Will the Waffle House Chain ever expand into

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Quartz
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 153
RE: Will the Waffle House Chain ever expand into 2007/10/12 20:00:16 (permalink)
(Not including Toledo) there aren't any Waffle Houses north of I-80. People have ben trying their hardest to get one though. However, let's not wreck ourselves over it. We are Big Boy/IHOP/Coneyville.
Quartz
Cheeseburger
RE: Will the Waffle House Chain ever expand into 2007/10/12 20:01:21 (permalink)
Oh, and naturally, they will put a Waffle House in Detroit, it just wouldn't make sense to not do so.
dth1971
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: Will the Waffle House Chain ever expand into 2007/10/12 23:29:28 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Quartz

(Not including Toledo) there aren't any Waffle Houses north of I-80. People have ben trying their hardest to get one though. However, let's not wreck ourselves over it. We are Big Boy/IHOP/Coneyville.

What's Coneyville?
kensandyeggo
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 567
RE: Will the Waffle House Chain ever expand into 2007/10/13 00:07:12 (permalink)
==Why isn't Waffle House in the Chicago area or Wisconsin state yet?==

You may be in luck. The WH that the Health Departmnet shut down in Charlotte several months ago is still closed, so the equipment should be available for shipment......after they scrape the roaches and roach eggs off. The dumb-asses called for a re-inspection after they got a score in the 80s and wound up with a score in the 60s, which means an immediate shutdown.
Pigiron
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1384
RE: Will the Waffle House Chain ever expand into 2007/10/13 02:11:58 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by kensandyeggo

You may be in luck. The WH that the Health Departmnet shut down in Charlotte several months ago is still closed, so the equipment should be available for shipment......after they scrape the roaches and roach eggs off. The dumb-asses called for a re-inspection after they got a score in the 80s and wound up with a score in the 60s, which means an immediate shutdown.

That sounds about right, based upon my experiences with Waffle Houses (mostly in the Carolinas). Filth, filth and more filth.
Quartz
Cheeseburger
RE: Will the Waffle House Chain ever expand into 2007/10/13 15:37:06 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by dth1971

quote:
Originally posted by Quartz

What's Coneyville?

Michigan. The Coney Island restaurant was found by the Polish here in Downtown Detroit (American and Lafayette Coney Islands) in the 1800s ( one of tem by the Keros Family) and other chains and independent Coney Islands have opened in Michigan since then. Many of them are open 24 hours and sell Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner anytime of the day.
MrKing.net
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 84
RE: Will the Waffle House Chain ever expand into 2007/10/14 23:15:04 (permalink)
I have known there was 1 just south of Indianapolis. I havent eaten there yet, but I did know it was there.

Growing up in Indiana and taking a trip south to Florida many many times, we have stopped at numerous Waffle House Restaurants. The Indiana/Kentucky line always seemed to be the starting point, for the most part, of finding an abundance of WH eateries.

While I never really thought WH were the dirtiest places I ever seen, their usually to busy to be the cleanest either.

One thing that I always thought was that Waffle House Restauruants all had a Southern Appeal, Southern Charm, whatever you want to call it.

I, myself, am partial to southern foods. You simply arent going to find "grits", in New York City. Much like you will not find a Philly Steak Sandwich in the Northwest USA. (at least I didnt, and I lived there a few years.)

I would love to see Waffle House Restaurants in more places, but I simply find it hard to believe that what is served in them, which is great btw, would be as popular in other area's of the USA.

Come to Indiana (or the midwest) for Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches, which many of you probably have never heard of, at least those not living in the Midwest. How about a BRAIN sandwich? You better get to Evansville Indiana For that, where they are wildly popular.

Want some Chicago Pizza? Only place to get that is Chicago. As much as I'd love to see these differing foods in more places, I'm afraid that something will be left out. Maybe just the "feel" of having a Philly Cheese Steak in Philly, etc. You can listen to Billy Joel's "New York State of Mind" in Los Angeles, but part of it is missing.

Waffle House belong in the Southern States, I don't know they would fit well in Maine or even Michigan, who knows...what I do know, is that if I were to go into a WH that is NOT in a Souther State, I'm sure not going to hear things like, "What do you need DARLIN'"? God I love Southern Hospitality.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18660
RE: Will the Waffle House Chain ever expand into 2007/10/15 14:10:35 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by MrKing.net

Waffle House belong in the Southern States, I don't know they would fit well in Maine or even Michigan, who knows...what I do know, is that if I were to go into a WH that is NOT in a Souther State, I'm sure not going to hear things like, "What do you need DARLIN'"? God I love Southern Hospitality.

You're probably right about Waffle House restaurants belonging only in Southern states. That's why the busiest two Waffle House restaurants in the United States are both in Ohio, and owned by the woman who also owns the ones in Indiana.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13523
RE: Will the Waffle House Chain ever expand into 2007/10/15 14:48:27 (permalink)
For Waffle House fans:

http://www.wafflehouse.com/funfacts.asp

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
tamandmik
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 949
RE: Will the Waffle House Chain ever expand into 2007/10/16 09:40:29 (permalink)
New Mexico seems to be a 'dead' location for Waffle House. According to their map, only 2 exist in Albuquerque. I live next to El Paso Texas, and interestingly, there are no Waffle Houses in West Texas either. The closest one is in Amarillo. Arizona, in contrast, is full of Waffle Houses in both Tucson and the Phoenix area.
bianco500
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Will the Waffle House Chain ever expand into 2007/10/22 04:43:08 (permalink)
None exist on the West Coast or in Nevada/Idaho/Utah.

I mostly think they're avoiding the MAJOR MAJOR areas because of Real Estate cost, which is the case for everything west of the Rockies
Quartz
Cheeseburger
RE: Will the Waffle House Chain ever expand into 2007/11/15 23:23:25 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by bianco500

I mostly think they're avoiding the MAJOR MAJOR areas because of Real Estate cost, which is the case for everything west of the Rockies

So..., what's the excuse for Michigan?
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6396
RE: Will the Waffle House Chain ever expand into 2007/11/16 11:13:49 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by bianco500

Nevada/Idaho/Utah are MAJOR MAJOR areas?

It is not a real estate issue. Trust me. I've been involved in design and construction all over the United States.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1