Your favorite pizza places?

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 14
Author
Z66 Butch
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 199
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2005/11/20 00:37:42 (permalink)
If you ever get to Anderson Indiana try a Art's Pizza! We like the Hays Special, it has sliced tomatoes along with the regular toppings.

Butch
Z66 Butch
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 199
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2005/11/26 22:36:50 (permalink)
We ate with some friends tonight at MOZZI's PIZZA, 2221 W. Main St. in Greenfield Indiana. We got the Mozzi's Classic Pizza on Chicago Crust. It is a combination of pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions & green peppers. I found the pizza very fresh tasting but the onions and green peppers could have been cook more for my taste, they almost seemed like they were put on after it baked.........The crust was great, crisp on the bottom and great tasting. I don't know if they make their own tomato sauce or not but it was good, just the right seasonings for a pizza, for me anyway! We also had the salad bar. While nothing fancy it was fresh and everything that I tried was good. The prices seemed in line for the area, if you want you can search and find their website that lists the prices.

The family at the other end of the table got the Nacho Pizza. It is a layer of nacho cheese, a layer of mozzarella cheese, ground beef, onions, more mozzarella and -for the brave-jalapeño peppers (optional). I wish we were setting closer to them because I would have loved to try a slice of that! They loved it and said it was one of the best pizzas that they have ever had!
Another couple got roast beef sandwiches. They looked good and I never heard any complaints.

MOZZI's PIZZA has a sports theme and there are displays of signed basketball Jerseys, basketball shoes and many other sports related items. The place is clean and the staff friendly! There are a couple of private rooms for parties and a big screen TV. It looks like a family run business that has grown, they have seven locations. I would recommend them to anyone!

Butch
Mattken85
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 16
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2005/11/28 00:59:40 (permalink)
Tommy's Famous in Mountain View, Arkansas is my personal favorite its the best pizza I have ever had. It is chicago style thick crust (not deep dish) and his homemade hot sauce gives it an extremely unique flavor I have never had anywhere else.
Mattken85
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 16
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2005/11/28 01:02:19 (permalink)
Vino's in downtown Little Rock, Arkansas is also very good but not as good as there microbrewery lagers mmmmmm
raptero
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/06/09 00:29:31 (permalink)
Best Pizza in the state:
http://www.sammyspizzas.com
AndreaB
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1303
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/06/10 07:17:37 (permalink)
In Lexington, KY, Joe Bolognas is the best, IMO. I love their Hawaiian Pizza and the atmosphere is nice as it's in an old church complete with stained glass windows. Here's their website:
www.joebolognas.com
Here in Versailles, KY, we have only Pizza Hut, Little Caesars, and Papa Johns. From those limited choices, my nod has to go to Papa Johns "works" pizza.

Andrea
propertydamage
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/07/15 20:43:21 (permalink)
Two of the best tasting pizza's I have ever eaten and I have had pies from Boston to New York to Chicago.

Campiti's Pizza - Potomac Ave., Dormont, PA - Most consistant I have ever had pizza hasn't changed since 1959!

Beto's Pizza - Banksville Rd., Pittsburgh, PA - Not as cosistant a product as Campiti's, but different and great in its own right!
salsailsa
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 405
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/07/16 00:01:12 (permalink)
Marino's Pizza in Brandon, Manitoba
Pasquale's Pizza in Winnipeg, Manitoba
big g in joisey
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 214
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/07/24 23:50:52 (permalink)
Regular Crust - Arlington Pizza,North Arlington,Nj & Ness Pizza,FairLawn,Nj
Thin Crust - Pompei Pizza,Bayonne,Nj
Thick Crust(Sicilian) - Ness Pizza & Nino's Pizza,Harrison,Nj

ScreenBear
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1505
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/07/31 00:32:40 (permalink)
Good Times Cafe...Hinesburg, Vermont.
The Bear
mr chips
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4727
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/07/31 02:27:13 (permalink)
Apizza Scholls in the Hawthorne area of Portland, Oregon is good. I also like It's A Beautifl Pizza and Pizzicato.
KingKokomo
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/08/10 05:19:20 (permalink)
Hi, new here, but I had to mention Martino's in Kokomo, In. on N. Washington St. Great restaraunt, same family has owned it for forty years, terrific handtossed pizza, and the lasagna is to die for. Also, another Indiana favorite is Pizza King, thin crust, good toppings, and Cheap!
dug
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 213
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/08/13 14:59:10 (permalink)
i miss that pizza king pizza kingkokomo,and the martino family are wonderful people with a great family owned and operated business that's turned out delicious food for decades.
TwoJays
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 200
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/08/13 21:08:02 (permalink)
I just returned from a quick family trip to my sister's place in NJ. I dragged two car-loads of people to my favorite place, Vic's Pizza in Bradley Beach, NJ. A large Chopped Antipasto salad and 3 delicious pies later, and I have 8 family members who are now big fans of Vic's as well.

I had hoped to stop at Federici's in Freehold, NJ, or Maruca's in Seaside Heights, but it just wasn't meant to be this weekend.

John
Norwood, MA
FlippyTheRed
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 90
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/08/13 22:05:06 (permalink)
Cassano's Pizza King in Dayton. Maybe not the best pizza ever, but the best memories for me. Thin crust, pepperoni and a pitcher of Coke.
YCarattini
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/08/15 10:48:26 (permalink)

If you're talking about the Jules in Jersey City that was on Westside avenue for years....heres a tidbit of info. That Jules was sold to a young man who moved a Jules Express to Mcadoo in Jersey City. Now the Jules is on Kennedy Blvd and Linden Avenue in Jersey City NJ. Still a great place and still uses the same recipes right down to THE GREAT SAUCE.
Joisey
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 153
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/08/15 12:12:06 (permalink)
BTW--one of the original Jules' owners nieces posts here. Not sure if the JC express location has pizza, but their other location (Silverton NJ--next to Toms River) does not. BUt they have the sauce & the excellent dinners! (Ahh, lasagna to die for!)
laurapalmer
Junior Burger
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/11/03 15:05:58 (permalink)
the best pizza i've ever had is from ocean pizza in new london connecticut...mmm...delicious!
seadog2
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/11/13 14:47:31 (permalink)
In Connecticut :

Frank Pepe { New haven only , new one in fairfield not as good}
Sally's
Roseland
Lorenzo's
Pellicci's

and the best of all the Colony grill in stamford

As far as FROZEN pizza , I have not found many good one's. Tree Tavern was THE BEST but very hard to find these days.
bxfinest
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 79
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/11/15 18:14:37 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Sanibelle

What is the name of the one on Morris Park?

quote:
Originally posted by johns72604

I am a big fan of Joes of the Village Pizza in good ol' NYC. A couple old employees from the origional location have opened up other Joes of the Village Pizzarias (two) in Brooklyn, and one of them is across the street from where I live and it is really good as well. It is hard to not eat it all the time having such good pie right across the street, so why try. Also, there is a place in Morris Park, Bronx that has unreal brick oven pizza that never gets any recognition on these boards that is just as goos as John's, Grimaldi's, and Lomabardi's. It's worth checking out.

Sorry I can't supply the name of the pizza shop in Morris Park you requested from Sanibelle. However I can do you one better. For a great slice, sicilian slice(best anywhere In the nation I guarantee)and calzone, jump on the 5 train at the Morris Park station and take it 2 stops uptown to E.Gun Hill Road(Dyre Ave Bound), go upstairs and make a left to Nicks. You won't regret it.
Tootiered
Junior Burger
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2006/12/05 23:47:51 (permalink)
Hands down: Pizza King in Indiana. My sister even sent me 4 large half baked ones for Xmas last year. I had a barbecue pizza about 1/2 hour after I opened that box.
duck1
Junior Burger
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2007/04/16 13:00:21 (permalink)
Bobes Pizza Vincennes Indiana and Turonis In Evansville Indiana
Mew_Blackberri
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2007/04/30 00:36:49 (permalink)
Ipswich House of Pizza takes the cake on this one. No pizza place could ever measure up to it's good taste and great quality. And their soda choices are good too. I love Mercury sodas!
jimn
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2007/06/11 22:10:02 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by seadog2

In Connecticut :

Sally's
Roseland
Lorenzo's
Pellicci's

As far as FROZEN pizza , I have not found many good one's. Tree Tavern was THE BEST but very hard to find these days.

Also in Hartford area , Luna (any of them), Harry's, Barbara's , the stone Pies at Trumbull Kitchen, and the chain California Kitchen.
JBarry713
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 243
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2007/06/11 23:09:11 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by jimn

quote:
Originally posted by seadog2

In Connecticut :

Sally's
Roseland
Lorenzo's
Pellicci's

Also in Hartford area , Luna (any of them), Harry's, Barbara's , the stone Pies at Trumbull Kitchen, and the chain California Kitchen.

I've had pizza at Luna in West Hartford and it wasn't all that good. The pie did have fresh mozzarella and a good tomato sauce, but the crust was as hard as a rock and was not pliant whatsoever - it snapped in half when I folded it. I havent't made it to any other Luna - maybe the WeHa branch had a bad night.

Harry's is far superior, I have never been dissapointed there. I would also add First and Last Tavern to any list of the top Hartford area pizzerias (though it is really a full-service, casual Italian restaurant). Good crust structure/flavor and a great tomato sauce.
McBurger
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2007/06/17 19:41:12 (permalink)
Julian's, best pizza in San Antonio, TX. Moved here from Detroit in 06. Where's a decent pizzeria. I was on a quest for NY style pizza. Tried them all; Rome's (ugh!), Big Lou's (not bad), Paul Revere, Domino's, Papa John's, Little Caeser's, lump these four together (kiddy's pizza). Heard about Julian's NY pizza, IT IS! perfect crust, fabulous sauce, mozzarella to die for, fresh toppings. Trust me on this one. 281 to Bitters at Embassy in shopping center. They also have great pasta, sandwiches, calzone, stromboli & Chicago style dogs. I'll see ya there.
carpetbagger, esq.
Junior Burger
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2007/08/15 22:20:23 (permalink)
Favorite Places:

Growing up:
Moochies Pizza or Gino & Joe's in Liverpool, NY. Probably not the best pizza, but it has a lot of memories. We'd always get pepperoni or sausage, and I fondly remember going and getting a slice with my dad at Gino & Joe's.

College years:
San Remo's Pizza in Liverpool and North Syracuse, NY. Why? Chicken Wing Pizza! Probably the best non-tradtional pizza I have ever had. What's in it? Well, there is no tomato base - it's all wing sauce. They then cook up a dozen wings, pull the meat off the bones, and sprinkle it on top. add cheese and then bake. Now this is where San Remo's deviated from another place in Liverpool called Lorenzo's (now closed). While Lorenzo's would add the celery and bleu cheese to the actual pizza, San Remo's serves it on the side. I go back and forth as to which I liked better. San Remo would likely get the nod because their bleu cheese had some heat to it.

Hot Tomatoes, Charlottesville, VA. I never understood why this place closed. It always seemed to do well being located on the main drag across from central grounds (UVA speak for campus). If I remember correctly, I think the story was the owner wanted to concentrate on his other location. Their bbq pizza (bbq sauce, cheese, chicken and red onion) and blackened chicken with gorgonzola were the best picks.

Now that I live in Nashville:
Heck, I'm tempted to say NOTHING! I've been here almost a decade and for hte most part, the pizza here is absolutely horrible. Thankfully, a place called Mafiaoza's opened up a few years ago and they make a pretty good pizza. Outside of them, the options are basically non-existent.
rare i
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2007/08/16 23:40:13 (permalink)
I LOVE PIZZA, be it thin, thick, pan, frozen, cold out of the fidge, and I fancy myself a sort of pizza snob. As long as the ingredients are fresh, we're talking fresh mushrooms, fresh spinach, fresh mozzarella, then it's all good.... I'll try anything on a pizza crust once. Aurelios in Chicagoland has the best bbq chicken pizza, I make a italian roast beef pizza with roasted red peppers and giardiana, that is like a big giant beef sandwich. I'll go hawaiian pizza one day, a spinach pizza the next.. and so and so on. The possiblities are endless...
Kricket54
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2007/09/07 22:01:49 (permalink)
I've lived in Ohio & In..... The best pizza I had in Ohio was in Austintown, a suburb of Youngstown, at Wedgewood Pizza. Hands down the best pizza I have ever had. Back in the day, they were voted among the best pizza in the nation.Now that I live in In., Bobes Pizza is the best around. They really pile on the topping, but its just enough.
arturofinkus
Junior Burger
RE: Your favorite pizza places? 2007/10/04 17:33:20 (permalink)
JOE'S PIZZA
dayton ohio.
it's refreshing to have a pizza place opened for as long as joe's has been and the only kind of pizza's they serve is small, medium, or large. no chicken buffalo or spinach alfredo etc. they have put all their effort into making the best pies in the midwest.
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 14
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1