Yuengling Light Lager

Author
porkchopexpress
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 798
2008/10/23 12:42:53 (permalink)

Yuengling Light Lager

Anyone ever tried Yuengling Light Lager. I had several the other day and I have now found my new favorite brew

8 Replies Related Threads

Foodosaurus
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 622
    RE: Yuengling Light Lager 2008/10/23 13:03:15 (permalink)
    I am a big fan of Yuengling, which is a problem. For some reason, this PA crafted beer, is not sold anywhere in the state of CT. It is not allowed to be.

Whenever I go to Yankee Stadium, I always down a few Yuenglings at the bowling alley across the street before going in.

The last time I went to visit my friend who lives in Queens, I bought a sixer of Yuengling Light. I definately enjoy it more than the big three; Miller Lite, Coors Light, Bud Light.
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6271
    RE: Yuengling Light Lager 2008/10/23 13:21:10 (permalink)
    Yuengling yes, but I can't drink ANY watered down beer...and even though I think Yuengling would do it better than most...I'll stick to their regular...which is my favorite brew among the big breweries!!!
    joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4529
    RE: Yuengling Light Lager 2008/10/23 13:47:22 (permalink)
    Yuengling Lager is my favorite. I never tried the light version. I don't drink beer very often, when I do I want full flavor.

I give credit to the Yuengling Family. They kept their company private and refused to sell out. Because of this they do not have nationwide distribution. They gain market share slowly, so hang in there braunsteinm, I'm sure they will be in your town soon.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15272
    RE: Yuengling Light Lager 2008/10/23 14:31:35 (permalink)
    By a considerable distance, my favorite Oyster Bargain is at Wintzell's Oyster House in Mobile,AL. For $4.99 you can get a dozen Great Oysters on the half-shell and a 16 oz Yuengling Draft Beer.
    Our last roadfood meeting in Febuary saw me go thru 4 of these while waiting for our dinner entrees. If I had it to do again, I would have dropped the entree order and asked for four more of the 'Dozen Raw and Draft' Appetizers! That draft beer was a perfect match for the Oysters !

I am not much of a Beer Expert, but I know what I like. Yuengling sits right up there with Shiner's Bock and Summer Ale as my favorites.
    WarToad
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1847
    RE: Yuengling Light Lager 2008/10/23 15:28:00 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

... my favorite Oyster Bargain is at Wintzell's Oyster House in Mobile,AL. For $4.99 you can get a dozen Great Oysters on the half-shell and a 16 oz Yuengling Draft Beer.....

Holy Smokes! That's a steal of a deal! I could certainly make dinner and a evening out of that! Like, once a week every week!
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15272
    RE: Yuengling Light Lager 2008/10/24 10:24:23 (permalink)

Toadie,

That's one of the standard appetizer offers at Wintzell's!! Put that place on your list of MUST DO's for your visit to Mobile. I love the place!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13495
    RE: Yuengling Light Lager 2008/10/24 11:11:02 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by WarToad

quote:
    Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

... my favorite Oyster Bargain is at Wintzell's Oyster House in Mobile,AL. For $4.99 you can get a dozen Great Oysters on the half-shell and a 16 oz Yuengling Draft Beer.....

Holy Smokes! That's a steal of a deal! I could certainly make dinner and a evening out of that! Like, once a week every week!

I was there and I did a dozen. I am like Al. I wish I had skipped the entree and got another dozen as I was not able to complete my entree. I sincerely believe I would have been much happier with another dozen with the beer. Certainly much cheaper and in my opinion, much better.

Paul E. Smith
    knoxville, TN
    fattybomatty
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1017
    RE: Yuengling Light Lager 2008/10/24 11:47:31 (permalink)
    Porkchop,

I have not had the light, but I have had the lager and the black and tan. I like both. Actually, now that I think about it I haven't had the black and tan in a long time. I should get that next time I get it. Yuengling is definitely one of my favorite beers. Especially at that price range. I will have to try the light to see how it is. I expect it will be just as good as the rest of their beers. For the longest time you could only buy yuengling in jersey at the liquor store. Now I don't know a single bar/restaurant that doesn't sell it
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1