Roadfood? 2012/04/03 11:08:25 (permalink)
Jim, we have many more Middle Eastern restaurants (Mostly, Syrian and Lebanese) in Dallas than we have Jewish Deli's.
One thats very popular and my personal favorite is, Afrah.
We also have a large amount of Middle Eastern grocery stores as well.

Dallas is truly becoming an "international" city with very large populations of Vietnamese, Thai, and many other South East Asians. And, an unusually large Indian population. And of course, Mexican and Central American people. Especially, Guatemalans.
But, what we need in Dallas is more Italians and Greeks!
post edited by Twinwillow - 2012/04/03 12:31:12
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4625
Re:Why isn't Kenny & Ziggy's (Houston, TX) reviewed on Roadfood? 2012/04/03 11:17:10 (permalink)
Texas could just buy Greece and move the whole country
to somewhere in between  Dallas and Houston.
Make it a giant amusement park , better and bigger than the London Bridge in Arizona.

Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re:Why isn't Kenny & Ziggy's (Houston, TX) reviewed on Roadfood? 2012/04/03 11:41:56 (permalink)
1bbqboy

Make it a giant amusement park , better and bigger than the London Bridge in Arizona.

MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Why isn't Kenny & Ziggy's (Houston, TX) reviewed on Roadfood? 2012/04/03 12:03:48 (permalink)
1bbqboy

Just be sure to build a "bullet-train" line paralleling I-45 just in case I need to get through it in a hurry!

And, while we're at it", move the Greek Isles to the Gulf.  That way we can drill on dry land!

(Actually, high speed rail connecting Dallas, Ft. Worth, Austin, San Antonio, & Houston is one of the few routes, along with DC - Baltimore - Philly - NYC - Boston, where rail can be faster than air and actually show a profit).
MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
Re:Why isn't Kenny & Ziggy's (Houston, TX) reviewed on Roadfood? 2012/04/03 12:16:11 (permalink)
Twinwillow

Jim, we have many more Middle Eastern restaurants (Mostly, Syrian and Lebanese) in Dallas than we have Jewish Deli's.

Dallas is truly becoming an "international" city with very large populations of Vietnamese, Thai, and many other South East Asians. And, an unusually large Indian population. And of course, Mexican and Central American people. Especially, Guatemalans.
But, we need is more Italians and Greeks!

Two bad DeliNews too closed.  Aside from DeliNews (Preston & Campbell), any others to recommend.

Curiously enough the middle-eastern Mrs. Metro doesn't much care for her "native" cuisine.  I guess because her family has for several generations been educated in Britain and the U.S., the primary cuisine they have prepared even "at home" in Riyadh is Western Continental.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re:Why isn't Kenny & Ziggy's (Houston, TX) reviewed on Roadfood? 2012/04/03 12:18:39 (permalink)
MetroplexJim

1bbqboy

Just be sure to build a "bullet-train" line paralleling I-45 just in case I need to get through it in a hurry!

And, while we're at it", move the Greek Isles to the Gulf.  That way we can drill on dry land!

(Actually, high speed rail connecting Dallas, Ft. Worth, Austin, San Antonio, & Houston is one of the few routes, along with DC - Baltimore - Philly - NYC - Boston, where rail can be faster than air and actually show a profit).

I'm 100% for the high speed rail system between the Texas cities you've mentioned but, thanks to Texas politics it will never be built! At least, not in our life time.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re:Why isn't Kenny & Ziggy's (Houston, TX) reviewed on Roadfood? 2012/04/03 12:25:50 (permalink)
MetroplexJim

Twinwillow

But, we need is more Italians and Greeks!

Two bad DeliNews too closed.  Aside from DeliNews (Preston & Campbell), any others to recommend.

Curiously enough the middle-eastern Mrs. Metro doesn't much care for her "native" cuisine.  I guess because her family has for several generations been educated in Britain and the U.S., the primary cuisine they have prepared even "at home" in Riyadh is Western Continental.

Sorry Jim. the original Deli-News at Preston and Campbell is still "it" in Dallas. Deli-News Too morphed into a separate entity known as, Ed's Deli. It (deservedly) closed after a couple of years. Gio's Deli has taken the former Ed's Deli space but it's not even close to the quality or "deli feeling" of the (original) Deli-News at Preston & Campbell.
post edited by Twinwillow - 2012/04/03 12:33:22
Bossa Nova
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 64
Re:Why isn't Kenny & Ziggy's (Houston, TX) reviewed on Roadfood? 2012/04/07 17:32:44 (permalink)
Kenny & Ziggy's is a very good deli.  I've been 4 or 5 times (my sister lives in Houston) and enjoyed it every time.  It is better than many (but not all) of the deli's here in NJ. 
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1