The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin?

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 31 to 60 of 65
Maynerd

• Total Posts: 256
RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/3/04 11:33 AM (permalink)
Valomilk- chocolate cups filled with marshmallow stuff.

Kristi S.

• Total Posts: 712
    RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/3/04 11:50 AM (permalink)
    Tastykake "Kandy Kakes"
    Goldfish (Pizza Flavor)
    New York brand Bagel Chips
    Pistachios
    if I'm feeling decadent, Mint Milanos

and the list goes on

Grizzly

• Total Posts: 36
      RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/3/04 12:55 PM (permalink)
      1 - Those cheap house brand vanilla sandwich cookies (cheap and yummy dunked in milk)
      2 - Keebler Chips Deluxe
      3 - Double Stuff Oreos (first tried as an adult, NEVER had these as a kid)
      4 - Pecan Sandies (got this taste from Dad)
      5 - Those filled oatmeal cookies with date and raspberry (National Brand, name escapes me)

Spudnut

• Total Posts: 655
        RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/3/04 1:27 PM (permalink)
        Nutella.

Might be kind of "fancy," but it's in the supermarket....

Jellybeans

• Total Posts: 312
          RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/3/04 1:33 PM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by Phil J.

Nutella.

Phil, Nutella is not considered fancy in the UK and Europe When I backpacked through Western Europe a few years ago, I saved money by carrying around the biggest jar of Nutella I could, a butter knife and buying the local bread to slather it on (This is not to say that I ate that all the time: I ate it when I was transiting between places and saving my shoestring budget for a great local meal at a destination I was heading towards--it's a fine balance between being economical with the limited money one has and getting the most out of one's culinary adventures)

ocdreamr

• Total Posts: 1109
            RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/3/04 2:03 PM (permalink)
            While not widely available, there's not a supermarket in this area that doesn't have "Berger's Cookies" http://www.bergercookies.com/index.htm Definitley a comfort food. The cookie itself isn't much but oh the chocolat on top!!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17845
              RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/3/04 2:24 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by i95

Two words: DEVIL DOGS.

Absolutely!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17845
                RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/3/04 2:29 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by clothier

three words:

What are those?

They are cream-filled devil's food cake delights that are made by a division of Continental Baking Co. Unfortunately, they are not available in my area of Ohio, and the daughter who used to ship them to me from Connecticut moved to Arizona -- and they don't have them there.

hatteras04

• Total Posts: 1070
                  RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/3/04 2:30 PM (permalink)
                  Chips Ahoy and Fudge Stripes are my favorite. I never buy the fudge stripes because a bag will probably only last me about an hour or two.

The girl scout cookies I like are the samoas (I think). They are the ones with the toasted coconut.

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7399
                    • Roadfood Insider
                    RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/3/04 2:42 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by skylar0ne

He's been eating these for years, and strangely enough they haven't made him fat. He's 6'1, and only weighs 175 lbs.

Is that possible???! I know many guys who are 6'1" and 200 lbs and are bone thin...I'm 6'2", if I weighed 175 lbs I would be in a pine box!!!

Acuff-12

• Total Posts: 82
                      RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/3/04 3:00 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by ocdreamr

One word - Mallomars

Yeah, thats the stuff!

jvsmom

• Total Posts: 462
                        RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/3/04 5:24 PM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by i95

quote:
                        Originally posted by jvsmom

quote:

three words:

What are those?

They're elongated whoopie pies. I'm sure you know what those are.

Good description, jvsmom!

Thanks, i95!

Spudnut

• Total Posts: 655
                          RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/3/04 6:12 PM (permalink)
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by Jellybeans

quote:
                          Originally posted by Phil J.

Nutella.

Phil, Nutella is not considered fancy in the UK and Europe When I backpacked through Western Europe a few years ago, I saved money by carrying around the biggest jar of Nutella I could, a butter knife and buying the local bread to slather it on (This is not to say that I ate that all the time: I ate it when I was transiting between places and saving my shoestring budget for a great local meal at a destination I was heading towards--it's a fine balance between being economical with the limited money one has and getting the most out of one's culinary adventures)

Yeah, I became familiar with Nutella while living in France. It was only when I came home that I found it was "gourmet" in this neck of the woods. Over there, they serve it from street carts, in crepes.

fogwater

• Total Posts: 40
                            RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Wed, 02/11/04 4:28 PM (permalink)
                            Every now & then, I have to buy a bag of Peek Freans Digestive cookies, the ones with the chocolate in a wave pattern on em. They're really good, & nice dunked into a cuppa earl grey. There's a local brand of doughnuts called Mrs. Dunster's (which inevitably becomes Mrs. Dumpster's) that are good heavy little things. I love jelly beans, and can devour quite a few at a sitting (Jelly Belly are good.) All-seasoned chips satisfy the salty-vinegary-spicy craving. This time of year, I sometimes get cinnamon hearts, even though they sap all the moisture out of my mouth after around 10 of them.

frognot

• Total Posts: 54
                              RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/17/04 6:07 PM (permalink)
                              quote:

I dropped of my youngest at my mom's this morning, and do you know what she had in the cookie jar?

Chocolate covered graham crackers.

And what a fine breakfast they were.

i haven't had them since Moby Dick was a minnow. Now i got a craving for them.

Never heard of Devil Dogs. What area of the country are they from?

Sundancer7

RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/17/04 8:06 PM (permalink)
                                Store Bought Sin?

Gotta be my rye whiskey from Canada.

I have been enjoying this treat from Canada for several years. Store bought sin? I think of it as a evening delight!!!!

Paul E. smith
                                Knoxville, TN

kdiammond

• Total Posts: 133
                                  RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/17/04 9:12 PM (permalink)
                                  Not a sweets person. However... a jar of limburger cheese spread from Mohawk Valley and RyeCrisp -- a sin (with fiber!). Also love an occasional cheapo jelly roll with unsweetened whipped cream. Actually will go have a limburger cracker now!

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
                                    RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/17/04 10:36 PM (permalink)
                                    Frognot---DevilDogs are big in the Northeast.

tiki

RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 02/17/04 10:39 PM (permalink)
                                      quote:
                                      Originally posted by Maynerd

Valomilk- chocolate cups filled with marshmallow stuff.

Just had these for the first time yesterday. Very tasty indeed!

Tristan Indiana

• Total Posts: 328
                                        RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Wed, 02/18/04 12:47 AM (permalink)
                                        I think my favorite store bought cookie has to be LU's dark chocolate little schoolboy biscuits. If you haven't tried them, they're a thin shortbread cookie with a 1 inch square piece of chocolate on top of it. Yummy

tiki

RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Wed, 02/18/04 6:12 AM (permalink)
                                          quote:
                                          Originally posted by Tristan Indiana

I think my favorite store bought cookie has to be LU's dark chocolate little schoolboy biscuits. If you haven't tried them, they're a thin shortbread cookie with a 1 inch square piece of chocolate on top of it. Yummy

Havent had them in a long time.....and your right ---they are really good! Love shortbread!!!!...and they have just the right amount of great dark choolate---think i will look for some!

Rhodes

• Total Posts: 281
                                            RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Wed, 02/18/04 7:00 AM (permalink)
                                            quote:
                                            Originally posted by fogwater

Every now & then, I have to buy a bag of Peek Freans Digestive cookies, the ones with the chocolate in a wave pattern on em.

Peek Freans rule! My favorites are Fruit Creams. As one of my friends used to say, `Are you a Peek Freak??'

autumneyez04

• Total Posts: 51
                                              RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Thu, 02/19/04 2:40 AM (permalink)
                                              My most favorite store-bought sin are LORNA DOONE cookies by Nabisco. If you haven't tried these shortbread perfections, it is a MUST! Shamefully I can sit and eat a whole package of them, very addictive!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned these yet

d880640

• Total Posts: 1
                                                RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Thu, 02/19/04 2:37 PM (permalink)
                                                Cella's cherries - chocolate covered cherry with liquid center.

people healed through prayer:
                                                http://www.bcfc.org/

Sushi_Girl

• Total Posts: 228
                                                  RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Thu, 02/19/04 3:51 PM (permalink)
                                                  I like those little Windmill cookies, and Girl scout cookies-thin mints and tagalongs. i dont eat many sweets, but when i do i usually grab a Dove Bar ice cream.

autumneyez04

• Location: Lake Charles, LA
                                                    RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Thu, 02/19/04 4:21 PM (permalink)
                                                    quote:
                                                    Originally posted by Sushi_Girl

I like those little Windmill cookies, and Girl scout cookies-thin mints and tagalongs. i dont eat many sweets, but when i do i usually grab a Dove Bar ice cream.

YEEEEESSS those Almond Windmill Cookies are fabulous. I actually got a whole bag of them at the Dollar General store for a buck and I can't stop eating them. Just last night i was so intrigued I looked them up online and turns out they are a Dutch/Belgium delicacy that is eaten during tea or coffee time! I crushed some up and made a pie crust for a cheesecake. DELISH!

berndog

• Total Posts: 674
                                                      RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Thu, 02/19/04 4:39 PM (permalink)
                                                      Hard to list, so these goodies are not in specific order where the first is my favorite, but I'm partial to:

Ding Dongs
                                                      Swiss Cake Rolls
                                                      Milano cookies
                                                      Archway Brownie Bar cookies
                                                      Fig Newtons
                                                      Lorna Doones
                                                      and the windmill cookies,

berndog

• Total Posts: 674
                                                        • Location: Rochester, NY
                                                        RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Thu, 02/19/04 4:42 PM (permalink)
                                                        Couldn't remember the name of the windmill cookies. I get them at the bulk food section of our grocery, and they are made by Voortman. They also have some great Chinese almond cookies.

autumneyez04

• Location: Lake Charles, LA
                                                          RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Thu, 02/19/04 5:55 PM (permalink)
                                                          quote:
                                                          Originally posted by berndog

Couldn't remember the name of the windmill cookies. I get them at the bulk food section of our grocery, and they are made by Voortman. They also have some great Chinese almond cookies.

The ones I have are called "Almond Windmill Cookies". Light, Delicate, and Slightly Spiced!

john c

• Total Posts: 30
                                                            • Location: alpharetta, GA
                                                            RE: Your Favorite Round of Store-Bought Sin? Tue, 03/2/04 3:39 PM (permalink)
                                                            almost anything Little Debbie
                                                            esp nutty bars, swiss cake rolls, oatmeal creme pies
                                                            almost anything Entenmann's
                                                            esp soft mini choc chip cookies
                                                            oreos (reg or dbl-stuf, but not any of the new fancy flavas)
                                                            MOON PIES fresh from the plant in Chattie!!! I had the peanut butter ones before they were released to the public (long story)

as far as chips go,
                                                            cheez waffies
                                                            doo-dads
                                                            nacho cheese doritos
                                                            any sour scream & onion chip
                                                            any honey mustard & onion pretzel

JC

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 31 to 60 of 65

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com