Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve?

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6530
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2006/12/23 22:31:47 (permalink)
On one of the threads someone mentioned they used the bark bits and pieces of BBQ for their meat in their chili.

Yummmmmm

BBQ Chili, smokey, sweet, peppery........................ (shivers) oh yeah that would be good.

lindabrannen
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2006/12/24 06:04:33 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by PapaJoe8

Yes Linda, real nice, and welcome to roadfood!!! Your chili glasses are a must for our chili store!
Joe
lindabrannen
Junior Burger
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2006/12/24 06:07:05 (permalink)
quote:

Yes Linda, real nice, and welcome to roadfood!!! Your chili glasses are a must for our chili store!
Joe

Thanks!

If you're serious about wanting product for your store, just let me know.
Howdy Doodat
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 85
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2006/12/24 07:36:31 (permalink)
quote:

Joe
Do you have a real store? Or is it still your fantasy store? Or maybe you work for Pendery's or something???
Howdy Doodat
Hamburger
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2006/12/24 07:44:05 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by lindabrannen

roossy90

Please give credit where credit is due. The iced tea glasses and the martini glasses are mine.

www.lindabrannen.com

Are the glasses screen printed or done with decals Do you do the production yourself Or, just the design and prototypes

Wow! That's a lot of questions ... just one more - Can we buy these only from you or do you have other outlets such as Firegirl.com or Penderey's
Howdy Doodat
Hamburger
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2006/12/24 07:53:37 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Howdy Doodat

quote:

roossy90

Please give credit where credit is due. The iced tea glasses and the martini glasses are mine.

www.lindabrannen.com

Are the glasses screen printed or done with decals Do you do the production yourself Or, just the design and prototypes

Wow! That's a lot of questions ... just one more - Can we buy these only from you or do you have other outlets such as Firegirl.com or Penderey's

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!! I should have clicked on the link before I asked all those questions!!!

Of course they are hand painted. Please pardon my mistaken assumptions.

And, of course, as a hand production item my last question would probably be moot as well.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5504
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2006/12/26 15:44:42 (permalink)
Linda, it's just a fantasy store next to the fantasy chili parlor at this point. Your glassware would make great gifts for any chili head though.

Howdy, I bet you could sell that stuff.

CK, yep tha Bark Chili is a must on the menu. I wish I had a bowl today!
Joe!
lindabrannen
Junior Burger
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2006/12/26 15:57:31 (permalink)
quote:

quote:

quote:

roossy90

www.lindabrannen.com

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!! I should have clicked on the link before I asked all those questions!!!

Of course they are hand painted. Please pardon my mistaken assumptions.

And, of course, as a hand production item my last question would probably be moot as well.

That's okay. I'm quick to open my mouth before putting my brain in gear.

Everything is hand painted. All done free style.
lindabrannen
Junior Burger
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2006/12/26 16:40:55 (permalink)

No. you'd buy them directly from me. Not those other sites you mentioned.
Howdy Doodat
Hamburger
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2006/12/26 19:09:40 (permalink)
quote:

No. you'd buy them directly from me. Not those other sites you mentioned.
That's sort of what I figured out on my own. Once I saw the items were hand painted I knew that unless you had as many arms as an octopus and could get by on zero sleep you weren't going to be stocking Penderey's (or any other outside supplier) with your output.
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2006/12/27 14:28:42 (permalink)
quote:

roossy90

www.lindabrannen.com

I am sorry,,. I took the photos from the web, as I thought they are so beautiful, and apologize for not getting your website link there!
I feel bad now.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2006/12/27 15:21:49 (permalink)
Hey, you did good Roossy! We now know about Linda's beautifull glasses, thanks to you. They are on page 3 of this thread, for those who want to check them out.

On the special New Years menu, PapaJoe's Good Luck Stew;
Chunks of smoked ham, lots of it! Slow simmered with black eyed peas, onions, and jalapenos. Go ahead and get lucky!
Joe
lindabrannen
Junior Burger
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2006/12/28 06:26:39 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by roossy90

quote:

roossy90

www.lindabrannen.com

I am sorry,,. I took the photos from the web, as I thought they are so beautiful, and apologize for not getting your website link there!
I feel bad now.

Don't feel bad. Like PapaJoe8 said, you know who I am now.

I found you guys looking at my webstats with referring url's. Roadfood.com was among them and I was trying to find out where I was mentioned on the site. Still haven't found the link. But, I did come across my pics.

I just appreciate any referral.
CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6530
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2007/01/12 15:46:12 (permalink)
CHILI PIZZA

Donato's Pizza in the Cincinnati area is now offering a cincy style chili pizza.

What do you think Papa we gonna add it to our "Chili Parlor"??

PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2007/01/13 08:31:22 (permalink)
CK, we have the chili... so why not? Does Donato's make a 3, 4 and 5 way? How bout a Texas style pizza? Why not all the regional pizza favorites? The possibilities are almost endless! We need a list!

Cinci chili pizza, 3, 4, or 5 way

Chicago style chili pizza, thin or thick crust

Pan chili pizza

New York style chili pizza

Fold it like a man chili pizza

Texas chili pizza

Green chili pizza

Frito chili pizza pie

Mac n cheese chili pizza

Corn bread crust pizza

Chili cheese dip pizza

Flat bread chili pizza

Flour tortilla chili pizza

What did I forget?

Can you have a real chili pizza with beans?

Like I said, almost endless possibilities! We must be carefull though, not to turn from a chili parlor into a pizza parlor !

Anyone make chili pizza? We need recipes!
Joe
Howdy Doodat
Hamburger
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2007/01/13 08:48:31 (permalink)
quote:

Like I said, almost endless possibilities! We must be carefull though, not to turn from a chili parlor into a pizza parlor !

Anyone make chili pizza? We need recipes!
Joe

It's pretty much the same as a Taco Pizza - only using chilli (no beenz) in place of the taco meat. And hold the lettuce.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2007/01/13 09:31:27 (permalink)
Taco Pizza, you say that like everyone knows what that is Howdy. I bet folks in certain parts of the country have never heard of one. Oh, never mind! Taco Bell sells those. My grandzillas like em.
Joe
Howdy Doodat
Hamburger
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2007/01/13 19:49:57 (permalink)
quote:

Taco Pizza, you say that like everyone knows what that is Howdy. I bet folks in certain parts of the country have never heard of one. Oh, never mind! Taco Bell sells those. My grandzillas like em.
Joe

Nahhhh!!! Not Taco Sloppo taco pizza. More like Pizza Slut taco pizza. Taco Sloppo uses something like a glorified tostada or tostaguac for their deal. Pizza Hut starts with a thin crust pizza puck and their standard sauce - then adds taco meat, shredded cheddar, diced tomato, etc. But, no sour cream. They ain't bad.

Better than their Ham, pineapple and anchovy (Hawaiian) pizza.
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2007/01/16 21:26:29 (permalink)
Howdy..
Can you give me the link for the chiliheads..
I just happened over my post for the cheesecake I make, and forgot to submit it.. On your suggestion.
Tara
Howdy Doodat
Hamburger
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2007/01/17 00:28:12 (permalink)
quote:

Howdy..
Can you give me the link for the chiliheads..
I just happened over my post for the cheesecake I make, and forgot to submit it.. On your suggestion.
Tara

Let me present you with the FAQ maintained by Andy Barnhart to subscribe or unsubscribe to the Chileheads list. Since this list has been around for yonks and runs on original (more or less) usenet warez it is not as slick and painless as, say, YooHoo or Cool List ....

/begin pasted/

I have revised my ChileHeads (unofficial) FAQ page to be in accordance with Mike's recent post. These revisions pertain to how to SUBSCRIBE & UNSUBSCRIBE to/from the list / digest.

The page may be found at:

http://www.abarnhart.com/faq
under
Basic ChileHead List Procedures and "Rules"

Let me know if you have any questions/comments.

AndyB

/end pasted/

Hope this helps
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2007/01/17 01:48:29 (permalink)
quote:
quote:
And of course, we need Ort on Friday nights to play some of his favorite tunes.
I like Orts thoughts, but then, we need room for him and his DJ equipment.

Dearfolk,
Making room for me is simple. I bring my portable "kiddle" turntable and one box of 45's. The singles stay under the counter (so no greasy fingers of any sort) and the turntable is on the counter, which apparently is well-anchored to the floor.
Remember, less is more.
In warmest weather, I might even set up outside somehow.
Gadzooks, now I want a bowl of chili, and I'm trying to lose weight!!!
No Shrinking Violet, Ort. Carlton in 30601-land, not in my dreams.
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2007/01/17 01:53:17 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by roossy90[Clock.. so we know when to give last call....

Dearfolk,
Not that clock!! The one on the wall reads "SANITARY COLA" and the hours and minutes are between the letters! "SANITARY" is across the top; "COLA" around the bottom... so 12:00 Noon would be both hands between the "I" and the "T". Remember their slogan -- It's ALWAYS time for Sanitary Cola!
Not Copyright 1911 Myself (Somewhat Newer), Ort. Carlton in Semi-Sanitary Athens, Georgia.
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2007/01/17 01:57:29 (permalink)
Dearfolk,
I forgot to mention that The City Cafe down the street from City Chilli Parlor does serve chili, but theirs is "Cuban style" -- made with both black and garbanzo beans and some yellow rice and Cuban-style seasonings.
Try that one at home, somebody!
Stuck Inside On Main Street With The Chili Blues Again, Ort. Carlton in Library Closing Athens, Georgia.
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2007/01/17 15:27:14 (permalink)
Howdy,
Since that site looks complicated how 'bout I
email you the recipe and you can post it for me, in absentia, OK?
Just give me credit, thats all I ask.
And remember, the filling makes a great dipping sauce also especially for pork.
T
Howdy Doodat
Hamburger
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2007/01/17 16:54:50 (permalink)
quote:

Howdy,
Since that site looks complicated how 'bout I
email you the recipe and you can post it for me, in absentia, OK?
Just give me credit, thats all I ask.
And remember, the filling makes a great dipping sauce also especially for pork.
T

'K. I think we can manage that.

Really, all you have to do is send an e-mail to the proper address with "Subscribe chile-heads" in the title line and repeated in the body of the message.

Then reply to the return e-mail at the proper address.

That is where the confusion began ... the original mail server for subscription requests got choked to death with SPAM. And when they updated the e-mail address the auomated reply software didn't get changed to reflect the new reply-to address and people's confirmation replies were getting bit bucketed by the SPAM cop software at the old address.

So, Andy set up the FAQ page with the correct addresses and directions. Oh, and the list does NOT do HTML - plain text only ... as some MAC users whose e-mail clients default to Rich Text Format found out - much to their detriment.

Send me the recipe - either here or at howdy.doodat@gmail.com and I will see that it gets posted. But, you will be missing out on a great bunch of folks by not joining in.

roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2007/01/17 17:13:35 (permalink)
I will try and see how far I get.
Thanks!
T
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2009/03/22 16:00:51 (permalink)
This thread got a bit off topic but... you chili heads might like reading the earlier pages. Some good stuff is back there!

And... feel free to add your ideas!
Joe
roossy90
Sirloin
RE: Your fantasy chili parlor, what kinds to serve? 2009/07/11 12:41:35 (permalink)
Papa......

OF course you must have my famous chili pie on the menu...

We all remember THIS!-->

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1