You have got to try this!

Author
jellybear
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1135
2004/10/22 10:08:32 (permalink)

You have got to try this!

Thanks Tommy for that great recipe for Clam Pizza,I made one last nite and I cant even describe how outstanding it turned out!The olive oil and herbs gave the crust a buttery texture and next time I will use more clams ,but anyway this will be a new stable in my pizza files.

4 Replies Related Threads

carlton pierre
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: You have got to try this! 2004/10/23 05:56:39 (permalink)
    I'm not sure what Clam Pizza the writer was referring to but it reminded me of a neat little pizza I used to get in Lebanon, OH, SW OH. It was called a Pierogi Pizza and it was a pizza crust with cheese and butter and sauces on the crust, then a thick layer of mashed potatoes and baked to a golden brown. Darn good. However, the place that made them is no longer in business.

carl reitz
    jellybear
    • Total Posts : 1135
    RE: You have got to try this! 2004/10/23 09:52:13 (permalink)
    I ave tried a pizza similar to what you described and it was the dryest thing I ever put in my mouth!Somehow mashed potatoes and pizza just dont mix!
    Tommy2dogs
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 348
    RE: You have got to try this! 2004/10/23 15:36:41 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by jellybear

Thanks Tommy for that great recipe for Clam Pizza,I made one last nite and I cant even describe how outstanding it turned out!The olive oil and herbs gave the crust a buttery texture and next time I will use more clams ,but anyway this will be a new stable in my pizza files.

glad you liked it, it's one of my favorites. can't take credit for it though, got it from a cookbook
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: You have got to try this! 2004/10/23 17:35:13 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by carlton pierre

I'm not sure what Clam Pizza the writer was referring to but it reminded me of a neat little pizza I used to get in Lebanon, OH, SW OH. It was called a Pierogi Pizza and it was a pizza crust with cheese and butter and sauces on the crust, then a thick layer of mashed potatoes and baked to a golden brown. Darn good. However, the place that made them is no longer in business.

carl reitz

Topic discussed a week or 2 ago: http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5150
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1