The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Yet Another Food truck build!

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 6 of 12, messages 151 to 180 of 347
chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1951
Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Thu, 03/1/12 8:53 PM (permalink)
Heat tape
I have my waste line wrapped in heat tape, then insulated. I also have a heater on my waste tank, keeps things fluid most of the winter.
Keep the dump valve in the open position, with the end capped. The valve will freeze and you will never get it open. Sometimes I have to chip out a couple of inches of ice
from the end of the 3" pipe before things start to flow. 

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
    • Roadfood Insider
    Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Thu, 03/1/12 8:58 PM (permalink)
    This may be a stupid question but my faucet that is outside my deck doesn't freeze, so why can you use the same type of faucet for a drain line? And of course expect it not to freeze up in the winter.

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1951
      Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Thu, 03/1/12 10:07 PM (permalink)
      Are you talking about a frost free?

mofood

• Total Posts: 117
        Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Thu, 03/1/12 11:56 PM (permalink)
        Thanks ChefBubba. I cant believe I havnt run into that heater on PPL.

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
          Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Fri, 03/2/12 12:02 AM (permalink)
          yes what ever there called. Yes

marco226

• Total Posts: 177
            Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Sun, 03/11/12 8:40 AM (permalink)
            Mike,
            who did you get your tanks from.

BTM676

• Total Posts: 202
              Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Sun, 03/11/12 10:32 PM (permalink)
              marco226

Mike,
              who did you get your tanks from.

Hey!
              Its www.randpcarriages.com

marco226

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 03/14/12 10:43 AM (permalink)
                MIKE thanks a couple questions how many gallon is your water tank and how many gallons is your gray tank.
                i found a 30gal water tank can't seem to find a 45gal gray water tank. any thoughts.

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 03/14/12 8:39 PM (permalink)
                  marco226

MIKE thanks a couple questions how many gallon is your water tank and how many gallons is your gray tank.
                  i found a 30gal water tank can't seem to find a 45gal gray water tank. any thoughts.

R and P doesnt have 45 gal in that style of tank. I am using a 21 gal fresh tank. I have the 30 gal tank as well. I'm making that 30 gal tank into the gray tank. Also keep in mind which i just so happen to think of the other day was if you have a hot water tank which hold water so you have to account that into the size of your gray tank. 21 gal tank + 4 gal hot water tank = 25 gal. 25 gal * 15% state require = 3.75 added to your gray tank. So a 30 gallon tank accounts for a 4 gal hot water tank. You dont have to worry about it if you use an On demand hot water system.
                  P.S. Did you happen to talk to anyone or look into somewhere to dump your tanks like a treatment plant. I havent done it yet.

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 03/14/12 8:41 PM (permalink)
                    " _mce_src="http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/null" />
                    So I finally finished mounting the FRP to the walls and ceiling. I also started to put PVC trim around the edges.  But as you can see i added a 4ft 30in equipment stand, next to the table towards the front of the truck will the fryer. Now i'm going to work on the plumbing and gray tank.
                    <message edited by BTM676 on Wed, 03/14/12 8:48 PM>

kingofcreams

• Total Posts: 111
                      Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Thu, 03/15/12 11:01 AM (permalink)
                      A local gas station has an RV waste dump site that I use. You just pull up, run your waste hose to the drain in the ground and discharge it.
                      BTM676

So I finally finished mounting the FRP to the walls and ceiling. I also started to put PVC trim around the edges.  But as you can see i added a 4ft 30in equipment stand, next to the table towards the front of the truck will the fryer. Now i'm going to work on the plumbing and gray tank.

marco226

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Thu, 03/15/12 3:18 PM (permalink)
                        mike i plan on talking to the camp ground this weekend. the one near GRESHAMS CHOP HOUSE. DID YOU CHECK OUT MY FLOOR.
                        your truck is looking good.

Mkinzi94

• Total Posts: 34
                          Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Thu, 03/15/12 8:41 PM (permalink)
                          Hey BTM!

Looking good on the build!  Boy I really got lost for a few minutes - then I realized Back Alley was posting pics for you originally.   Back on track.....

What I noticed (was it page 1?) is how the wall struts you added have the radius up at the top to match the roof radius.  I'm thinking of doing the same thing for strength since I'm adding 16" of roof height.  Do you have a sketch for that since it doesn't seem to be a 90 degree radius?  Sure I could template it but if you've got it already....

Thanks - and keep the pics coming!

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Thu, 03/15/12 9:20 PM (permalink)
                            marco226

mike i plan on talking to the camp ground this weekend. the one near GRESHAMS CHOP HOUSE. DID YOU CHECK OUT MY FLOOR.
                            your truck is looking good.

Hey Marco,
                            Ok cool let me know what they say. If you can. I'm going to email the state and ask about the septic tank idea and have someone come in and pump it out. Oh and as for your floor it came out great! Not going to lie, I'm jealous. I know you got it cut to one piece which was a great idea. Oh think I'm going to to be talking to ya about a 40 lbs fryer.

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Thu, 03/15/12 9:35 PM (permalink)
                              Mkinzi94

Hey BTM!

Looking good on the build!  Boy I really got lost for a few minutes - then I realized Back Alley was posting pics for you originally.   Back on track.....

What I noticed (was it page 1?) is how the wall struts you added have the radius up at the top to match the roof radius.  I'm thinking of doing the same thing for strength since I'm adding 16" of roof height.  Do you have a sketch for that since it doesn't seem to be a 90 degree radius?  Sure I could template it but if you've got it already....

Thanks - and keep the pics coming!

Hey MKinzi94,
                              What i did was use a contour gauge to match the contour of the truck. They work better then sketch, plus it faster and more accurate. I traced the outline with a scratch awl onto the metal and cut it out with a jig saw and bandsaw. Bandsaw worked the best. lol You can get the gauge at any hardware store. (There a great tool to have....you'll use it more then once.) This link has pictures of the contour gauge. http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0PDoX4wlmJPC1wAGiGJzbkF?p=contour+gauge+&fr=yfp-t-521-s&ei=utf-8&n=30&x=wrt

Mkinzi94

• Total Posts: 34
                                Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Fri, 03/16/12 12:35 AM (permalink)
                                That's what I had in mind earlier today!  Now that you included the link, one of the pictures got me wondering if a friend who's a cabinet maker might have one...thanks for that.

That's what is great about this board - many heads...

Cheers!

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Fri, 03/16/12 8:03 AM (permalink)
                                  Mkinzi94

That's what I had in mind earlier today!  Now that you included the link, one of the pictures got me wondering if a friend who's a cabinet maker might have one...thanks for that.

That's what is great about this board - many heads...

Cheers!

No Problem! Thats what i like about this site, good info and many ideas. Good luck let me know what happens.

kingofcreams

• Total Posts: 111
                                    Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Fri, 03/16/12 8:25 AM (permalink)
                                    Yeah, i owe you a thanks too. I never knew about a contour gage till reading your post. Went and got one to radius out my counter top.

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Fri, 03/16/12 12:24 PM (permalink)
                                      Welcome. There good to have around thats for sure. lol

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Wed, 03/28/12 9:01 PM (permalink)
                                        I'm back!!! lol From the last post to now I got done the following:
                                        -All FRP panels are up.
                                        -PVC Trim is covering most of the seams around the ceiling and walls.
                                        -Welded the bumper just have to mount the grating.
                                        -Made and added another 100lb propane tank bracket.
                                        -Have all my pex tubing and hot water tank, and pump
                                        -Ordered a floor should be in by monday.
                                        I will take pictures soon!

marco226

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Sat, 03/31/12 9:15 AM (permalink)
                                          hey Mike,
                                          so tell me what kind of hot water heater did you get?
                                          and also what pump did you go with.
                                          my tanks should be in soon.
                                          and i and ready to oder the water heater and pump.
                                          next is the rv lp gas tank boy are they expensive.

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                                            Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Sat, 03/31/12 10:31 AM (permalink)
                                            Best water pumps 12 volt or 110 are
                                            http://www.shurflo.com/

But pick the model and then do a search for the best price.
                                            Sometimes you can save $30 or $40 dollars on them.
                                            <message edited by Dr of BBQ on Sat, 03/31/12 10:33 AM>

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Sat, 03/31/12 11:18 AM (permalink)
                                              Ok thanks Doc.

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Sat, 03/31/12 11:59 AM (permalink)
                                                marco226

hey Mike,
                                                so tell me what kind of hot water heater did you get?
                                                and also what pump did you go with.
                                                my tanks should be in soon.
                                                and i and ready to oder the water heater and pump.
                                                next is the rv lp gas tank boy are they expensive.

Hey.
                                                I went with a hot water tank instead of on-demand. I just dont have the room to vent it. The tank i got was Bosch 4gal Ariston. The pump i got was Flojet Triplex Diaphragm 3526 Series Automatic Water Pump. I got everything from Amazon. I should know how everything works late next week. I'm just waiting on the floor.
                                                And yeah those horizontal tanks are 3 times the money.

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                                                  Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Sat, 03/31/12 12:29 PM (permalink)
                                                  Flojet is an ok pump but don't buy any pump that isn't rated to self prime and run dry.

marco226

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Tue, 04/3/12 7:02 PM (permalink)
                                                    hey Mike finally talked to the camp ground.
                                                    i can fill up with potable water and dump my waste water from may to october.
                                                    for 10.00

BTM676

• Location: Newfoundland, PA
                                                      Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Tue, 04/3/12 9:55 PM (permalink)
                                                      marco226

hey Mike finally talked to the camp ground.
                                                      i can fill up with potable water and dump my waste water from may to october.
                                                      for 10.00

Dude thats sweet! Thats big! Now you dont have to worry about anything.

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Sun, 04/8/12 9:27 PM (permalink)
                                                        Finally got the floor and finished the FRP. Tomorrow I'm installing the waste tank and the PEX lines for the sinks. Here is a picture at this current time.

Dr of BBQ

• Location: Springfield, IL
                                                          • Roadfood Insider
                                                          Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Sun, 04/8/12 9:36 PM (permalink)
                                                          Your looking good buddy. What did you use for your floor covering?
                                                          jack

BTM676

Re:Yet Another Food truck build! Mon, 04/9/12 9:46 PM (permalink)
                                                            Dr of BBQ

Your looking good buddy. What did you use for your floor covering?
                                                            jack

Thanks Jack. Its slowly coming together. lol
                                                            I used commercial grade 20 mil linoleum. Its about 1/8 of an inch thick. 25 year warranty. They only had two colors left at a discounted price so I got the one that wasnt that ugly. HAHAHA Cost me $175 and they installed it.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 6 of 12, messages 151 to 180 of 347

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com