The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Yet Another Food truck build!

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 3 of 12, messages 61 to 90 of 347
BBQ Seeker

• Total Posts: 15
Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 01/18/12 2:33 PM (permalink)
The plastic really won't make that much difference in your calculations. I would drill two holes, one high and one low, spray the foam into the lower opening and stop when it comes out the top. You can "leap frog" up the panel in this manner, at least until you run out of foam. For what it's worth I think I'd lean more towards parchment or wax paper and leave the plastic out of the equation. Hell just use "Pam"!

Vince
BT,
Don't worry about your box I'll do this. And BAB, I'm having second thoughts about the plastic sheeting. If I use plastic it is slick enough that it won't really represent the way the foam will go into and fill up the space. There is no plastic in between my open space, and It will only help, in the take apart but that's all. I may have to do this a couple of times to really get down to the best way to handle the job. But I'll take pictures and give it a try and let you both know how it goes.
Jack

reese77

• Total Posts: 508
    Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 01/18/12 3:51 PM (permalink)
    BTM676,

Did you fabricate the bumper?

BTM676

• Total Posts: 202
      Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 01/18/12 4:19 PM (permalink)
      Hello reese.
      I'm a big fan for your trend.
      I did fabricate the bumper. Its 17 inch wide 82 long. 4 inch Alumium channel. I'm not an iron worker or welder but thats why the right side is lower then the left side but it gives the truck some character. haha Oh my tail lights are going on the bumper.

reese77

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 01/18/12 4:52 PM (permalink)
        BTM676

Hello reese.
        I'm a big fan for your trend.
        I did fabricate the bumper. Its 17 inch wide 82 long. 4 inch Alumium channel. I'm not an iron worker or welder but thats why the right side is lower then the left side but it gives the truck some character. haha Oh my tail lights are going on the bumper.

Cool, glad your enjoying my thread. There are more pictures on my Flicker page (link in thread), I will be doing more work at end of month when I have more time.

Does the bumper hold your weight?

P.S. I like your 3 well sink, I was looking for one that size but all the 3 well sinks I saw online were way too big and costly. How much did you pay for it? You said 36L x 19D, how tall is it?
        <message edited by reese77 on Wed, 01/18/12 5:00 PM>

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 01/18/12 7:41 PM (permalink)
          Yeah I clicked on your flicker page last night to check your pictures out. I'm up to the plumbing part so I was looking on how you did it.

The bumper totally holds my weight. My uncle, cuz and me stood on it together and nothing moved. Total weight was atleast 600lbs. Its bolted with 9/16 bolts. Since it sticks out 17 inches it also goes back into the frame 18 inches. The bumper weighs about 60lbs.

Sink... I got it from www.landjimport.com . They are a wholesaler. It was $330 didnt come with faucet. Did come with drains and legs. It was the smallest free standing 3 bay sink i could find anywhere. I think there online prices are much more then when i went there. I know your from GA so NYC is out the question.

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 01/18/12 7:45 PM (permalink)
            " _mce_src="http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/null" />

reese77

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 01/18/12 8:04 PM (permalink)
              BTM676

Yeah I clicked on your flicker page last night to check your pictures out. I'm up to the plumbing part so I was looking on how you did it.

The bumper totally holds my weight. My uncle, cuz and me stood on it together and nothing moved. Total weight was atleast 600lbs. Its bolted with 9/16 bolts. Since it sticks out 17 inches it also goes back into the frame 18 inches. The bumper weighs about 60lbs.

Sink... I got it from www.landjimport.com . They are a wholesaler. It was $330 didnt come with faucet. Did come with drains and legs. It was the smallest free standing 3 bay sink i could find anywhere. I think there online prices are much more then when i went there. I know your from GA so NYC is out the question.

Wow, nice website, I missed that one. Man, I really like that sink...wishing I would have researched further. Do not use my plumbing as an example. I had to route around my tall tank which I do not like and I'm actually looking for a replacement 35gal tank that is lower so I can mount my drains directly under the sinks versus around the tank.

Keep the pictures coming...

THE WILD DOG

• Total Posts: 1465
                Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 01/18/12 8:58 PM (permalink)
                @ Reese... Damn it.. lol I got that tank too and hand to raise my sinks to get it to fit under but I cut my drain pipes to accomodate the pvc pipes too... it's a nice fit, but the plumbing is def tight. If I have to work on the tank, I will only have to cut one pipe off and replace it. I've had my fair share of whacky plumbing in the past. I'm used to it, I just learned to have a very large drain pipe so that there isn't the possibility of a clog. The last thing you want is a whif of that water

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 01/18/12 9:12 PM (permalink)
                  The only way i found that sink company was going to Chinatown and walking up and down the streets. lol I figured if there are over 300 ice cream trucks and street venders everywhere in NYC, someone has to sell food truck stuff. haha

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 01/18/12 9:31 PM (permalink)
                    Reese,
                    For the FRP board did you glue it to the walls or use the push rivets? I want to use the push rivets just in cause i have to take it down but i dont know if that will hold.
                    Also where did you find the alumium window trim?

THE WILD DOG

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 01/18/12 9:36 PM (permalink)
                      it holds just fine... it's like any other rivet, Just make sure that the rivets stay warm b/c when they are cold they break alot easier. Learned that from my first build. luckily I did them this time in the summer.

reese77

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 01/18/12 9:48 PM (permalink)
                        THE WILD DOG

@ Reese... Damn it.. lol I got that tank too and hand to raise my sinks to get it to fit under but I cut my drain pipes to accomodate the pvc pipes too... it's a nice fit, but the plumbing is def tight. If I have to work on the tank, I will only have to cut one pipe off and replace it. I've had my fair share of whacky plumbing in the past. I'm used to it, I just learned to have a very large drain pipe so that there isn't the possibility of a clog. The last thing you want is a whif of that water

Ha...Sorry, it is a nice tank just large, I might try to plumb over it again but it was the black screw on top that was in my way.

reese77

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 01/18/12 9:49 PM (permalink)
                          BTM676

Reese,
                          For the FRP board did you glue it to the walls or use the push rivets? I want to use the push rivets just in cause i have to take it down but i dont know if that will hold.
                          Also where did you find the alumium window trim?

I glued the FRP and also riveted but just the one behind my sink, the other panels are just riveted no glue.

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 01/18/12 10:29 PM (permalink)
                            Thank you guys for the tips. I dont want to use the glue if i can avoid it
                            Oh... did you drill and rivet into the beams or into the plywood between the beams.  

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
                              • Roadfood Insider
                              Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 01/18/12 11:22 PM (permalink)
                              Oh guys I hate to bring this up but don't you guys need drain boards, on the ends of your sinks? The HD in some states requires them.

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Thu, 01/19/12 12:09 AM (permalink)
                                My state (PA) requires one for clean and sanitized dishes. I emailed them about it. They said it doesnt have to be hooked to the the sink. I am looking into one that hooks onto the sink, that way i can remove it for more room.  Thanks for bring it up Doc. I'm going to look into more. I need to know the facts before i start mounting things.

Here is my email to the HD and his answer.

ME: I'm emailing you this time about a question I have about the 3 bay sink. Does the sink need to have a drain board(s) or a drain board by the sink? And is there any minimum bowl or overall sink dimensions requirements?
                                HD: "As per the food code there is no specific size.  Your three compartment sink has to be large enough to submerge wash rinse and sanitize your largest piece of equipment. The drian board does not have to be attached to the sink.  You have to have an area in the trailer to drain / store clean equipment."

THE WILD DOG

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Thu, 01/19/12 12:51 AM (permalink)
                                  mine didn't mind me having racks above the sink to dry the pans. However my new sink has drain boards on both sides. I removed the sinks from my trailer and just put in a hand washing station for the time being until I can redo the plumbing issues ive had with the trailer constantly since last summer. They were fine with that as well.

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                    Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Thu, 01/19/12 1:00 AM (permalink)
                                    Good deal I should have known you guys would do your research.
                                    That's great.
                                    Congratulations on your progress.

reese77

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Thu, 01/19/12 8:22 AM (permalink)
                                      Dr of BBQ

Oh guys I hate to bring this up but don't you guys need drain boards, on the ends of your sinks? The HD in some states requires them.

I have a drain board on one side of my sink and they sell hook on drain boards (Amazon, Webstaurantstore.com) that I can hook onto the divider so I have a board on both side. I will also screw a drain shelf above the sink.

BackAlleyBurger

• Total Posts: 1077
                                        Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Fri, 01/20/12 4:22 AM (permalink)
                                        man you guys are lucky, i have to have 12" minimum on each end, and it has to be a part of the sink...they were very clear on it couldnt be an add on, or adjacent countertop...

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Fri, 01/20/12 9:57 AM (permalink)
                                          Yeah, Since my town has no local HD or zoning officer I have to meet State min code. Which is good for me. But there still is alot of gray area with the state form.

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Fri, 01/20/12 10:06 AM (permalink)
                                            I ordered my hood system from Hood mart the other day. So waiting for that. I want to start hooking up the propane lines to the tank but have really no clue what regulator to use or lines. Any suggestions? or should i just call the plumber?

THE WILD DOG

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Fri, 01/20/12 7:44 PM (permalink)
                                              3/4 black iron pipe... just torque it down good. no need for plumber unless you are worried you won't tighten enough. automatic change over regulator, only cost $60 roughly if that.  I'll upload a few pics of mine with some links

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Fri, 01/20/12 10:24 PM (permalink)
                                                Thank you wild dog! That will help me and others out so much.

THE WILD DOG

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Fri, 01/20/12 10:46 PM (permalink)

Click here to order it. It's only $34.00

BTM676

• Location: Newfoundland, PA
                                                    Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Thu, 01/26/12 10:53 PM (permalink)
                                                    Ok this week wasn't as productive as i wanted it to be but i did get some stuff done on the truck. I wired the brake and backup lights on the bumper. Came out good. I also primed the propane tank bracket. Thats all i got. The hood system should be in this coming week so I'll have pictures soon.

THE WILD DOG

• Location: Hunt Valley, MD
                                                      Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Fri, 01/27/12 12:58 AM (permalink)
                                                      me either. LOL  my fan fits, now just to cut the hole, and wire it. and start the plumbing and test the gas lines.. then I can get the electrician out to check everything... no time at all this week.

RiceWorks

• Total Posts: 25
                                                        Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Mon, 01/30/12 4:45 PM (permalink)
                                                        I know you didn't say you have but make sure you don't paint your propane tanks! Friend of mine did that and the places here won't fill them up if you do. Looking good so far!

BTM676

• Location: Newfoundland, PA
                                                          Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Mon, 01/30/12 6:39 PM (permalink)
                                                          Thanks. I didnt even think of that! I'm just going to paint it back to white cause we used the tank to shape the bracket so the paint and stuff came off.

reese77

• Location: Stockbridge, GA
                                                            Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Mon, 01/30/12 7:08 PM (permalink)
                                                            RiceWorks

I know you didn't say you have but make sure you don't paint your propane tanks! Friend of mine did that and the places here won't fill them up if you do. Looking good so far!

Why would they not fill the tank? I painted my 100lb vertical tank gloss white using spray paint in order to cover up the old flat paint. Does this degrade the tank? I don't want this thing blowing on me like the Frites and Meats truck.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 3 of 12, messages 61 to 90 of 347

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com