The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Zaharako's - Columbus, IN ... CLOSED?

jokadrma

• Total Posts: 39
Zaharako's - Columbus, IN ... CLOSED? Fri, 08/4/06 5:37 PM (permalink)

I visited Zaharko's soda fountain in Columbus, IN today (08/04/2006) and the place was boarded up. If anyone has this place on their culinary roadmap, scratch it off.

buffetbuster

RE: Zaharako's - Columbus, IN ... CLOSED? Wed, 08/9/06 12:59 PM (permalink)
    I was hoping this news about Zaharako's wasn't true. But I've called several times in the last few days and even though the line hasn't been disconnected, there was no answer. Coupled with the closing of Stone's in Iowa, this has been quite a bad week for classic Roadfood places.

I only made it to Zaharako's once and that was in 2000. I was with a buddy of mine and he had two kids under five. As much as I enjoyed the place, the kids were absolutely dazzled. The only disappointment was that the old time music machine in the back wasn't working that day.

bobmeier

• Total Posts: 1
      RE: Zaharako's - Columbus, IN ... CLOSED? Sun, 04/1/07 1:05 PM (permalink)
      Sadly the news of Zaharako's being closed is true. In June of 2006 Lew Zaharako passed away after a long battle with heart disease, he will be sorely missed. There is a ray of hope though, A committee has been formed and the proccess is underway to restore and reopen Zaharako's back to it's glory days. The committee is headed up by local bussiness and community leader Hutch Shoemaker, and if anyone can get the place restored and running in the area my money is on him. They have made some progress in the restoration and Hutch hopes to have it opened before Christmas of 2007.

Purdue 71

• Total Posts: 1
        RE: Zaharako's - Columbus, IN ... CLOSED? Sun, 04/15/07 9:48 PM (permalink)
        The plan is to reopen Zaharako's in time for the 2007 Christmas Season. A lot of people are working hard to reach this goal. The Arts Council fundraiser is even auctioning off the opportunity to be the first in line for the Grand Re-opening!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15061
          • Roadfood Insider
          RE: Zaharako's - Columbus, IN ... CLOSED? Sun, 04/15/07 9:55 PM (permalink)
          Thanks for the update. Please post any additional info as it becomes available. Thanks Again.
          AL

columbusite

• Total Posts: 6
            RE: Zaharako's - Columbus, IN ... CLOSED? Wed, 07/4/07 10:30 PM (permalink)
            I posted updates in another thread that was started by the board operators when I emailed them. :)

columbusite

• Total Posts: 6
              RE: Zaharako's - Columbus, IN ... CLOSED? Sat, 06/13/09 10:08 AM (permalink)
              It is open again. See the other thread.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com