Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Your Thoughts on Payday.

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 65
amelia

• Total Posts: 17
Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 10:51 AM (permalink)
What are your thoughts about Payday? I'm just wondering about Payday..Please give me your feedback. :) Thanks!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17815
    RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 10:57 AM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by amelia

What are your thoughts about Payday? I'm just wondering about Payday..Please give me your feedback. :) Thanks!
    Hello Amelia. Welcome to Roadfood. Are you talking about the Payday candy bar?

amelia

RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 10:58 AM (permalink)
      Yeah I am. Thanks for welcoming me! Sorry I didn't mention earlier about it...my bad.

scbuzz

• Total Posts: 844
        RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 11:06 AM (permalink)
        I like anything with peanuts in it or on it !!! So I love them !

I sure am glad I'm not someone with a peanut allergy, that would be tragic !!!

http://www.paydaybar.com/

hatteras04

• Total Posts: 1070
          RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 11:31 AM (permalink)
          I love them. I've never been a big chocolate fan. I mean I'll eat it but only if it's milk chocolate and there's something else like nuts or caramel in it. So the payday is perfect for me. It has a great sweet-salty thing going on and I get the nuts which are my favorite part of a candy bar. I think I need to go get one now. Thanks for blowing my diet

Lone Star

• Total Posts: 1730
            RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 11:32 AM (permalink)
            Well, when I saw the topic I thought "I LOVE payday!" then I realized you meant the candy bar, and I love those too.

They are even better frozen. Somehow I associate them with roadtrips in the Vista Cruiser with my parents. Happy food, happy memories.

Edwaste

• Total Posts: 168
              RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 11:32 AM (permalink)
              Yup, Payday has that perfect blend of saltiness, and sweetness. I'm a big fan. I hate getting stale ones, like in our vending machine here at work.

Rusty246

• Total Posts: 2413
                RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 11:33 AM (permalink)
                I don't eat candy period but my son loves them, and I think they'd be somewhat healthier than alot of chocolate so I don't mind.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17815
                  RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 12:06 PM (permalink)
                  I don't eat candy very often, but I wouldn't eat any candy with nuts.

Kristi S.

• Total Posts: 712
                    RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 12:15 PM (permalink)
                    Payday rocks! I love peanuts. It's a happy day when the vendor stocks our machine at work with Payday bars.

JimInKy

• Total Posts: 599
                      RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 12:22 PM (permalink)
                      Growing up in a restaurant with an extensive candy case, I went through candy bar phases. I would find myself enjoying a particular candy bar and would eat only that one for a while. Tiring of it, I would go on to a new one. Pay Day was somewhere around the 7th grade (when anything with peanuts appealed), but well before 5th Avenue. Once 5th Avenue caught my fancy, I rarely ate any others.

When I go to the market tomorrow, I'll be looking for a Pay Day. But just one.

Willly

• Total Posts: 396
                        RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 12:28 PM (permalink)
                        I've always been a fan. Although I love chocolate, I consider the lack of it a plus in this case. I also am a big fan of Abba-Zabba Bars, another chewy, chocolate-less peanut candy.

amelia

RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 3:44 PM (permalink)
                          Yay. Thanx to everybody for replying. I wouldn't mind more though :) ;) If you want to know why exactly I'm wondering about the Payday Candy Bars, it's becaue in class we are learning about advertising and etc. and I was hoping I could get my own little semi-focus group.

Rusty246

RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 3:46 PM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by clothier

1st and 15th, just as regular as a clock can tick.

Love Paydays.

I always wondered why there wasn't a chocolate covered version, though. Not there there is anything wrong with the orginal, but I think the chocolate would make a nice alternative.

Wouldn't that be kind of like a Baby Ruth? Pardon my ignorance, it's just a guess. I did eat candy once upon a time, just no more.

Rusty246

RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 3:51 PM (permalink)
                              No peanuts??? Wait, no salty peanuts, right? I thought that was the one item that made them attractive in pools.....sorry.

Rusty246

RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 4:05 PM (permalink)
                                I've seen it many times and found it equally funny.

Lone Star

RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 4:05 PM (permalink)
                                  How did they used to advertise the Payday bars? I seem to have a vague recollection about an elephant, but thats it.

scbuzz

• Total Posts: 844
                                    RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 4:12 PM (permalink)
                                    Was that the one that showed the little boy taunting an elephant with the Payday bar at the zoo and then it flashes to years later when a grown man is back at the zoo and the elephant slaps him with its trunk ???

dte3672

• Total Posts: 46
                                      RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 4:48 PM (permalink)
                                      LUV 'em! Found the Honey Roasted flavor Payday bar at my local Dollar store and they are even better than the regular!

BarbaraCt

• Total Posts: 333
                                        RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 5:36 PM (permalink)
                                        I love those too. I used to put extra salt on them. Of course, that was before I knew that salt was "bad".

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
                                          RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 5:44 PM (permalink)
                                          I thought there was a chocolate covered version. What candy company originally made PayDay. I know one of their other products was the Zero bar, white chocolate with a nutty nougat inside. They were best when frozen. I don't see Zero any more.

Billfish

• Total Posts: 397
                                            RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 7:08 PM (permalink)
                                            Payday doesnt seem to have near as much salt as it used to.In fact it used to bill itself on the wrapper as a "Salted Nut Roll".Now it says "Caramel Peanut Bar".Since as mentioned above,its the sweet/salty combination that made it work so well,I dont like them as much as I used to.They still hit the spot sometimes tho.
                                            Original manufacturer was "Hollywood".Now made/distributed by Hershey,I believe.

amelia

RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Wed, 01/21/04 10:04 PM (permalink)
                                              quote:
                                              Count me in. But first, a few questions.

What school?
                                              What class?
                                              What are you trying to accomplish? (other than getting an A)

Stupid quote box, I have no idea how to use it! Ha.
                                              Well sorry for repling SO late but here are your answers to your questions::
                                              What school?: Middle School 8th Grade. Amazing Right? I normally don't type so neat but I want to put on a good impression.
                                              What class?: Leap or GT whatever. English/Reading.
                                              What are you trying to accomplish?: Other than getting an A I'm trying to come up with a way to advertise Payday, because it is not as advertised as the other Hershey products. And also since advertising is our main "dealio" at the moment in class, we learned all about Focus Groups and Creative Briefs. My teacher made up the key message or maybe it's true, I have no idea but it is to say that Payday's have fatty acids which are good for those that are on strict diets and etc. Demographic is professionals working in an office, that sort of thing. Wow, lonnng post.

JimInKy

• Total Posts: 599
                                                RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Thu, 01/22/04 1:21 AM (permalink)
                                                Since I was in the market tonight, I bought a salty and sweet Payday to eat when I got home. The shape of the bar seems different; it's flat. Wasn't the original Payday a log shaped candy bar?

At any rate I didn't care for this candy, and thought the bar I sampled a bit stale. I do think it would be a filling snack when a filling snack is needed.

Years go by sometimes without me eating a candy bar, so I'm not a fair judge of their taste and quality.

hermitt4d

• Total Posts: 367
                                                  RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Thu, 01/22/04 7:07 AM (permalink)
                                                  quote:
                                                  Originally posted by JimInKy

Since I was in the market tonight, I bought a salty and sweet Payday to eat when I got home. The shape of the bar seems different; it's flat. Wasn't the original Payday a log shaped candy bar?

At any rate I didn't care for this candy, and thought the bar I sampled a bit stale. I do think it would be a filling snack when a filling snack is needed.

Years go by sometimes without me eating a candy bar, so I'm not a fair judge of their taste and quality.

I think Reese's Nutrageous would come closer to being a chocolate coated version of Payday than Baby Ruth. I always thought they were intended to be just that.

amelia

RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Thu, 01/22/04 10:41 AM (permalink)
                                                    Hmm, so is the elephant like the mascot for Payday or something?

Rhodes

• Total Posts: 281
                                                      RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Thu, 01/22/04 11:04 AM (permalink)
                                                      It's today and I'm going to buy groceries! Oh.... Never mind.

Lone Star

RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Thu, 01/22/04 11:22 AM (permalink)
                                                        Welcome Amelia - I hope that all of the "nuts" here have been of some use for your project - I am impressed with your writing abilities for 8th grade - the GT shows.

I would think that a good marketing ploy by the Payday folks would be to somehow tie their candy in with the low carb/Atkins dieting that is going on all around the country.

I suppose on a low carb diet, it you were going to "cheat" with candy, a candy that was mostly peanuts would be the best choice.

If the demographic is for office workers - assuming they are parents - another way might be to tout the "healthier" benefits of the peanuts as a protein source for energy rather than a sugar high kind of rush from chocolate candies. "A Better Boost".

Look out Madison Avenue!

amelia

• Location: Carrollton, TX
                                                          RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Thu, 01/22/04 8:37 PM (permalink)
                                                          Thank you Lone Star. Heh, thank you for the information, you are giving me alot of ideas for our project! Woo, advertising sounds like a nice job!

chicagostyledog

• Total Posts: 3218
                                                            • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
                                                            RE: Your Thoughts on Payday. Fri, 01/23/04 1:23 PM (permalink)
                                                            Payday made a sister candy bar called "Milkshake." They tasted better frozen, but needed to be cut with a knife to avoid chipping a tooth.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 65

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com