Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Your Favorite Peanut Butter

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 31 to 60 of 66
dreamzpainter

• Total Posts: 1609
RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Thu, 03/3/05 4:38 PM (permalink)
As my wife walked in loaded down with Girl Scout cookies I recalled this thread, Why? you ask... Girl Scout mint cookies and p-nut butter sammichs!!! A good dollop of p-nut butter between 2 mint cookies. ..........mmMMmmmm............

jmeller

• Total Posts: 4
    RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Sun, 03/6/05 6:34 PM (permalink)
    Plain Jiff with strawberry jam fried like grilled cheese. Of course honey wheat or Oatnut bread for a thick outside. My husbands family thinks I'm nuts and won't even try it. But of course me and my sister swear it's the best! We also tried the famous Elvis fried peanut butter and banana at Graceland and that was yummy too but I tend to stick to pb and j at home.

Jim Ross

• Total Posts: 314
      RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Sun, 03/6/05 6:47 PM (permalink)
      I know someone has already mentioned it, but I have to say Trader Joe's unsalted Crunchy Peanut Butter (or Creamy if you insist) is the very best I've found. There are absolutely no added ingredients so you have to keep it in refrigerator after opening, but the oil content is such that it maintains a good consistency. Much better than any other natural peanut butter I've tried. The flavor is pure peanuts. Now that I've moved to Iowa and don't have a Trader Joe's nearby, I always make it a point to stock up on my trips to Chicago.

cyrano

• Total Posts: 120
        RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Sun, 03/6/05 10:23 PM (permalink)
        Roasted salted peanuts crunched up into peanut butter in my Cuisinart is my favorite. My favorite store-bought is Laura Scudder natural crunchy, stuffed into the inside of an English muffin or a Father Sam's mini pita that's been warmed (but not all the way to toast) in the toaster.

I can't take the sweetness of most commercial peanut butter.

dctourist

• Total Posts: 325
          RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Wed, 03/9/05 9:02 AM (permalink)
          I'm with Cyrano. Could never understand why peanut butter needed to be sweetened. I'm also with Tedbear and Ericats on the Trader Joe's organic crunchy. A typical breakfast for me is toasted multigrain cinnamon raisin bread with PB and bananas. I also mix PB with a little water, soy sauce, and chili paste for stirfries.

ctfrasier

• Total Posts: 253
            RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Wed, 03/16/05 5:25 PM (permalink)
            I LOVE Jif creamy! By far my favorite peanut butter. Kroger's creamy peanut butter is pretty good, too. Tastes a lot like Jif. Skippy and Peter Pan are too sugary. The sweetness overpowers the peanut flavor.

My dad used to buy this cheap peanut butter called Big Chief, anyone else suffer through this stuff? It was the worst. Within two or three days of being opened the oil would seperate and the sugar would crystalize so you got grainy bits in your pb&j. I hated it when Dad did the shopping.

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
              RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Sat, 03/19/05 6:38 AM (permalink)
              Adams Natural Peanut butter. Crunchy. The best

Sarge 569

• Total Posts: 60
                RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Sun, 03/20/05 11:08 PM (permalink)
                Don't know why but only eat peanut butter on bread that I can buy here in Florida has to be crunchy from walmart

Sarge 569

• Total Posts: 60
                  RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Mon, 03/21/05 9:39 PM (permalink)
                  WalMart's house brand "Great Value" crunchy is the best peanut butter I have found.

jamesb

• Total Posts: 31
                    RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Mon, 03/21/05 10:03 PM (permalink)
                    I'm with mr.chips on the adams crunchy peanut butter. Must admit to an affinity for their no stir version. Yeah, the hydrogenated oils probably aren't good for me, but I don't like my pb cold and don't like stirring in the oil. Least there's no sugar or anything else in it 'cept the peanuts. JAMESB

scbuzz

• Total Posts: 844
                      RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Tue, 03/22/05 9:31 AM (permalink)
                      Peter Pan extra crunchy, Jif extra crunchy is a close second !

I love PB .... I eat it straight from the jar !

AndreaB

• Total Posts: 1303
                        RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Tue, 03/22/05 9:43 AM (permalink)
                        Remember the "Mr. Peanut" peanut butter maker? You put the peanuts in his hat and turned his arm (I think). I don't remember if the product was edible, but it couldn't have been any worse than the "easy bake oven". Ha ha!

Andrea

elswinger

• Total Posts: 57
                          RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Tue, 03/22/05 4:56 PM (permalink)
                          I only eat Skippy Super Crunch. I like it with Strawberry Jelly (not jam, not preserves) on fluffy white bread served with a cold glass of milk.

beacupcake

• Total Posts: 29
                            RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Fri, 04/1/05 10:50 AM (permalink)
                            My favorite is Trader Joe's Cashew Macademia nut butter. Delicious! Only a little crunchy, but mostly creamy.

hefried

• Total Posts: 367
                              RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Fri, 04/1/05 11:19 AM (permalink)
                              adams natural peanut butter. no sugar. peanuts and salt. BUUUUUUT
                              i llllooovvvee it with marshmallow creme. a fluffernutter.

oldfrt

• Total Posts: 269
                                RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Sat, 04/9/05 6:36 PM (permalink)
                                Someone mentioned making their own which I do occasionally. Around the Holidays we usually invest in cans of nuts for snack food when Co. comes over and always end up with a can or two that are still half full. My favorite is taking the left over Cashews and putting them in the food processor with maybe a slice or two of butter. Blend till creamy and get the bread out!

Don

corabeth

• Total Posts: 157
                                  RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Tue, 04/12/05 1:40 PM (permalink)
                                  My sister & I would mix equal amounts of creamy peanut butter & grape jelly. It turns out to be this grayish purple color. Looks disgusting, but when I need a comfort food fix, I will mix up a batch.

long dog

• Total Posts: 295
                                    RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Wed, 04/13/05 7:51 PM (permalink)
                                    creamy - either Peter Pan or Jif

crunchy - Skippy

Skippy Roasted Honey Nut Super Chunk is my absolute favorite variety

luv

• Total Posts: 22
                                      RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Sat, 05/21/05 3:40 PM (permalink)
                                      Skippy and Smucker's.

emsmom

• Total Posts: 955
                                        RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Sat, 05/21/05 7:32 PM (permalink)
                                        I am glad that someone finally mentioned Peter Pan. It is my favorite. I like a peanut butter and sliced dill pickled sandwich.
                                        quote:
                                        Originally posted by Shara

Peter Pan creamy on challah bread (or toast) with strawberry jam.

My boyfriend eats peanut butter in what I find odd combinations with other stuff. The other night though he had me try peanut butter on celery sprinkled with wasabi peas. I thought he was crazy, but the sweetness of the peanut butter and the spicy wasabi was a wow combo. :)

Born in OKC

• Total Posts: 428
                                          RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Sat, 05/21/05 10:37 PM (permalink)
                                          When all is said and done, as sevral have previously noted, it is the PB that counts and not the crackers or bread or jelly. Give me a tablespoon and a jar of PB and a glass of milk.

Rab Dalas

• Total Posts: 16
                                            RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Tue, 05/24/05 8:07 AM (permalink)
                                            My absolute fave is Peter Pan Honey Roast Creamy. Rodenberry's was my choice, but I haven't seen it in 4-5 years.

I used to eat pb, sliced American cheese, 57 sauce and mayo sandwiches. Now the 2 ways I usually eat it are out of the jar or...on hot dogs. Most people refuse to try it, but those who have have all admitted it wasn't bad.

I mentioned this to a co-worker a couple weeks ago and he thought it sounded good; he liked it on bologna sandwiches. Mighty versatile, this peanut butter.

singing: "Hot dogs, Armour hot dogs. What do kids put on Armour Hot Dogs?...even peanut butter too on hot dogs, Armour hot dogs, the dogs kids love to bite."

plantdetective

• Total Posts: 38
                                              RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Thu, 05/26/05 5:46 PM (permalink)
                                              i like the fresh ground that you get at healthfood/natural stores such as Whole Earth Food, nothing but peanuts, and I dont have to clean the blender.

Greyghost

• Total Posts: 1336
                                                RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Sun, 05/29/05 7:03 PM (permalink)
                                                None of the name brands for me. Just look at the labels, good peanut oil removed and replaced with hydrogenated oils and additives of every sort.

For good peanut butter do not look at the brand name, look at the ingredients. The list of ingredients should consist of either of list 1 or list 2 with nothing else added.

List 1. Peanuts.

List 2. Peanuts, Salt.

sandwackers

• Total Posts: 8
                                                  RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Sat, 06/4/05 1:53 AM (permalink)
                                                  Anything that is just peanuts and salt. I love making cookies with Laura Scudders Natural Crunchy. Just a jar and 2c sugar, 2 eggs and 8 min at 325 F. MMmmmmm...these are the best. I guess the sugar sort of ruins the Natural affect....

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
                                                    RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Sat, 06/4/05 4:57 AM (permalink)
                                                    Skippy Roasted Honey Nut, creamy. Couple with blueberry preserves on white bread or french bread toast, and I'm in heaven.

Buckshot

• Total Posts: 89
                                                      • Location: Waco, Tx & Morristown, TN
                                                      RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Sat, 06/25/05 2:29 PM (permalink)
                                                      Peter Pan or Jif creamy, on saltines or Ritz. Can't go duck hunting without pb and crackers! Always have to fix enough for me and my lab!

Buckshot

dreamzpainter

• Total Posts: 1609
                                                        • Location: jacksonville, FL
                                                        RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Sat, 06/25/05 2:50 PM (permalink)
                                                        my dogs favorite treat is the nearly empty p-nut butter "jar", she'll practically turn herself inside out running through all her tricks, once she gets it she walks around with it stuck on her muzzle and even after every speck is gone she chews the plastic to pieces

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17845
                                                          • Location: Gahanna, OH
                                                          RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Sat, 06/25/05 3:49 PM (permalink)
                                                          quote:
                                                          Originally posted by Buckshot

Peter Pan or Jif creamy, on saltines or Ritz. Can't go duck hunting without pb and crackers! Always have to fix enough for me and my lab!

Buckshot

My dogs have always been partiial to salami and cheese sandwiches when hunting.

Forsyth

• Total Posts: 33
                                                            • Location: New York, NY
                                                            RE: Your Favorite Peanut Butter Sun, 06/26/05 1:50 PM (permalink)
                                                            Trader Joe's crunchy alla way!

My Da's favorite sandwich: Whole grain bread, peanut butter and mayo.

It's comfort food to me. Sounds disgusting, but the tang of the mayo is just perfect with the peanut butter.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 31 to 60 of 66

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com