Wildwood BBQ

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
CCinNJ
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7778
RE: Wildwood BBQ 2008/07/26 17:11:37 (permalink)
I dined at Wildwood last month. I was very disappointed. I thought there was too much attention paid to menu selections that are unrelated to BBQ (like really 'busy" salads with flavor component combinations that baffled me ), and too little attention paid to "authentic" BBQ items.

Memphis–Style Baby Back Ribs
Wet & Slathered with Wildwood
Spicy Chipotle BBQ

Huh? What exactly makes this ANYTHING that would be found in or around Memphis? They have changed the terminology of the menu (since last month). It is a raspberry chipotle sauce (or at least it was in June). It was not good, or authentic.

My dining companion had the short rib that was advertised as fallin' off the bone". It did not have any "fallin' off the bone" quality...whatsoever.

I really wished that there would be a "sample" combo with brisket, regular or baby back ribs (with some decent "authentic' dry rub or sauce) and pulled pork. No. They throw in chicken, lamb ribs, and sausage (less popular traditional BBQ options) into every combo and no subs. are allowed.

I ordered the pulled pork. It was bone dry (and had such a strong bacon flavored element). The mopping sauce was staight up vinegar (with some red coloring). We tried to share the cole slaw. It was so bad, I think there was a very big mistake in the kitchen. It had NO sweetening element. So, we traded that in for onion rings (with an upcharge). They were greasy.

The music was SO loud. Beyond loud. We could not engage in any casual dinner conversation.

We were DONE. We left the table, to get the check at the front (take out area). It took 20 minutes to get the check. There were at least 25 staff members, restaurant patrons, and bar patrons converged in this area. So loud. So much confusion. So disappointing.

Poverty Pete
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2296
RE: Wildwood BBQ 2008/07/26 19:02:31 (permalink)
That doesn't sound like a great dining experience. If it's "fallin' off the bone," it's overcooked.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1