Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

a UTENSIL for eating WINGS?

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 81
NYDan

• Total Posts: 18
a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 3:46 PM (permalink)
What do you think of this... a utensil for eating buffalo wings?

Check it out - www.trongs.com

Some of my friends tell me that getting messy is part of the fun of eating wings. I love wings, but I hate getting hot sause on my fingers.

efuery

• Total Posts: 630
    RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 3:49 PM (permalink)
    I think they were inspired by plastic vampire teeth, LOL!

Rusty246

• Total Posts: 2413
      RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 3:57 PM (permalink)
      Whoever and whatever can wait until I'm done eating..with my fingers!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17810
        RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 4:08 PM (permalink)
        While I don't eat wings, I would imagine people tout them for eating ribs, too. How ridiculous!

NYDan

RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 4:14 PM (permalink)
          Why is it rediculous? I like eating wings, and I don't like getting my fingers dirty.

blizzardstormus

• Total Posts: 274
            RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 4:16 PM (permalink)
            Trong-licking good just doesn't sound as good as finger-licking good.

Leania_1stone

• Total Posts: 208
              RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 4:20 PM (permalink)
              I don't like getting my fingers dirty either lol esp getting it under my fingernails! :) I'm a notorious neat eater

Lexi

• Total Posts: 248
                RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 4:23 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by NYDan

Why is it rediculous? I like eating wings, and I don't like getting my fingers dirty.

What a bunch of wussies!

Michael Hoffman

RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 4:26 PM (permalink)
                  quote:

Well, what's the point of eating wings if you don't want your fingers to get messy, not dirty. If you consider the wings dirty why would you eat them at all?

kman160

• Total Posts: 160
                    RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 4:31 PM (permalink)
                    half the reason for having wings is lick your fingers after

NYDan

RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 4:32 PM (permalink)
                      Okay, you're right. I used the wrong word... not dirty, but messy.

I like chocolate pudding too. but I wouldn't eat it without a spoon... because it would be messy.

Sundancer7

RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 4:43 PM (permalink)
                        It does not matter how you consume them, just enjoy them and do it anyway you like. Who really cares. Personally, I use natural fingers and usually the establishment provides handi wipes.

Paul E. Smith
                        knoxville, TN

porkbeaks

• Total Posts: 2201
                          RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 4:50 PM (permalink)
                          An invention that makes cellphone use easier in a restaurant is a wonderful idea.NOT!!! pb

Michael Hoffman

RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 4:58 PM (permalink)

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
                              • Roadfood Insider
                              RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 6:04 PM (permalink)
                              quote:
                              Originally posted by porkbeaks

An invention that makes cellphone use easier in a restaurant is a wonderful idea. NOT!!! pb

It's called a bluetooth wireless headset.. Makes one look like they lost it talking to themselves.

wheregreggeats.com

RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 6:16 PM (permalink)
                                My Take on This: Do not order finger food (wings, as well as ribs, as well as sandwiches, as well as fried chicken, as well as popcorn, as well as onion rings , etc.) if you, for whatever reason, don't want to use your fingers to eat them.

The reverse is true also. Do not order food that is meant for utensils, if you are going to eat with your fingers (scrambled eggs, chili, soup, spaghetti, etc.)

Meanwhile, we can all get along, with foods like French fries* and Coney dogs that can be eaten either way.

* Grammar Police: Which F's get capitalized in "FreNcH fRies"?

An Aside: I will never understand why those among us will get a burger, or some other sandwich and strategically wrap a napkin around the whole thing and then progress to eat the food, all the time maneuvering so as to not eat the paper.

Frankman

• Total Posts: 300
                                  RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 6:31 PM (permalink)
                                  My vote is nay also. As was mentioned it is finger food. I even disagree with those corn holders.

Michael Hoffman

RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 7:27 PM (permalink)
                                    Oh, I like the corn holders, but not to keep my fingers from becoming buttery. I like them because they keep my fingers from burning.

Leania_1stone

RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 8:19 PM (permalink)
                                      The only real finger foods I eat these days is corn on the cob lol NOT because of an aversion to getting my fingers messy but because I've turned into a bit of a health freak....unfortunately :) I like those little corn holders too :) :)

My son on the other hand loves to eat everything with his fingers and hands I don't discourage him we all do what we are comfortable with when it comes to food and as long as it gets eaten one way or another it should be fine :)

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9542
                                        RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 8:55 PM (permalink)
                                        quote:

Some of my friends tell me that getting messy is part of the fun of eating wings. I love wings, but I hate getting hot sause on my fingers.

TRONGS?????? You gotta be kiddin me! It is not even politically correct to eat wings with such contraptions. Besides, what do you do with them when you're done? Stick them in your pocket and get sauce all over your clothes???

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15059
                                          • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                          • Roadfood Insider
                                          RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 9:10 PM (permalink)

All you utensil freaks better arm yourself before boarding the roadfood tour bus in Austin.... Kreuz Market serves it's meats on Butcher paper sans any utensils... My inch thick slab of smoked prime rib was finger food, just like the ribs and brisket.
                                          I carry a K-Bar in the truck for emergency situations like that !!

Leania_1stone

RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 9:23 PM (permalink)
                                            lol Ok I am actually going to admit I keep a set of plastic forks and knives and spoons and straws and salt and pepper in my car...........................................

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3661
                                              RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 9:24 PM (permalink)
                                              Napkin

a piece of material (as cloth or paper) used at table to wipe the lips or fingers and protect the clothes

dholk

• Total Posts: 107
                                                RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 9:43 PM (permalink)
                                                These Trongs are so ridiculous I don't even know what to say.

If using napkins to wipe your hands after eating finger foods isn't enough, well again I don't even know what to say.

Wow, just unbelievable...

matilda

• Total Posts: 667
                                                  RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Wed, 12/19/07 11:02 PM (permalink)
                                                  quote:
                                                  Originally posted by Foodbme

quote:

TRONGS?????? You gotta be kiddin me! It is not even politically correct to eat wings with such contraptions. Besides, what do you do with them when you're done? Stick them in your pocket and get sauce all over your clothes???

You're on to something there. They should make them disposable. An added advantage for them would be the built-in obsolescence which would necessitate additional sales.

BhamBabe

• Total Posts: 879
                                                    RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Thu, 12/20/07 5:22 AM (permalink)
                                                    Personally, I'd use them. I have long fingernails and sauce is icky under your nails. I don't normally eat them with my fingers at home and I never order them out. I have to take a nail brush as it is just to make sure my hands are clean at anytime but esp after eating finger foods.

And no, I won't cut my nails. My husband likes long nails, esp when his back is being scratched lol

John A

• Total Posts: 4295
                                                      • Location: Daytona Beach, FL
                                                      RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Thu, 12/20/07 9:35 AM (permalink)
                                                      Next thing you know people are going to wear latex gloves while eating wings, etc. HEY, that's not a bad idea

ppezalla

RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Thu, 12/20/07 12:19 PM (permalink)
                                                        quote:
                                                        An Aside: I will never understand why those among us will get a burger, or some other sandwich and strategically wrap a napkin around the whole thing and then progress to eat the food, all the time maneuvering so as to not eat the paper.

I do it all the time when I eat in the car (which is most lunches). Beats spending the afternoon with grease spots down the front of my shirt and bits of tomato and pickle in my lap.

myterry2

• Total Posts: 526
                                                          • Location: Lake Forest, IL
                                                          RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Thu, 12/20/07 12:31 PM (permalink)
                                                          Wings are finger food...period, end of report.

Ashphalt

• Total Posts: 1644
                                                            • Location: Sharon, MA
                                                            RE: a UTENSIL for eating WINGS? Thu, 12/20/07 1:15 PM (permalink)
                                                            Doesn't sound as useful as, say, escargot tongs.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 81

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com