Wisconsin cheese

Author
seafarer john
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3481
2011/09/11 15:44:15 (permalink)

Wisconsin cheese

Did any one else see Al Roker making cheese in a factory in Wisconsin last week?
The cheese maker  showed him how to wrap a half pound of butter in a big ball of mozzarella.
Do they really do awful things like that in Wisconsin?

Cheers, John 

2 Replies Related Threads

JRPfeff
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2635
    Re:Wisconsin cheese 2011/09/11 17:08:43 (permalink)
    John,

Yes, its real. And its fantastic.

We received some of this Italian specialty cheese as a gift from the Italian end of the family and I cut into it not knowing what was inside.  It was quite a surprise to taste butter when I was expecting some sort of cheese.  We ended up using most of the butter as butter - meaning on bread or crackers.  If you can find it, definitely try it.

Jim
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10267
    Re:Wisconsin cheese 2011/09/12 02:02:22 (permalink)
    Gotta tell my favorite Wisconsin Cheese Story!
    A number of years ago, 1993 maybe, my wife and I went to Pasadena to see the Rose Parade. Wisconsin was in the Rose Bowl Game that year. A number of Badger fans were staying at our hotel. We were in the hotel bar 2 days before the Parade/Game and a group of said fans were having a good time. Someone asked the bartender if they had any bar snacks, AKA -cheese. The Reply was "No Sir".
    At that point, One of the fans got on his cell phone and called back home to his company and told his secretary to call the company pilot and have him fly some wheels of Cheese out to California in the company plane! The next afternoon there were several 20# Wheels of beautiful WI Cheese on a table in the bar compliments of this Gracious and Wealthy Badger Fan!
    P.S. Wisconsin had not been in the Rose Bowl for 30 years! They beat UCLA to win it.
    Fans at the Parade held up signs that read, "Barry Alvarez for President"
    post edited by Foodbme - 2011/09/12 02:12:37
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1