Your favorite BBQ sauce...???

Author
BackRhodes
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 726
2011/08/29 23:21:45 (permalink)

Your favorite BBQ sauce...???

Howdy...

I see a mention here and there about bbq sauce, but no 1 thread to tie it all together in terms of bbq sauce you can buy at a store...

What BBQ sauce(s) do you buy...and can you get it via mail order...???
Please tell us what it is you buy, and give a webby site URL if at all possible...

I just changed favorites...

My previous favorite is a local sauce called OT's...it's from Contra Costa County (SF Bay Area) on the delta side of Mt Diablo (Antioch but started in Pittsburg)...I think it was started by 2 players from the Oakland Raiders. It's owned by Hazel Foods and their webby site is www.otsbbqsauce.com  and it's a VERY simple sweet red sauce that I've been using for close to 20 years, and the only place I can find it is at the Safeway in a nearby town...it's a deep mahogany color and the 1st ingredient on the label is Ketchup, so it DOES have humble beginnings, and I sometimes use this as a side dip for a tri-Tip bbq...

But the king is dead, long live the (new) king...also from CCC (Contra Costa County) and it's Kinder's...Lyn says she remembers a Kinders Restaurant as a kid, "someplace" in CCC...maybe Danville ?  and it comes from western CCC (Walnut Creek)...this is also a sweet red sauce but of a lighter, more orange color, and I think the taste is what I've been looking for...it went on my Super Burger tonight, and I often slother it on my favorite cajun hot links (Evergood, a company in San Francisco)...I like the MILD version. They DO make a roasted garlic version but I think the garlic is burnt & bitter. The first ingredient is tomato puree, so it also comes from humble beginnings...their webby site is www.kindersbbq.com  I bet I'll use this stuff on everything but pancakes...

I have a friend in AL that keeps promising to send me some red bbq sauce from his area, but I have yet to see it show up after 5 years, so I'll search the internet and see what I can come up with...

I did send some to a friend a couple of years ago and 1 bottle broke in the variety pack I sent...so I think IF  I mail any in the future I'll seal it up first in a sturdy food "heat sealing pouch" to contain any potential mess is a bottle breaks again...

Who's next...???  What are the bbq sauces you buy...???

5 Replies Related Threads

Mosca
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2983
    Re:Your favorite BBQ sauce...??? 2011/08/30 10:14:07 (permalink)
    Hey, BackRhodes,

There's a loooong thread with the same topic, here. You might get some good ideas there.
    BackRhodes
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 726
    Re:Your favorite BBQ sauce...??? 2011/08/31 21:38:48 (permalink)
    Ah...

I did do a search for "bbq sauce" before posting....didn't have the word favorite in it...
    ynotryme
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 562
    Re:Your favorite BBQ sauce...??? 2011/08/31 22:55:17 (permalink)
    Dinosaur bbq slathering sauce and you can order it online

Mosca
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2983
    Re:Your favorite BBQ sauce...??? 2011/09/01 13:01:37 (permalink)
    Yeah, I know, using "search" I often have problems finding topics and posts that I KNOW are there; I had trouble finding that one! I knew it existed because I'd posted in it recently, I found it by accessing my profile and then "recent posts".

Still, it's a good topic because there are so many sauces available, and it's a product that moves well from the kitchen to the bottle, and new concoctions are hitting the market all the time.
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8072
    Re:Your favorite BBQ sauce...??? 2011/09/01 13:12:49 (permalink)
    What I find difficult with the search function is that I hit enter before the search this forum drops down.  I bet most don't even see that box.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1