Willie B's Closing

Author
motoeric
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 56
2008/08/20 23:36:49 (permalink)

Willie B's Closing

For BBQ fans in the NY area, you might want to know that Willie B's in Bayshore is closing on September first. Too bad, they were clearly one of the best BBQ places on Long Island.

Red Smoke in Brookhaven also closed (a few weeks ago).

Willie B's is hosting a party in the parking lot on the 30th to say goodbye. Stop by if you can. I'll be showing up and they will have the competition smoker going in the parking lot.

Eric

2 Replies Related Threads

Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5117
    RE: Willie B's Closing 2008/09/15 22:50:24 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by motoeric

For BBQ fans in the NY area, you might want to know that Willie B's in Bayshore is closing on September first. Too bad, they were clearly one of the best BBQ places on Long Island.

Red Smoke in Brookhaven also closed (a few weeks ago).

Willie B's is hosting a party in the parking lot on the 30th to say goodbye. Stop by if you can. I'll be showing up and they will have the competition smoker going in the parking lot.

Eric

Eric,

Somehow I missed this post when you made it, but drove past today and noticed the place was closed. That is really too bad, as Willie's was one of the best around. As I have read elsewhere, a lack of seating probably hurt, as some places with a lot worse food are still around.
    motoeric
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 56
    RE: Willie B's Closing 2008/09/21 22:55:04 (permalink)
    Tony,

Yeah, it sucks. The good news is that Smoking Sloes has improved significantly. I believe that Fatty Beltbuckles has closed again (or soon will).

What is left on Long Island? I know that Bad Bob's has been making noise about moving in more aggressively. Not a good sign.

I'm hoping to see you at the BBQ competition in Sayville. Willie will be competing there and should have some rub and sauce for sale.

Shoot me an email and let me know if you can make it. Oct. 25 and 26. If there are a bunch of area Roadfooders we should make it a happening.

saberinc at verizon dot net

Eric
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1