Wyttenbach's

Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5025
2007/11/18 15:21:11 (permalink)

Wyttenbach's

Last night we ate dinner at[url='http://www.wmeats.com/meatmarket.html']Wyttenbach's[/url] in Prairie du Sac, WI. We had one of those dining certificates that're purchased at half of face value so it seemed like a good opportunity.

We started with mozzarella sticks and stuffed (my guess is with a crab/seafood blend) mushrooms. The sticks were far too uniform to be made from scratch but the mushrooms could've been, and they were pretty tasty.

I had the 14 oz. ribeye and hash browns, my wife had a chicken breast on a bed of wild rice (not shown on the website menu) and asparagus with a light bearnaise sauce on the side, and offspring #2 ordered the mahimahi with the curry sauce on the side (also with hash browns). I ordered the steak rare and it was technically so although not nearly as rare as when I grill for myself, and the flavor was very good. It even came with a cup of au jus, which I'm not used to seeing with a steak but prime rib is a Saturday special so that might explain it. The mahimahi had a light taste that was almost chickenlike, but I'm no expert so I can't say if that's a good sign or not. But it tasted good. And my wife liked the chicken (which is supposed to be chickenlike). I got the feeling that the hash browns might've come from a box or a bag, though, unless the cook is amazingly consistent in his prep technique and portion size. The salad bar isn't big but contains the basics, and the 2 soups were a pretty good beef barley vegetable and an excellent cream of cauliflower; instead of soup with a few pieces of cauliflower it was more like a lot of cauliflower surrounded by a little bit of soup.

The building is only a couple of years old and the restaurant is upstairs of the bar, which serves to keep out any smoke and noise. It's not a big place (lots of restaurants have private rooms that're much larger) but it was comfortable and pleasant, although it has a vaulted ceiling and I like restaurants with low ceilings in the traditional supper club style. If a gentle snow had been falling outside it would've been quite cozy.

Mr. Mayor, perhaps your family in Baraboo might like to try it sometime if they haven't already.

Brad

1 Reply Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15221
    RE: Wyttenbach's 2007/11/19 04:41:44 (permalink)
    Brad,
    I am forwarding your review to them. Will report any outcomes.
    AL
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1